Angelic Warrior DEVA

Angelic Warrior DEVA

بواسطة hamlet بتاريخ 08-04-2020, 07:04
المناقشة: Software
اللغات:

The MSX2 game Angelic Warrior DEVA is a fast-paced action-RPG with Psycho World and Valis 2 reminisences and will be released just this year. It features quick parallax scrolling, 10 large environments to explore, colorful graphics, animated visual stages and a great soundtrack.

From Team DEVA, the creators of "Life on Mars", "Bombaman", and "Manbow 2", we got word that their long awaited MSX2 game "Angelic Warrior DEVA" is close to finished. They released a preview trailer video to prove just that. And it will be released this year. This game is a joint effort between several developers and all we can say is "BRING IT!".

This new game has the following specifications:

  • System: MSX2/2+/turbo R
  • Memory: 128 Kb minimum
  • Music: MSX Music and/or MSX Audio
  • Format: 2048Kb MegaROM with S-Ram

If you have any questions, please contact the team at: teamdevamsx@gmail.com

Relevant link: Angelic Warrior DEVA -teaser trailer video-

Media browser (4)

  • Angelic Warrior DEVA
  • Angelic Warrior DEVA
  • Angelic Warrior DEVA
  • Angelic Warrior DEVA

التعليقات (49)

بواسطة S0urceror

Master (133)

صورة S0urceror

08-04-2020, 08:02

I am blown away. Great graphics and sound track. When is it available and where?

بواسطة valkyre

Champion (443)

صورة valkyre

08-04-2020, 08:27

Wow, very impressive. Cant wait to own a copy. Well done team!

بواسطة Manuel

Ascended (16860)

صورة Manuel

08-04-2020, 08:41

As I said on Facebook: please reserve one for me!

بواسطة Meits

Scribe (5939)

صورة Meits

08-04-2020, 09:47

S0urceror wrote:

I am blown away. Great graphics and sound track. When is it available and where?

Quote:
  • Angelic Warrior DEVA will be released in 2020.

Hannibal

At the guys:
Wow. And for me as number one Moonblaster 1.4 fan: Extra wow. For it being used, and for it being used very very well.

بواسطة Sandy Brand

Master (190)

صورة Sandy Brand

08-04-2020, 09:55

Wow, that looks and sounds amazing!

بواسطة Thom

Hero (638)

صورة Thom

08-04-2020, 10:28

This game looks special. I'm impressed by the graphics (who has drawn the cut scenes?), the detailed animations and the music. I'm the 4th to say wow. It will be hard for future MSX2-games to reach this standard.

بواسطة RobertVroemisse

Paragon (1261)

صورة RobertVroemisse

08-04-2020, 10:53

Yep, all songs are composed in good old Moonblaster 1.4. I'm also a huge fanboy of this great program. The music does not use the sampleram of the Music module but instead I use channels 7,8 and 9 as percussion channels. This way you get some sort of FM-Pac+ sound with richer sounds and drums.

Here's an example.

بواسطة RobertVroemisse

Paragon (1261)

صورة RobertVroemisse

08-04-2020, 10:37

The cutscenes are all drawn by Kai magazine and some backgrounds and detailing were done by me. Oscar really did (and is still doing) a great job with this.

بواسطة Manuel

Ascended (16860)

صورة Manuel

08-04-2020, 11:05

RobertVroemisse: just wondering: would it have helped if Moonblaster would allow you to use the last 3 channels as drum channels, just like FM-PAC? (The MSX-AUDIO has it as well, but it's not exposed in MB...)

بواسطة ToriHino

Hero (561)

صورة ToriHino

08-04-2020, 11:06

Since you're not using the sample ram, any chance on supporting FM-Pac + OPL4 combination as well? I think this is become a more generic configuration in current days and its fully compatible with the FM part of the Music module.

بواسطة knm1983

Champion (496)

صورة knm1983

08-04-2020, 11:07

Great work , I can’t wait for a physical copy , incredible graphics musics and programación work.
Congratulations guys. Smile Smile

بواسطة RobertVroemisse

Paragon (1261)

صورة RobertVroemisse

08-04-2020, 11:18

Manuel wrote:

RobertVroemisse: just wondering: would it have helped if Moonblaster would allow you to use the last 3 channels as drum channels, just like FM-PAC? (The MSX-AUDIO has it as well, but it's not exposed in MB...)

Well, that would have helped ofcourse. With the method used now I have to input each drum twice. But most of the time drum patterns just repeat themselves so a simple copy/paste will do the trick.

بواسطة norakomi

Paragon (1084)

صورة norakomi

08-04-2020, 13:11

Quote:

Since you're not using the sample ram, any chance on supporting FM-Pac + OPL4 combination as well? I think this is become a more generic configuration in current days and its fully compatible with the FM part of the Music module.

