SymbOS MSX multitasking operating system - help needed!

Page 331/397
324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336

By Prodatron

Paragon (1803)

Prodatron's picture

13-06-2014, 07:58

@Flyguille: Thank you Smile SymbOS is written in Z80 assembler only (I have never coded in C on an 8bit machine). IIRC WiOS was coded in C.

@Dhampird: Ok, I see, that's the MMC/SD card interface created by Sharksym. He wrote a driver for SymbOS in 2007. Unfortunately I had to change the driver structure a little bit after releasing SymbOS 2.0. I guess –FDMMCSD.DRV will not work anymore. Is the size of your version still 460 bytes?
Don't know if Sharksym is still active regarding this. I could try to disassemble his driver and update it to the new structure to get it running again. Let's see, what we can do here... In any case I will modify the setup tool for handling additional drivers and discarding wrongly detected devices.

The GFX9000 version is faster than the standard MSX version due to the higher speed of the V9990. It also supports resolutions of up to 1024x212 pixel and the same "virtual" resolutions for the other lower modes (the desktop will scroll if you move the mouse outside the visible area).

By Dhampird

Hero (585)

Dhampird's picture

13-06-2014, 13:31

Thanks a lot Prodatron for help and info, i get the –FDMMCSD.DRV from Sinfox Files, here is: https://mega.co.nz/#!wox1gAjZ!FoQZzWzqv9yi392Su3GbIDdWinBze-D4_np6ArLWoeo for if you can try disassemble it. Regards.

By Prodatron

Paragon (1803)

Prodatron's picture

13-06-2014, 22:19

Wow that's a different one! (bigger size) But still old version. Ok, will take this for a remake, thank you!

By joseman

Supporter (1)

joseman's picture

21-06-2014, 17:00

Hi

Trebmint2

When will be released "The Unify Editor & Unify"?

I want to give it a try (CPC user here Wink).

By Trebmint2

Master (242)

Trebmint2's picture

22-06-2014, 13:51

Hey joseman. The time frame keeps drifting back and back unfortunately so a realistic time would be september. I finally decided that I had to redesign the old symstudio user interface as its wasnt fit for purpose with where I want to take Unify.

Obviously the last release of symstudio from 2-3 months back is still available, and working well enough that edoz was able to develop several games for symbos.

By edoz

Prophet (2418)

edoz's picture

27-08-2014, 17:56

Hi All!,

Just want to show you some movie Big smile

Video

Real- multitasking .. (not only from a Z80 point of view .. but also for a human :D)

By Prodatron

Paragon (1803)

Prodatron's picture

27-08-2014, 18:12

Great video! Tongue Yours and Trebmints SymStudio applications can fill whole screens now with animated games Running Naked in a Field of Flowers

...and yes, great config, too! Smile
(was the DenYoNet card placed in the scene in this way a broad hint? Wink )

By giuseve

Paladin (744)

giuseve's picture

27-08-2014, 18:59

Hi Prodatron!

I've just tried your last version of Symbos on MegaflashRomSCC+SD.
GREAT !!!

Now some questions:
1) When did you plan the next release?
2) Would all this nice software (xpecially works by Edoz) available as download in the next version?
3) did you plan to make a soft installation (a package with the essentials) and a full installation (with all apps available included?)
4) The last but not the least: it's not so easy to find a cheap mouse for real MSX. Could you add the support for mouse emulation? I think about the arrow keys for movement, SHIFT+ARROW to increase speed of movement, SPACE as click.

Regards

By edoz

Prophet (2418)

edoz's picture

28-08-2014, 08:49

Prodatron wrote:

Great video! Tongue Yours and Trebmints SymStudio applications can fill whole screens now with animated games Running Naked in a Field of Flowers

...and yes, great config, too! Smile
(was the DenYoNet card placed in the scene in this way a broad hint? Wink )

Hahaha! Yes a hint Big smile Big smile like this:

:hannibal: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF:

:RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF: :RNFF:

By Prodatron

Paragon (1803)

Prodatron's picture

28-08-2014, 09:58

giuseve wrote:

1) When did you plan the next release?
2) Would all this nice software (xpecially works by Edoz) available as download in the next version?
3) did you plan to make a soft installation (a package with the essentials) and a full installation (with all apps available included?)
4) The last but not the least: it's not so easy to find a cheap mouse for real MSX. Could you add the support for mouse emulation? I think about the arrow keys for movement, SHIFT+ARROW to increase speed of movement, SPACE as click.

Hi Giuseve,
1.) the release of the final 2.1 is planned for this weekend
2.) yes, I will put it all on the website into the download area
3.) the installer is only setting up the OS itself and the system applications; currently all additional apps have to be copied (and linked) manually; I am planning a real app installer for the next major version
4.) that's already possible Smile Press GRAPH + cursor keys/space to emulate the mouse with the keyboard

Page 331/397
324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336