Many Cartridge Images!

Página 1/2
| 2

Por gdx

Prophet (2869)

Imagen del gdx

11-07-2019, 15:20

This is many images of Arabic cartridges:

Rom Cartridges from Arabic Countries.zip

Login sesión o register para postear comentarios

Por tfh

Paragon (1746)

Imagen del tfh

11-07-2019, 16:03

gdx wrote:

This is many images of Arabic cartridges:

Rom Cartridges from Arabic Countries.zip

Most of these are available here:

https://www.file-hunter.com/Arabic/

I am still missig a few .rom files though. Do you own these cartridges, or did you find these pictures on the net? It might be worthwhile to check which of these cartridges are still M.I.A.

Por gdx

Prophet (2869)

Imagen del gdx

11-07-2019, 16:36

Almost all come from the net. Cartridges from Barq are best classified. I hope this can help improve Generation MSX.

Por rderooy

Hero (556)

Imagen del rderooy

11-07-2019, 17:10

I will try to find some time in the next few weeks to go through it.

Por tfh

Paragon (1746)

Imagen del tfh

11-07-2019, 17:20

rderooy wrote:

I will try to find some time in the next few weeks to go through it.

Cool. If you happen to run into .ROM files missing in my Arabic section, please do not hesitate to contact me so I can complete it.

Por rderooy

Hero (556)

Imagen del rderooy

12-07-2019, 19:53

I have gone through the "root" folder of the ZIP file, and synced it with GenMSX. Those were almost exclusively pirated games. Mainly by MegaCom from Taiwan.

Do you have any idea what this "Top Gun" game could be?

The sub folders are still to be checked.

Por gdx

Prophet (2869)

Imagen del gdx

13-07-2019, 10:38

MegaCom is not the name of the company but it means MegaRom.
I think these cartridges "made in Taiwan" are No Name (unbranded) that were sold in Arabic countries, in Korea and probably in few other countries in Asia.

Por gdx

Prophet (2869)

Imagen del gdx

13-07-2019, 11:50

OK, MegaCom was also a brand of Sperry Corporation.

http://www.dualcatchmon.com/info.html

Perhaps it's better to replace MegaCom by Sperry Corporation.

Quote:

SPERRY CORPORATION established in 1977 and has a long tradition as businessmen in Taiwan . With 40 years business experience as a holding company to control the following subsidiaries :

Such like Tele-communication, PC and video games products.
The company dealt with Sakhr - Al Alamiah in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait to support the famous student computer - MSX system . Oul products have also hit the store shelves in Jarir bookstore (the biggest 3C chain stores in Saudi). We have been doing business with many companies world wide for video game accessories up to now.

we are mainly in PS4/PS3/XBOX 360/XB1 parts and accessories. We process very professional know-how especially in controlling the quality of goods inspection.

In such long experience of consumer electronic, we provide total solution of ODM service. (including software, firmware, hardware layout, ID design , Mold and final production) and also offer sales service (including sales, shipping and warehousing)

There are many owned design products as well. EX : CronusMax and Dual Catchmon

We have our own brand - Megacom

Finally these cartridges are probably sold with autorization.

Por rderooy

Hero (556)

Imagen del rderooy

13-07-2019, 12:06

gdx wrote:

OK, MegaCom was also a brand of Sperry Corporation.

http://www.dualcatchmon.com/info.html

Perhaps it's better to replace MegaCom by Sperry Corporation.

Quote:

SPERRY CORPORATION established in 1977 and has a long tradition as businessmen in Taiwan . With 40 years business experience as a holding company to control the following subsidiaries :

Such like Tele-communication, PC and video games products.
The company dealt with Sakhr - Al Alamiah in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait to support the famous student computer - MSX system . Oul products have also hit the store shelves in Jarir bookstore (the biggest 3C chain stores in Saudi). We have been doing business with many companies world wide for video game accessories up to now.

we are mainly in PS4/PS3/XBOX 360/XB1 parts and accessories. We process very professional know-how especially in controlling the quality of goods inspection.

In such long experience of consumer electronic, we provide total solution of ODM service. (including software, firmware, hardware layout, ID design , Mold and final production) and also offer sales service (including sales, shipping and warehousing)

There are many owned design products as well. EX : CronusMax and Dual Catchmon

We have our own brand - Megacom

Finally these cartridges are probably sold with autorization.

Interesting find. However I'm pretty confident that they are unauthorized copies. There is no trace of the original company names and I'm fairly certain companies like Konami would not allow their games to be re-sold in such a manner.

Por gdx

Prophet (2869)

Imagen del gdx

13-07-2019, 15:22

I reclassified images from Arabic Countries and added few new, then added images from Argentina, Brazil, Thailand and Turkey.

https://mon-partage.fr/f/IIbLIMCH/

Por rderooy

Hero (556)

Imagen del rderooy

15-07-2019, 10:39

I have added the "Arabic" part of it to genmsx. Along with various cleanups and corrections. But I could use some help with a few titles. In particular if someone is able to read Arabic, as some of the images are too low quality (or have weird fonts) for Google Translate to recognise. And while I can usually figure it out for Japanese or Korean, I find Arabic, apart from the numbers 1, 2 and 3 much more difficult.

https://www.generation-msx.nl/software/al-alamiah/unknown/re...
https://www.generation-msx.nl/software/al-alamiah/unknown/re...
https://www.generation-msx.nl/software/barq/unknown/release/...
https://www.generation-msx.nl/software/unknown/top-gun/relea...

Página 1/2
| 2