Unfortunately a moonsound cartridge can not be used instead of a music module,
unless someone explains me how to do this ! If this is easy to implement, I can add the code to the game.

بواسطة ToriHino

Hero (561)

صورة ToriHino

08-04-2020, 14:52

norakomi wrote:
Quote:

Since you're not using the sample ram, any chance on supporting FM-Pac + OPL4 combination as well? I think this is become a more generic configuration in current days and its fully compatible with the FM part of the Music module.

Unfortunately a moonsound cartridge can not be used instead of a music module,
unless someone explains me how to do this ! If this is easy to implement, I can add the code to the game.

I think the only difference is the used I/O ports (i.e Music Module at 0xC0 / 0xC1 and Moonsound at ports 0xC4 / 0xC5).

بواسطة norakomi

Paragon (1084)

صورة norakomi

08-04-2020, 19:12

Quote:

I think the only difference is the used I/O ports (i.e Music Module at 0xC0 / 0xC1 and Moonsound at ports 0xC4 / 0xC5).

Gotcha... FM-Pac + OPL4 combination works, I tested it by force...
One thing I still need to do is detecting the moonsound.
Is there an easy way to do this ?

بواسطة PAC

Guardian (5810)

صورة PAC

08-04-2020, 19:30

Great feature! More users will enjoy the soundtrack as was designed. Wink

بواسطة ToriHino

Hero (561)

صورة ToriHino

08-04-2020, 19:39

norakomi wrote:

One thing I still need to do is detecting the moonsound.
Is there an easy way to do this ?

Just read port 0xC4. If it returns 0xFF you don't have a Moonsound.

بواسطة norakomi

Paragon (1084)

صورة norakomi

08-04-2020, 20:00

done. ty

بواسطة erpirao

Paragon (1070)

صورة erpirao

08-04-2020, 21:20

Maybe I ask for a lot, but would it not be better than if the opl4 detects all the music played by the opl4?
I think I remember that I had 16 FM channels at 2 op

بواسطة RobertVroemisse

Paragon (1261)

صورة RobertVroemisse

08-04-2020, 22:12

erpirao wrote:

Maybe I ask for a lot, but would it not be better than if the opl4 detects all the music played by the opl4?
I think I remember that I had 16 FM channels at 2 op

That would mean a total rework of the soundtrack. We're talking 30+ songs so I don't think that would happen. And the rich sounds come from the combination of FM Music and MSX Audio. When everything is played on OPL4, that effect is gone and the music would sound worse.

بواسطة erpirao

Paragon (1070)

صورة erpirao

08-04-2020, 22:32

RobertVroemisse wrote:
erpirao wrote:

Maybe I ask for a lot, but would it not be better than if the opl4 detects all the music played by the opl4?
I think I remember that I had 16 FM channels at 2 op

That would mean a total rework of the soundtrack. We're talking 30+ songs so I don't think that would happen. And the rich sounds come from the combination of FM Music and MSX Audio. When everything is played on OPL4, that effect is gone and the music would sound worse.

I figured it wouldn't be possible, but I had to try.
anyway the game and the BSO that we have heard is amazing.
I am looking forward to having it in my hands

بواسطة defdanny

Master (167)

صورة defdanny

08-04-2020, 22:49

OMG! Cool

بواسطة ToriHino

Hero (561)

صورة ToriHino

08-04-2020, 23:09

norakomi wrote:

done. ty

Great! Cool

بواسطة Manel46

Hero (591)

صورة Manel46

09-04-2020, 00:47

I have the opl4 Dal So Ri cartridge. Setting the microswitches properly, it works for msx audio.

بواسطة syn

Paragon (1970)

صورة syn

09-04-2020, 00:52

Ive played the game during nijmegen fair, its amazing.
However I dont like pressing up to jump.
Any chance you will support Joymega so you can use a button to jump?

Btw the music is amazing!

بواسطة black hawk

Expert (86)

صورة black hawk

09-04-2020, 01:12

Wow, this is a very professional game. Thank you and all the other MSX-Users to keep MSX alive. Nearly 30 Years ago we have seen the Turbo-R coming up as last MSX but until today this great System is still alive.

بواسطة max_iwamoto

Champion (487)

صورة max_iwamoto

09-04-2020, 05:40

Looks and sounds amazing. How can I reserve a copy?

بواسطة ToriHino

Hero (561)

صورة ToriHino

09-04-2020, 09:14

Manel46 wrote:

I have the opl4 Dal So Ri cartridge. Setting the microswitches properly, it works for msx audio.

I have it too, but with a very small change it now works for all Opl4 cartridges Smile

بواسطة norakomi

Paragon (1084)

صورة norakomi

09-04-2020, 10:12

syn wrote:

Any chance you will support Joymega so you can use a button to jump?

I will look into it. not promising anything !

بواسطة karloch

Prophet (2091)

صورة karloch

09-04-2020, 13:33

I though the game was V9990! Amazing graphics with just V9938!

