SymbOS MSX multitasking operating system - help needed!

Page 332/397
325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337

By edoz

Prophet (2422)

edoz's picture

28-08-2014, 15:39

I think Giusev means to speedup the arrow a bit when using the keyboard. (if you don't have a mouse)

Giuseve: Maybe it's better to but a mouse for the MSX. You could ask RepairBas (kornalijnslijper (AT) quicknet.nl)
Maybe there are some in stock...

You can also use a normal PS/2 or USB mouse (also optical) for the MSX !!
See Link

I use this solution also and I have to say it works very well! (better than a normal MSX mouse)
Video1
Video 2

By giuseve

Paladin (744)

giuseve's picture

29-08-2014, 12:56

Niceone.
Luppie tried to send me one but courier maybe lost it.

I can try to do it by myself.
Have you got a wiki with:
- needed hardware with "where-to-buy" links
- needed software with "where-to-download"
- Procedure with images

or something like this?

Regards

By Prodatron

Paragon (1804)

Prodatron's picture

30-08-2014, 18:34

SymbOS 2.0 was released at the 30.8.2007.
Today we have the 30.8.2014.
7 years later. A good opportunity...

SYMBOS 2.1 final is relased

Check here:
http://www.symbos.de/download.htm
and here:
http://www.symbos.de/whatsnew.htm

Thanks a lot to Trebmint, Edoz, NYYRIKKI and the MSX community for your support, help and motivation. Hope the next versions won't take such a long time ;)

By PingPong

Prophet (3839)

PingPong's picture

30-08-2014, 18:58

Happy birthday simbos, now it's time to go to elementary school ... ;-)

By karloch

Prophet (2156)

karloch's picture

30-08-2014, 19:21

Downloading NOW!!!! Big smile Thanks so much Podatron Smile

By edoz

Prophet (2422)

edoz's picture

30-08-2014, 23:02

I think this is the most stable version ever! You accomplished something so ordinary unique for the Z80! the MSX and CPC community! I'm so enthusiastic about all of this!! The installation is an huge step forward for those that had any problems installing it in the past. The cool thing is that we can build our own applications for SymbOS where both communities have benefit. I was totally surprised when I saw Tetris running on a CPC (That was amazing, it was just working!) The other cool thing is: there are so many possibilities still there! Like network support.. than we can build multiplayer games, or a nice chat program etc. or what ever!!! .. I also love the new Fonts from Trebmint .. with that font everything looks so smooth...

Running Naked in a Field of Flowers Running Naked in a Field of Flowers Running Naked in a Field of Flowers Running Naked in a Field of Flowers Running Naked in a Field of Flowers Running Naked in a Field of Flowers Running Naked in a Field of Flowers Running Naked in a Field of Flowers Running Naked in a Field of Flowers Running Naked in a Field of Flowers Running Naked in a Field of Flowers

By karloch

Prophet (2156)

karloch's picture

31-08-2014, 13:02

Uhm... although I can sucessfully boot SYMBOS, it looks like it is not working with my MegaFlash SCC+ SD device. After showing up the desktop, whatever I click I get:

Quote:

Error while loading: A disc error occured during the loading process (error code 06)

I have:

• A MegaFlash SCC+ SD in slot 1, DenyoNet in slot 2
  • Nextor 2.0.3
  • SymbOS is installed in drive A (FAT16, 2GB), SD card in slot 1 according to the BIOS (MegaFlash bios names the SD slots 1 and 2)
  • If I choose slot 0 for the card, error code is 06, while if I choose slot 1 error code is 02.

What could be happening? Maybe it has something to do with the boot drive being FAT16 instead of FAT12?

By edoz

Prophet (2422)

edoz's picture

31-08-2014, 13:54

Is there only one partition ? And was the partition created with the fdisk program in basic ? As in there was a bug with soms of the first version of fdisk. What slot was detected during setup ? As normaly the sd controller in a subslot as the megaflash is working like a subslot. Are there more partitions on the sd ? Which one did you choose ? What is your msx model ? Was there also a floppy detected ? How much internal memory do you have ? And is this memory in a slot ?

Thanks.

By karloch

Prophet (2156)

karloch's picture

31-08-2014, 14:17

• Detected slot: 1-3 (that's correct)
  • There are two partitions in the SD: partition 1 (boot) FAT16, 2 GB and partition 2 FAT16, 4 GB.
  • SymbOS is installed in partition 1 drive letter A.
  • MSX model is Panasonic FS-A1 GT
  • Yes, floppy was detected. I tried setting up both and just the Megaflash with same result.
  • Internal memory: 512 KB
  • Yes, the Megaflash is the version with 512 KB memory expansion, that sums 1024 KB total USER RAM in the MSX. However, I also tried disabling it with same result in SymbOS.

By Prodatron

Paragon (1804)

Prodatron's picture

31-08-2014, 15:14

Strange problem. Can you install SymbOS first on floppy disc? (you can install it on the same disc like the SYMSETUP.* files, if you delete command.com and msxdos.sys it will fit) You will have to specify the Toshiba FDC, floppy drive A as the boot drive.

Then after booting SymbOS it should compleley work and load everything from the floppy disc. Now you can start the control panel, go to "mass storage", add a new drive and try different settings with the MegaSD (partitions and slots). Press "Apply" to test, if the setting is correct...

Page 332/397
325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337