Manuel Pazos of MSX Cartridge Shop who we know from their Mega Flash ROM and their MSX game cartridges has announced a new product. The new MegaFlashROM SCC+ SD cartridge is a Konami-sized cartridge that combines a MegaFlashROM SCC+ with an SD cart reader with two micro SD slots. A preview of the product in action can be found here.
Here's an overview of all the features:
- Two micro SD slots
- Compatible with MMC, SD and SDHC cards
- Supports hot card swap
- Uses Nextor as disk operative system (native support for FAT12/16, BASIC commands to control units, partitions, etc...)
- Maximum partition size of 4GB
- ROM drive. The ROM drive enables you to put a diskimage into the flashrom. It will be mounted as an extra readonly drive. The ROM drive is always available (unless erased), even when any card is inserted. It can be used to boot from or store files that you use regularly.
- FlashROM memory of 64Mbits (8MBytes)
- MegaFlashROM SCC+ of 7MB (7000K): All the features of the previous version and more (except subslots simulation). Writting process four times faster It is possible to load and run up to 9 disk images (DSKs) MultiROMs up to 511 ROMs It is possible to clone the internal PSG sound using the external one.
- Recovery mode: Install SD kernel directly from the SD card (you don't need other disk interface) Erase MegaFlashROM SCC+ content Erase SD interface kernel Erase ROM disk Show SD cards information
- High speed transfer (read and write)
- Konami sized cartridge.
The cartridge works as an slot expander, so it must be used on a primary slot. The MegaFlashROM SCC+ SD is expected to be available in 2 weeks from MSX Cartridge Shop for a price of around € 100,-.
Relevant link: MegaFlashROM SCC+ SD preview