SymbOS MSX multitasking operating system - help needed!

Page 361/394
354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366

By Trebmint2

Master (213)

Trebmint2's picture

03-06-2015, 09:04

SymStudio is now called Unify. There will be a release around the end of June, about the same time as the 3.0 beta and network daemon. Unify will then be available on the symbos website, and there will be a forum too, plus youtube vids for tutorials.

Lots of effort is going into getting the language and editor right, meaning that its easy to use, fully stable and documented. Edo is currently writing a number of unify apps, and we are debugging and adding features as we go. Not long now

By kerunaru

Supporter (4)

kerunaru's picture

03-06-2015, 11:04

I really would like to see a music tracker for SymbOS… Just saying! Tongue

By DerZocker

Resident (49)

DerZocker's picture

03-06-2015, 12:00

Ah, good to know. Cause I'd love to create by own desktop bg for SymbOS once my MFR+SD arrives^^

By NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5425)

NYYRIKKI's picture

03-06-2015, 12:48

@DerZocker: If you want to take a head start, you can use for example BMP2MSX with this pallette file and convert the picture to SymbOS using this MSX-DOS program.

By Prodatron

Paragon (1788)

Prodatron's picture

03-06-2015, 13:39

Manuel wrote:

Prodatron: sounds a bit like the nagle algorithm...

Yes, something like this. But it seems, that the nagle algorithm is working on your own side. In my case it seems, that packages from the server on the other side are hanging, and these are always larger. When watching ASCII Star Wars my side isn't sending anything but only receiving. I have the same problem with Konamimans software as well, so it seems to be DenYoNet related and/or related to my home network/router.

By karloch

Prophet (2067)

karloch's picture

03-06-2015, 13:43

Amazing screenshot showing the netstat! Great work Prodatron! Would it be possible to have a PING as well? Do the network daemon respond to incoming ICMP echo requests?

By edoz

Prophet (2193)

edoz's picture

03-06-2015, 14:54

I post this news item here:

The multitasking operating system SymbOS just got even more interesting with the release of a Sega Columns remake created by Edoz. Sega Columns is created with the Unify IDE which will be released later this month as a public beta release together with a SymbOS 3.0 beta.

The new beta release of SymbOS will have a network stack onboard and some other nice new features! Because of the upcoming network support in SymbOS the next game project is already started / in development! It’s called “Battle Ship!” The famous classic game comes to SymbOS where there is a possibility to play with other players using the new network daemon for SymbOS. Currently Prodatron is working on the network daemon where Trebmint is developing the network support in Unify and Edoz is putting it together in the form of Battle Ship in Unify. It is really a team that works together on all different levels, low-level, middle-level and development in Unify.

For now we hope that you enjoy this remake of Sega Columns which can be downloadedHERE or HERE

and the preview screenshot for battle Ship:

By iamweasel2

Hero (533)

iamweasel2's picture

03-06-2015, 15:39

This is amazing ! SymbOS is getting better and better! And with a great IDE and some games/apps, things people said were impossible to do in a MSX are now real ! Smile I hope we can see in the future a network Dominoes game so 4 people (teams of two) can play against each other in SymbOS. I look forward to beat some of you guys in dominoes. Tongue

PS: Other games with network support, like Checkers or Chess are also welcome. Smile

By iamweasel2

Hero (533)

iamweasel2's picture

03-06-2015, 16:22

There are of course other games that are not difficult to code (and not heavy to run under SymbOS), but it would be cool to play in network mode. Pong is another one. Smile

By Prodatron

Paragon (1788)

Prodatron's picture

03-06-2015, 18:56

Would be cool to have such a bunch of (simple) network games and an app which shows, who is currently online and available for playing one of these games Tongue

Page 361/394
354 | 355 | 356 | 357 | 358 | 359 | 360 | | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366