SymbOS MSX multitasking operating system - help needed!

Page 320/397
313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325

By Trebmint2

Master (242)

Trebmint2's picture

18-02-2014, 00:52

Last video for a while on symstudio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_JiXsYWbAQ. Cant believe the 1st hasnt gone viral yet with atleast 22million views by now! Come on people I wanna beat Miley Cyrus, cos I was naked on a wrecking ball when I recorded it... though obviously its a screen cap so you dont see that... but even so

By Prodatron

Paragon (1804)

Prodatron's picture

18-02-2014, 01:00

Sorry for the delay with the graphics library.
At least it should be already clear how to use it:

;### GFXENC -> Changes the encoding of the graphic
;### Input      IX=graphic header, A=new encoding (0=CPC 4 colours, 1=MSX 4 colours)
;### Destroyed  ?
;### GFXPLT -> Paste graphic into another one
;### Input      IX=source graphic header, IY=destination graphic header, DE=xpos, HL=ypos, C=transparency colour (-1=no transparency)
;###            Source and destination graphics must be of same encoding type
;### Destroyed  ?
;### GFXFLL -> Fill graphic area
;### Input      IX=graphic header, DE=xpos, HL=ypos, BC=xlen, IY=ylen, C=colour
;### Destroyed  ?

Well, with these three routines you should already be able to do most stuff. Some more routines will follow, especially for doing fast pixel stuff, lines, circles etc, but this should be seperated a little bit.

By edoz

Prophet (2422)

edoz's picture

18-02-2014, 11:19

Hi Prodatron.. no sorry for delays Big smile It sounds already cool to use this function Big smile It think it will improve symbos a lot ! Because the things you can do with this component. There are a lot of possibilities with this!!!

By Trebmint2

Master (242)

Trebmint2's picture

18-02-2014, 12:05

Yes this will open things up potential wise, including games and apps that requires user graphics. Ideas that were dropped from symstudio will become necessary again, like the art room, level design, tile layout editor.

By Trebmint2

Master (242)

Trebmint2's picture

18-02-2014, 22:46

Would anyone even be interested in a game like this if it was made in symbos?

Check out a small demo for symbos http://www.dreaddonkey.com/symstudio/symdev1.dsk

By Prodatron

Paragon (1804)

Prodatron's picture

19-02-2014, 01:49

Monkey Island on the Z80... Wouldn't it be the first Scumm Engine -like implementation ever?
Anyway the screen and the animation looks fantastic! A little bit optimization on the graphics (256->16 colour conversion) I guess and... wow!

By edoz

Prophet (2422)

edoz's picture

19-02-2014, 09:38

Cool! I like the animations in your demo!! I'm very enthusiastic about this! In fact it doesn't matter what applications are build for symbos! any application is good! .. but this game sounds as a lot of fun! but many sheets Wink

yesterday I was thinking all about this.. it's really weird that we convert retro games, like tetris, pacman, and maybe chuckie egg for a retro platform Big smile haha .. isn't that hilarious ? as all those original games already exits on this retro computer Big smile Big smile

By Trebmint2

Master (242)

Trebmint2's picture

19-02-2014, 10:50

Yes edoz its a lot of sheets. The little animation demo above is just to show I guess that its possible to bring to life some of the games that actually dont exist on msx/cpc, even if they are cut down and remade slightly. There's little chance a scumm engine can be fully implemented... which means a "semi scumm engine" and a rewrite using some media of these types of graphical adventures. This is what symbos suits.... lots of data.... and making it easy to generate and use that data. Its all about the tools and interfaces that make seemingly massive projects viable given the fact we all have lives to live too.

I guess the issue is do people want this sort of thing so that it is worth putting the effort in

Actually monkey island is purely 16bit game, so having an 8bit version isnt as retro as it sounds. To not be retro we'd have to think GTAV or something Smile

By Manuel

Ascended (18401)

Manuel's picture

19-02-2014, 15:26

Hah, I've always thought one day one would port the SCUMMVM engine to MSX Smile

By edoz

Prophet (2422)

edoz's picture

19-02-2014, 16:53

Never heard about SCUMMVM, but it seems it's a default one.
Link

Page 320/397
313 | 314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319 | | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325