how to connect a panasonic a1gt to a vga monitor

صفحة 1/3
| 2 | 3

بواسطة ARTRAG

Enlighted (6890)

صورة ARTRAG

15-08-2013, 20:53

What is the best solution to connect an ancient TR to a modern monitor?

Login أوregister لوضع تعليقاتك

بواسطة rolins

Champion (418)

صورة rolins

15-08-2013, 22:19

Purchase a CGA to VGA converter and connect the TR's RGB output to the converter.

بواسطة meits

Scribe (6528)

صورة meits

15-08-2013, 22:30

I googled a lot about it and found a lot of issues... To prevent me from buying a lot of different models not working like I want, I decided to buy a flat screen TV with a scart input instead. I'm very happy with that choice...

بواسطة KriX

Supporter (4)

صورة KriX

15-08-2013, 22:59

Great choice, I did the same several months ago Smile

بواسطة ARTRAG

Enlighted (6890)

صورة ARTRAG

16-08-2013, 00:30

rolins wrote:

Purchase a CGA to VGA converter and connect the TR's RGB output to the converter.

do you mean something like this ($89.00 !!) ?
http://www.ambery.com/rgbcgatovgac.html
The RGB out of the TR has these connectors
http://www.msxzone.com/msx/msxmachinegallery/img/large/Panas...
Do you know a converter that fits in the TR ports ?

بواسطة ARTRAG

Enlighted (6890)

صورة ARTRAG

16-08-2013, 00:31

Meits wrote:

I googled a lot about it and found a lot of issues... To prevent me from buying a lot of different models not working like I want, I decided to buy a flat screen TV with a scart input instead. I'm very happy with that choice...

Sorry but the monitor is already there (it is the LCD TV of my living room)

بواسطة rolins

Champion (418)

صورة rolins

16-08-2013, 00:50

ARTRAG wrote:
rolins wrote:

Purchase a CGA to VGA converter and connect the TR's RGB output to the converter.

do you mean something like this ($89.00 !!) ?
http://www.ambery.com/rgbcgatovgac.html
The RGB out of the TR has these connectors
http://www.msxzone.com/msx/msxmachinegallery/img/large/Panas...
Do you know a converter that fits in the TR ports ?

Something like this is cheaper. You might find it less on ebay or elsewhere.
http://www.jammaboards.com/store/cga-ega-yuv-to-vga-arcade-h...

You will need to make your own video cable from the TR to the converter because I've never seen a converter with 8-pin DIN connector.

بواسطة sd_snatcher

Prophet (3596)

صورة sd_snatcher

16-08-2013, 03:04

@ARTRAG

There are some options. Each one has some advantages/disadvantages.

RGB to VGA converter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170860805754?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDX...

If your TV has component-video inputs, you can try one of these two:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-SCART-to-RGB-YPbPr-YUV-Componen...
http://jrok.com/hardware/RGB.html

And if your TV/monitor supports the 15KHz VGA input you can build the cheap LM1881 cable:
http://msxpro.com/rgb-vga.html

بواسطة pseen

Resident (60)

صورة pseen

06-01-2016, 17:21

sd_snatcher wrote:

@ARTRAG

There are some options. Each one has some advantages/disadvantages.

RGB to VGA converter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170860805754?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Has anyone successfully tried that converter? I'd like to hook my HitBit and 738 up to my Samsung SyncMaster.

بواسطة l_oliveira

Hero (534)

صورة l_oliveira

06-01-2016, 20:07

Keep in mind that due to reduced space on the backplane, they deleted the audio and video RCA pins. So because of that the A1GT outputs Composite video on it's RGB DIN CSYNC pin.

There's a jumper inside the computer which toggles CVBS/CSYNC. It defaults to CVBS.

Check this thread:

http://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/hardware/need-help-how-fix...

بواسطة -Neo-

Champion (396)

صورة -Neo-

07-01-2016, 16:57

Well, I can tell you my experiences:

I used several converters because I use a very modern LCD without start or VGA connectors. They worked best with a Turbo R ST but the converter I had made a 16:9 picture out of the MSX 4:3 aspect ratio. Then I received my Turbo R GT that has indeed a CVBS signal on the RGB output as l_oliveira describes which gave sync problems. I didn't like the idea of soldering in my Turbo R GT: I want to keep it as is.So I also bought a SLG in a box scaler but that thing didn't handle the 50Hz signal well (black screen).

So after all these bad experiences I decided to do it well and buy an xRGB mini and a specific cable for EURO SCART with a SYNC stripper. And I can tell you: It's great. It works perfectly and when you look at the picture it is as if it's a direct digital picture directly coming from a HDMI connection. If you tell someone it's the picture of openMSX running on a PC with HDMI output you'd believe it. It's quite expensive though: Around 350EUR I spent but for me all worth it. It also has great support for connecting all kinds of Retro consoles (NES, SNES, N64, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Mega Drive etc.)

صفحة 1/3
| 2 | 3