The BIG MSXVR Q&A thread

Página 27/31
20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31

Por syn

Prophet (2065)

Imagen del syn

13-02-2021, 00:34

thanks for sharing!

https://youtu.be/S0NlrTfeZc8 thats a weird delay/echo.
This demo is kinda hard to emulate correctly from what i can tell.. see it as a benchmarking tool :D

Por Metalion

Paragon (1444)

Imagen del Metalion

31-03-2021, 08:49

It looks like mine is completed !!
Smile

Por Manuel

Ascended (18154)

Imagen del Manuel

31-03-2021, 09:03

syn wrote:

https://youtu.be/S0NlrTfeZc8 thats a weird delay/echo.
This demo is kinda hard to emulate correctly from what i can tell.. see it as a benchmarking tool :D

Also the PSG drums sound weird... or is that because of the delay/echo? Anyway, it's just a Moonblaster track, as far as I know, so nothing special.

Echo becomes really bad at 17:25... in the sample part.

Por AxelStone

Prophet (3050)

Imagen del AxelStone

31-03-2021, 09:08

What happens with SCC games? The sound is quite buggy, it seems like it has a big delay between SCC and PSG.

Por edoz

Prophet (2392)

Imagen del edoz

31-03-2021, 09:09

Yes, the sound is a bit odd indeed... is the machine based on OpenMSX? Or what kind of emulator is used? Or is this a different one?

Por Manuel

Ascended (18154)

Imagen del Manuel

31-03-2021, 09:24

Nothing of openMSX is used, because openMSX is only available under the GPLv2 license, which is incompatible with the MSXVR software license.

Por AxelStone

Prophet (3050)

Imagen del AxelStone

31-03-2021, 09:57

@edoz You are right, not only SCC, the sound, in general, is quite bad. That Unknown Reality sounds really bad, and even simple games like Valis 2 (the usual FM + PSG combo) sounds quite bad.

Manuel wrote:

Nothing of openMSX is used, because openMSX is only available under the GPLv2 license, which is incompatible with the MSXVR software license.

So basically and considering all the work already done in OpenMSX, OpenMSX is going to be always several steps ahead of VR emulation.

Por edoz

Prophet (2392)

Imagen del edoz

01-04-2021, 09:00

Quote:

So basically and considering all the work already done in OpenMSX, OpenMSX is going to be always several steps ahead of VR emulation.

Okay, to be honest i did not really look into the VR system. It looks like as a very nice device and seems like al lot of work was done to come so far like this. Only thing i do not understand, why did they not use openMSX and changed the license model? As that would give you just the best emulator? The VR system is a linux based system not? Like a PC?

Por raymond

Hero (537)

Imagen del raymond

01-04-2021, 09:23

edoz wrote:
Quote:

So basically and considering all the work already done in OpenMSX, OpenMSX is going to be always several steps ahead of VR emulation.

Okay, to be honest i did not really look into the VR system. It looks like as a very nice device and seems like al lot of work was done to come so far like this. Only thing i do not understand, why did they not use openMSX and changed the license model? As that would give you just the best emulator? The VR system is a linux based system not? Like a PC?

It is based on a Raspberry Pi 3, so yes it has Linux under the hood.

Por raymond

Hero (537)

Imagen del raymond

01-04-2021, 09:24

edoz wrote:

Yes, the sound is a bit odd indeed... is the machine based on OpenMSX? Or what kind of emulator is used? Or is this a different one?

Did anyone open a bug report for it? Surely they can fix this.

Página 27/31
20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31