SymbOS MSX multitasking operating system - help needed!

Page 370/392
363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375

By Manuel

Ascended (15543)

Manuel's picture

12-09-2015, 23:11

flyguille: I think he meant the protocol of the other chat thing that Edoz was talking about. Not IRC.

By flyguille

Prophet (3029)

flyguille's picture

12-09-2015, 23:44

Manuel wrote:

flyguille: I think he meant the protocol of the other chat thing that Edoz was talking about. Not IRC.

oh, he reinvented the wheel?.

By edoz

Prophet (2159)

edoz's picture

13-09-2015, 16:53

Yes and no Wink

Yes:

I created a chat program based on my own protocol. I thought IRC was to complex but now i know indeed that it is very simple. So my chat program is based on a very simple protocol. Directly after connecting, first thing you send is your nickname ended with a pipeline. Every next transmit until a chr(10) chr(13) is a new text line. That is all. Nothing special and with less overhead. You nickname is stored in memory on the server together with your socket information and as long you are connected the server will broadcast all information to the connected sockets. Once you leave the socket, it will be removed from the array on the server. It is simple but effective.

No:

Once i was done with the server and client part for the MSX i was indeed reading this RFC 2812 and found out that it was in fact very simple. So i started the IRC chat client for MSX. There is a lot of overhead when connecting to a IRC server and it seems that i found a problem in Unify which need to be fixed. The buffer data is not correctly processed by that. So when Trebmint have the time to fix that i could finish the IRC client very soon i think.

By flyguille

Prophet (3029)

flyguille's picture

13-09-2015, 23:28

edoz wrote:

Yes and no Wink

Yes:

I created a chat program based on my own protocol. I thought IRC was to complex but now i know indeed that it is very simple. So my chat program is based on a very simple protocol. Directly after connecting, first thing you send is your nickname ended with a pipeline. Every next transmit until a chr(10) chr(13) is a new text line. That is all. Nothing special and with less overhead. You nickname is stored in memory on the server together with your socket information and as long you are connected the server will broadcast all information to the connected sockets. Once you leave the socket, it will be removed from the array on the server. It is simple but effective.

No:

Once i was done with the server and client part for the MSX i was indeed reading this RFC 2812 and found out that it was in fact very simple. So i started the IRC chat client for MSX. There is a lot of overhead when connecting to a IRC server and it seems that i found a problem in Unify which need to be fixed. The buffer data is not correctly processed by that. So when Trebmint have the time to fix that i could finish the IRC client very soon i think.

first, CRCL is chr 13 + chr 10, not in reverse.

second, there is some handshake when loging into the IRC server, but it is very minimal.

third, yes, it is so simple, I used to program that protocol for programming a share bot in VB5.

By jay.jay.coby

Supporter (8)

jay.jay.coby's picture

17-09-2015, 04:53

Hi Prodatron!
Thanks and congrats for your efforts.
Support of ethernet in SymbOS it's amazing but sadly the ObsoNet isn't supported yet. There are a lot of people who own ObsoNet2.
Sure that it isn't possible to provide support for ObsoNet in SymbOS?
Or it's a matter of time to some issues be resolved or a workaround be possible?
Wait for your answer to this question.

By edoz

Prophet (2159)

edoz's picture

17-09-2015, 09:46

jay.jay.coby wrote:

Hi Prodatron!
Thanks and congrats for your efforts.
Support of ethernet in SymbOS it's amazing but sadly the ObsoNet isn't supported yet. There are a lot of people who own ObsoNet2.
Sure that it isn't possible to provide support for ObsoNet in SymbOS?
Or it's a matter of time to some issues be resolved or a workaround be possible?
Wait for your answer to this question.

I think the problem is that the ObsoNet does not have his own IP stack onboard. So it would be possible but a lot of work i think to make this happen. Maybe it is better to focus on the GR8NET then on the old Obsonet ?

By Robby

Master (165)

Robby's picture

17-09-2015, 11:03

Isn't it possible to implement internestor lite into Symbos? Or am i saying something weird now?

RJ.

By Prodatron

Paragon (1788)

Prodatron's picture

17-09-2015, 16:13

I am very interested in Obsonet support, as a lot of people seem to own it (more than DenYoNet?).
Btw, what is the difference between Obsonet and Obsonet2? Does BlueMSX contain Obsonet or Obsonet2 emulation?
Like EdoZ said, it is probably much more complicated, but it should be only a question of some additional work. Because of the multitasking environment and the IPC/message-based API the Network Daemon itself is structured in a different way compared to Internestor. Some basic source codes could probably be used anyway.

By edoz

Prophet (2159)

edoz's picture

17-09-2015, 18:08

I was just testing the GFX9000 version with the advanced desktop and then i realized that SymbOS is crazy..

I'm using all the hardware i got and AT the same TIME !!! .. crazy ...

the sunrise IDE to do the IO, the MP3 player to play music, the network adapter to chat, and all is displayed by the GFX9000.. in my other slot there is a memory expander (1024) so fully plugged in :D

By Grauw

Ascended (8203)

Grauw's picture

17-09-2015, 18:19

Impressive Smile

Page 370/392
363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375