WTB: Philips VG-8235, NMS 8245 or NMS 8250

صفحة 1/2
| 2

بواسطة malloc-3rz

Supporter (10)

صورة malloc-3rz

22-08-2016, 07:02

Hi,

I’m new here (Hi again!), so I’d like to start with a decent model (from what I read here, I hope I’m right …). I would also be interested in sources where I can buy a CF/IDE IF. Shipping to Germany should be possible.

A RGB screen is not necessary (I have a generic one), but also nice if it matches the system.

Regards
Götz

Login أوregister لوضع تعليقاتك

بواسطة hamlet

Scribe (4105)

صورة hamlet

22-08-2016, 12:00

Welcome malloc-3rz!
You will be happy if you buy a Megaflashrom SD cart. There are different types, Igot mine from msxcartridgeshop.com.
I only got some Philips 8020 to trade with...
Perhaps you find a MSX2 at marktplaats.nl. A page wich is similar to eBayKleinanzeigen. In the netherland was much more MSX sold than in Germany, especially Philips ones, so you should find one there.

بواسطة Manuel

Ascended (18783)

صورة Manuel

22-08-2016, 23:18

I should have some of these left over at home... contact me privately. If you're not too far from Nijmegen you could even take a look and pick one up.

بواسطة malloc-3rz

Supporter (10)

صورة malloc-3rz

28-08-2016, 16:13

hamlet wrote:

Welcome malloc-3rz!

Thanks!

hamlet wrote:

You will be happy if you buy a Megaflashrom SD cart. There are different types, Igot mine from msxcartridgeshop.com.

Ta.

hamlet wrote:

Perhaps you find a MSX2 at marktplaats.nl. A page wich is similar to eBayKleinanzeigen. In the netherland was much more MSX sold than in Germany, especially Philips ones, so you should find one there.

Thanks for the hint!

بواسطة malloc-3rz

Supporter (10)

صورة malloc-3rz

28-08-2016, 16:39

hamlet wrote:

Welcome malloc-3rz!
You will be happy if you buy a Megaflashrom SD cart.

From the description there I got that this is read-only to the MSX? I’m looking for a harddisk replacement, with read/write access at the MSX.

بواسطة hamlet

Scribe (4105)

صورة hamlet

28-08-2016, 18:08

You can read and write, from BASIC, MSXDOS, DOS2.
You don´t need a special DOS2 ROM cartridge. You get 512kB extra RAM, which is usefull, if you own a Philips.
You´re able to use nine virtual disks, your build in disk. And you can flash it with ROM images.
If you´re in need to connect a physical HD, there are IDE or SCII adapters. For most of them you need a DOS2 ROM.
I never heard of somebody returning his megaflashrom...

بواسطة malloc-3rz

Supporter (10)

صورة malloc-3rz

11-09-2016, 21:28

hamlet wrote:

You can read and write, from BASIC, MSXDOS, DOS2.
You don´t need a special DOS2 ROM cartridge. You get 512kB extra RAM, which is usefull, if you own a Philips.
You´re able to use nine virtual disks, your build in disk. And you can flash it with ROM images.

Sounds great, I should get one. But first I need a MSX2 with 3 slots (RS232, Megaflashrom and dontknowyetbutsafertohavetheoption), haven’t been able to find one yet. The hints pointing to marktplaats.nl were great, I just don’t get any answer when I ask the sellers whether they ship to Germany, so no luck there yet.

hamlet wrote:

If you´re in need to connect a physical HD, there are IDE or SCII adapters

No, thanks, if I want original media I can use floppies. Thanks everyone giving tips to a MSX newbie!

بواسطة defdanny

Scribe (367)

صورة defdanny

11-09-2016, 21:55

Hello malloc-3rz,
I am also from Germany and I look for and sometimes buy MSX stuff on maarktplats.nl
Since my Dutch tongue is very poor (sadly), I often ask the sellers there in English, which is understood in 90 %
So keep asking, I have already received a lot of stuff from our kind western neighbours.
Post & package is also cheaper than say from Spain. All in all you have to say, that maarktplats.nl works a bit "slower" than kleinanzeigen.ebay.de. That is because of the bidding mechanism with no time limit (on maarktplats), whereas kleinanzeigen works with fixed offers (mostly). In short: be a bit patient on marktplaats... Cool

بواسطة raulsantacruz

Hero (600)

صورة raulsantacruz

12-09-2016, 01:11

I recommend http://www.retroclasificados.com/. It's a spanish retromarket web but it's very clear and you can contact directly with the seller. You can try to write in english to the seller (in my case, http://www.retroclasificados.com/usuario/grayfox77, I don't have any problem to answer in english).

Regards and good luck

بواسطة Manuel

Ascended (18783)

صورة Manuel

12-09-2016, 19:58

There are hardly any msx2 machines with 3 cartridge slots, only the Sony HB-F500P comes to mind.

بواسطة raulsantacruz

Hero (600)

صورة raulsantacruz

12-09-2016, 22:51

Manuel wrote:

There are hardly any msx2 machines with 3 cartridge slots, only the Sony HB-F500P comes to mind.

It's more easy to buy an expansor like this http://www.ebsoft.fr/shop/es/home/20-expander-4x-.html

صفحة 1/2
| 2