بواسطة RobertVroemisse

Paragon (1261)

صورة RobertVroemisse

09-04-2020, 13:46

karloch wrote:

I though the game was V9990! Amazing graphics with just V9938!

No, the game is just a plain MSX2 game made in screen 4 with some sprite masking here and there.

بواسطة ray2day

Hero (538)

صورة ray2day

09-04-2020, 18:56

Please reserve one copy for me!

بواسطة Briqunullus

Master (147)

صورة Briqunullus

09-04-2020, 21:48

I'm speechless

بواسطة norakomi

Paragon (1084)

صورة norakomi

09-04-2020, 21:52

Quote:

Please reserve one copy for me!

Unfortunately the game is not quite finished yet and therefore, we haven't started the preorders.
When we start the preordering it will be announced on msx.org.

بواسطة mariocavalcanti

Expert (87)

صورة mariocavalcanti

10-04-2020, 11:21

Impressive. Very beautiful and I loved the sound effects. Boss theme is great.

بواسطة valkyre

Champion (443)

صورة valkyre

10-04-2020, 17:05

Love the music on the game selection screen.

بواسطة JGM

Resident (61)

صورة JGM

10-04-2020, 22:42

Wow, this is one of the most beautiful games ever for msx2 ... really impressive!

بواسطة Ivan

Ascended (9188)

صورة Ivan

11-04-2020, 17:55

I will order the game once it is finished and available. Looks awesome! Like if it were one of the latest releases from Kai Magazine! Smile

بواسطة Daemos

Paragon (1713)

صورة Daemos

11-04-2020, 23:30

Quote:

Ive played the game during nijmegen fair, its amazing.
However I dont like pressing up to jump.
Any chance you will support Joymega so you can use a button to jump?

Btw the music is amazing!

Done. Joymega support added. Wink

بواسطة syn

Paragon (1970)

صورة syn

13-04-2020, 19:08

awesome Big smile

بواسطة ren

Paragon (1495)

صورة ren

29-04-2020, 22:54

Impressive overall!

Although it's a preview, some well meant critical notes, don't let 'em discourage you: the Lord Aridam looks somewhat like a villain or vagrant (with bad teeth). (Perhaps there's a plot twist though... :-x)
@5:40 Koerma looks like's he's squinting (and perhaps his hair could be a bit more refined there). (Although, when one is really in your face it does look that way I suppose Smile) Sure got the girl(s) down Smile Liking the cinematic sequence!

Soundtrack is a joint effort by John & Robert right? Liking what I'm hearing, esp. VR BGM is legit!

On a side note, got a question for norakomi regarding Manbow 2 if I may, hope not to be a bother. I read here on the forums you allegedly found the Manbow 2 rom being available in the grey sector not to be an issue. There seem to be various versions of it floating around (according to openMSX db: 4 SCC flash cart versions, one marked 'v1.0', yet another named Manbow2_2... Is there a version available that could be called 'final' or 'original'? Cheers! Smile

Good luck (all) finishing the project!

بواسطة RobertVroemisse

Paragon (1261)

صورة RobertVroemisse

30-04-2020, 15:30

There will be some plot twists indeed but please don't tell anyone! Running Naked in a Field of Flowers

بواسطة norakomi

Paragon (1084)

صورة norakomi

02-05-2020, 13:39

Quote:

I read here on the forums you allegedly found the Manbow 2 rom being available in the grey sector not to be an issue. There seem to be various versions of it floating around (according to openMSX db: 4 SCC flash cart versions, one marked 'v1.0', yet another named Manbow2_2... Is there a version available that could be called 'final' or 'original'? Cheers!

Yeah the Manbow2 rom is free to download and share. About a 'final' version... I don't know which one is the final version.... Just try the version that you find online... If it works, it works...

بواسطة LaDolceDols

Rookie (24)

صورة LaDolceDols

12-05-2020, 21:02

@RobertVroemisse Looking great and progressing nicely dudeness Smile

بواسطة Randam

Paladin (994)

صورة Randam

13-05-2020, 13:36

This is looking so epic! Please take my money.

بواسطة norakomi

Paragon (1084)

صورة norakomi

15-05-2020, 12:44

Update:

We have finished the last part of the coding: Saving to flashrom now works!

We are now going to the last 2 steps of this project:
1) Playtesting. For the next month or so we will extensively test the game
2) Finishing the packaging

بواسطة journey

Champion (413)

صورة journey

17-05-2020, 08:48

C-A-N-'-T W-A-I-T !!!!

بواسطة SkyeWelse

Champion (471)

صورة SkyeWelse

07-06-2020, 07:40

This looks amazing! I can't wait to play it.

-SkyeWelse

بواسطة Pencioner

Scribe (1149)

صورة Pencioner

25-07-2020, 23:16