MSX USB

صفحة 12/24
5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

بواسطة ducasp

Hero (550)

صورة ducasp

05-06-2020, 01:38

Amazing to see all this! Great, amazing work S0urceror!

بواسطة popolon_

Champion (262)

صورة popolon_

06-06-2020, 13:36

@S0urceror, in your discrete pcb, the 16 pin connector is 180 degrees wrong.

بواسطة lintweaker

Champion (434)

صورة lintweaker

06-06-2020, 15:44

popolon_ wrote:

@S0urceror, in your discrete pcb, the 16 pin connector is 180 degrees wrong.

The CH376S module has to be put upside done, USB connector facing downward. But that PCB is not yet finished and probably will not be finished.

بواسطة S0urceror

Master (204)

صورة S0urceror

06-06-2020, 15:58

As Lintweaker said you have to place the CH376s module with the header pins going from the bottom to the top.
I use the same trick on the CPLD version rev1 to reduce the thickness of the cartridge.

Recently the software got more attention but I intend to update the CPLD version to a rev.2 soon. This will solve some small issues and enable to change the IO address of the cartridge.

بواسطة popolon_

Champion (262)

صورة popolon_

11-06-2020, 21:27

@S0urceror, how is that cpld version EPM7064SLC44 programmed? I tried with quartus II 13.0.1 64-bit web-edition+cheap usb blaster (device is selected as usb-blaster, and mode is j-tag), but the writing fails.

بواسطة xavirompe

Resident (57)

صورة xavirompe

12-06-2020, 08:49

Hi,

Be careful with the CH376 modules, I found 2 diferent versions, check the picture to clarify the issue:

Hope it helps.

بواسطة lintweaker

Champion (434)

صورة lintweaker

12-06-2020, 09:29

popolon_ wrote:

@S0urceror, how is that cpld version EPM7064SLC44 programmed? I tried with quartus II 13.0.1 64-bit web-edition+cheap usb blaster (device is selected as usb-blaster, and mode is j-tag), but the writing fails.

I use Quartus II mostly on Linux but had to switch to Windows to be able to program the EMP7xxx series without issues.

بواسطة popolon_

Champion (262)

صورة popolon_

12-06-2020, 15:18

lintweaker wrote:
popolon_ wrote:

@S0urceror, how is that cpld version EPM7064SLC44 programmed? I tried with quartus II 13.0.1 64-bit web-edition+cheap usb blaster (device is selected as usb-blaster, and mode is j-tag), but the writing fails.

I use Quartus II mostly on Linux but had to switch to Windows to be able to program the EMP7xxx series without issues.

I use usb blaster in windows 7 64bit. Shuold there be 5v supplied separately to pcb when programming?

بواسطة lintweaker

Champion (434)

صورة lintweaker

12-06-2020, 17:36

popolon_ wrote:
lintweaker wrote:
popolon_ wrote:

@S0urceror, how is that cpld version EPM7064SLC44 programmed? I tried with quartus II 13.0.1 64-bit web-edition+cheap usb blaster (device is selected as usb-blaster, and mode is j-tag), but the writing fails.

I use Quartus II mostly on Linux but had to switch to Windows to be able to program the EMP7xxx series without issues.

I use usb blaster in windows 7 64bit. Shuold there be 5v supplied separately to pcb when programming?

Yes, you have to supply 5V. You can check to see if, without 5V, Quartus II is able to detect the CPLD.

بواسطة S0urceror

Master (204)

صورة S0urceror

12-06-2020, 18:52

You need to supply another 5v. For example on the CH376 connector. I also programmed when MSX is switched on. But I don’t think that is advisable ;-)

I use Quartus on Windows 10. First I select detect. If that doesn’t work check proper voltages.

صفحة 12/24
5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17