SCC don´t work in SCC Games.

Página 4/6
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6

Por mars2000you

Enlighted (5498)

Imagen del mars2000you

15-02-2014, 22:00

Paulo Volkova wrote:

Mars2000you.
The sha1 value is 1434386454c776800cba3805c4041b0105c2f71f.

Additionnal info for users of openMSX / pseudoMSX :

This rom (renamed NEMESCCP.ROM) can be loaded by creating a DSK file with the following files : MSXDOS.SYS - COMMAND.COM - ROMLOAD.COM - NEMESCCP.ROM - AUTOEXEC.BAT and by inserting a SCC-I cartridge in a slot

The AUTOEXEC.BAT file needs to contain this command :

romload /5 /s nemesccp.rom

Por Paulo Volkova

Expert (104)

Imagen del Paulo Volkova

17-02-2014, 06:47

It works, Mars2000you!

I tested with Nemesis (sha1: 1434386454c776800cba3805c4041b0105c2f71f) and Antarctic Adventure (sha1: e1c7169bd44a3c67f2941a14699b954d7e337d29).
I create a normal folder in desktop with the 5 files (MSXDOS.SYS, COMMAND.COM, ROMLOAD.COM, NEMESCCP.ROM, AUTOEXEC.BAT), and I loaded in OpenMSX with "DirAsDisk" mode, enabled extension: scc+.
Tested on machines: Gradiente Expert DDPlus (MSX1), Philips NMS 8255 (MSX2) and Panasonic FS-A1GT (MSX Turbo R).

Thank you very muck Mars2000you!

Por mars2000you

Enlighted (5498)

Imagen del mars2000you

17-02-2014, 11:47

There is always a solution, even when developers of emulators don't want to add direct support ! Wink

Por DaikuMaryuGaiking

Resident (59)

Imagen del DaikuMaryuGaiking

26-07-2019, 20:47

I'm trying the Nemesis scc.rom on OpenMSX 0.15, but doesn't work, while on BlueMSX it works.

WHY?

Por Manuel

Ascended (15696)

Imagen del Manuel

26-07-2019, 22:34

See page 1 of this thread: in short, these rom images are hacked and do not exist in real hardware; openMSX doesn't emulate fictional hardware. (You can't emulate what does not exist.)

Por tfh

Paragon (1796)

Imagen del tfh

26-07-2019, 23:38

Manuel wrote:

See page 1 of this thread: in short, these rom images are hacked and do not exist in real hardware; openMSX doesn't emulate fictional hardware. (You can't emulate what does not exist.)

This is quite relative.
Someone could burn an EPROM with this .ROM image and put it on a PCB with a SCC+ (and some extra logic of course) which would make it real hardware.

Por gdx

Prophet (2981)

Imagen del gdx

27-07-2019, 01:24

Quote:

I'm trying the Nemesis scc.rom on OpenMSX 0.15, but doesn't work, while on BlueMSX it works.
WHY?

Did you manually select the mapper type to Konami SCC?
There are many SCC ROMs created with the games from the disks "Konami Game Collection" that have been badly converted, and yet most of them work on several emulators when they should not.

Por Manuel

Ascended (15696)

Imagen del Manuel

09-08-2019, 21:48

tfh wrote:
Manuel wrote:

See page 1 of this thread: in short, these rom images are hacked and do not exist in real hardware; openMSX doesn't emulate fictional hardware. (You can't emulate what does not exist.)

This is quite relative.
Someone could burn an EPROM with this .ROM image and put it on a PCB with a SCC+ (and some extra logic of course) which would make it real hardware.

When someone would do that and give it a name, we could emulate it Smile But no one did, so it doesn't exist now. So we do not emulate it Smile

Por gdx

Prophet (2981)

Imagen del gdx

10-08-2019, 10:00

In fact, this hardware exists in real because we can load a SCC+ ROM in the Konami Sound Cartridge and run it as a ROM cartridge SCC+. And several emulators can also run directly these ROM files because it is more convenient. It's strange that OpenMSX can not do it.

In addition, "It doesn't exist in real hardware" is not a valid reason because in this case, why does not OpenMSX have not an interface adapted to the real hardware? The UI does not fit the cartridge slots of many emulated MSXs. Worse still, often we can not put the cartridge or the slot-expander of our choice in the slots corresponding to the real hardware. However cartridge slots are the basis of MSXs.

Por gdx

Prophet (2981)

Imagen del gdx

10-08-2019, 10:18

Paulo Volkova wrote:

I tested with Nemesis (sha1: 1434386454c776800cba3805c4041b0105c2f71f) and Antarctic Adventure (sha1: e1c7169bd44a3c67f2941a14699b954d7e337d29).

This version of Antarctic Adventure is a bad conversion. SCC sound doesn't work on real hardware.
I can put the list of all bad conversions if you want.

Página 4/6
1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6