ZX Spectrum games ported to MSX...

صفحة 3/5
1 | 2 | | 4 | 5

بواسطة Ivan

Ascended (9201)

صورة Ivan

09-12-2019, 19:36

Manuel wrote:

Were there mostly MSX1 machines sold there?

That was certainly the case. We don't have sales figures but if we take into account all MSX computers sold here in Spain, probably around 75% of them were MSX1 machines (and the 25% remaining MSX2's). MSX2+ and MSXTurboR machines were marginal (only one importer sold them and they were very expensive).

Quote:

I heard that in the Netherlands, there were (in the end) many more MSX2 than MSX1 machines sold.

What amazes me the most about MSX in The Netherlands is the amount of local user groups that existed back then and how active they were. We didn't have such local users groups and meetings here when the MSX was commercially alive. Plus MC(C)M, fucking amazing that it made it into 1997!

بواسطة zPasi

Champion (495)

صورة zPasi

09-12-2019, 20:13

Ivan wrote:

What amazes me the most about MSX in The Netherlands is the amount of local user groups that existed back then and how active they were.

The home land of Philips, you know Smile

بواسطة friguron

Master (169)

صورة friguron

09-12-2019, 20:50

zPasi wrote:
Ivan wrote:

What amazes me the most about MSX in The Netherlands is the amount of local user groups that existed back then and how active they were.

The home land of Philips, you know Smile

Which, OTOH, it amazed me that many of their MSX-2 were just rebranded SANYO's (!!) , kind of WTF...

بواسطة zett

Hero (606)

صورة zett

10-12-2019, 08:25

friguron wrote:
zPasi wrote:
Ivan wrote:

What amazes me the most about MSX in The Netherlands is the amount of local user groups that existed back then and how active they were.

The home land of Philips, you know Smile

Which, OTOH, it amazed me that many of their MSX-2 were just rebranded S/ANYO's (!!) , kind of WTF...

Why make somthing yourself if someone is selling a good product you can use?
I think its a great way. and the philips msxen looked better Tongue

بواسطة Josevil

Master (187)

صورة Josevil

11-12-2019, 00:09

playing direct spectrum conversions in an msx reminds me especially when I play with a ps1 emulator and everything is very slow I know why I am missing a processor in my computer. In msx I also find it very funny is like if you use a kind of spectrum emulator a poorly performed msx or it may be very well done and it happens as in ps1 games that I lack more cpu speed to emulate it better

بواسطة ARTRAG

Enlighted (6455)

صورة ARTRAG

13-12-2019, 08:55

have you seen this
https://youtu.be/I6nPqgR0PK8

بواسطة zett

Hero (606)

صورة zett

13-12-2019, 09:36

ARTRAG wrote:

have you seen this
https://youtu.be/I6nPqgR0PK8

Yeah watched it some days ago so damn nice made so great gfx

بواسطة shram86

Expert (109)

صورة shram86

13-12-2019, 14:30

Wow, Valley of Rains is super impressive!

بواسطة tfh

Prophet (2472)

صورة tfh

13-12-2019, 15:26

Impressive GFX
Impressive ( . ) ( . )

بواسطة jltursan

Prophet (2344)

صورة jltursan

13-12-2019, 17:36

Hahaha, nice!, it makes me think about how these people laughs at the MSX blocky scroll but it drools over when a ZX game is launched with also the same character scroll. Sometimes color makes a difference...

Indeed very impressive, with such giant characters the character scroll is barely noticeable and the color use is very clever.

Anyway, the best is still Eugea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAWWoE6CgfE

صفحة 3/5
1 | 2 | | 4 | 5