MSXdev'09 - first donations received

by viejo_archivero on 10-05-2009, 12:28
Topic: MRC
Tags: Challenges

MSXdev'09 has only been in the air for little over a week, and things already seem to get rolling. The first main prize donation has been received by meisei developer hap: €20! Naturally this could just be the start of a much bigger prize. Every donation, whether big or small, is really appreciated.

Apart from donating something for the main prize, he wanted to give birth to a sponsored prize: best MSX1+ game!. You may have seen this one coming, in a way. This could perhaps be the bridge between the original MSXdev specifications and the recognition for the support of certain extensions, such as audio and video chips. Currently, the prize for this new category is €10, which has already been sent to the organization. If someone feels hap's initiative is just what the audience longs for then it's of course also possible to donate something for this particular category.

Perhaps this MSX1+ prize is just what the contest needs. It could in theory even mean that there may be two intrinsic versions of a game in one single ROM: one for screen 2, one for screen 5. We can only wait and see what this brings us, in seven months we'll know the answer!

Relevant link: MSXdev

By hap

Paragon (1916)

hap's picture

10-05-2009, 13:29

If someone feels hap's initiative is just what the audience longs for then it's of course also possible to donate something for this particular category.So, ARTRAG, double it to 20! Wink My donation was a reaction to your idea.

Once more donations start rolling in, we can openly decide on how it'll be judged.

By Huey

Huey's picture

10-05-2009, 16:52

So, ARTRAG, double it to 20! My donation was a reaction to your idea.

LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!LOL!

By ARTRAG

ARTRAG's picture

10-05-2009, 18:38

Touché !!
Hap, I just doned 20€ to the main prize and 20€ to the msx1+ subcontest.
Smile

By viejo_archivero

viejo_archivero's picture

11-05-2009, 06:46

donation received! Wink

By ARTRAG

ARTRAG's picture

12-05-2009, 21:59

errr... maybe you could also update the msxdev page including the recent donations.
This could dispel my impression that the money have already gone in beers and other fun...
Tongue

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9471)

wolf_'s picture

12-05-2009, 22:11

it didn't? Tongue

By viejo_archivero

viejo_archivero's picture

13-05-2009, 05:37

sorry, ARTRAG, of course it will be announced as news, but I am running out of free time lately and did not update the site. Please be patient, I will try to make the update tonight. thanks for supporting the MSXdev contests!

By Gakubuchi

Expert (88)

Gakubuchi's picture

14-05-2009, 10:23

Here comes another donation! I've just donated 20€ to the main prize!
Since the begining of the MSXDev I've been just an spectator. Now I want to contribute into it! LOL!
Let's se how big the prize can get with our donations! I'm sure it will encorage more developers!

By viejo_archivero

viejo_archivero's picture

14-05-2009, 14:50

Received too, thanks for supporting the contest!! Wink, I hope I can get some time this weekend to update the site with all those news, stay tuned!

By ARTRAG