SymbOS MSX multitasking operating system - help needed!

Page 384/389
377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389

By edoz

Paragon (1969)

edoz's picture

26-09-2016, 23:06

Good idea. I will change the name. In the past I just converted that picture .. As I'm not so familiar with IRC I thought it was just the client. Maybe I just rename it to simple IRC client Wink

By edoz

Paragon (1969)

edoz's picture

07-10-2016, 12:17

Hi All!
Last week, thanks to Trebmint and Prodatron i was able to test and make a first version of the IRC client for SymbOS. I named it SymIRC Big smile Thanks for the hint Manuel Big smile

There are still some issues left.. like handling long strings, displaying all the users in a listbox etc.
I will try to fix those things in the near future. But the basics are done. So you can chat and join channels en leave them.

So I'm now at a point where i hope others will test it as well. So i can try to fix new problems.

At this point it is already very stable for a z80. Currently i support 3 channel tabs at the same time. Next to that you can receive private messages and send them back. Maybe i will add dynamic tabs as well in the future so you could even follow more channels at the same time. For now.. if you want more ... you could start the application multiple times until you out of free sockets Wink You could do this also when you want to connect to multiple servers at the same time! "as a work around Big smile" Luckly SymbOS is multitasking Wink

See the images i took today:

Also on the CPC we did some tests this week ... and it works!

See some PICS from Prodatron here.

Ok! I hope you see the fun of it and hope for some feedback on this.
(SymbOS supports the GR8NET and Denyonet. So you need that as well.)

You can download SymICR here: SymbOS SymIRC download LINK

By libero

Rookie (20)

libero's picture

07-10-2016, 09:11

Great work!
Maybe it's time to buy a GR8NET Smile

By edoz

Paragon (1969)

edoz's picture

07-10-2016, 23:32

Sorry. The link in the previous post to the application is removed.

See here the link of all (last) applications which i build for SymbOS

Edoz Appstore

By edoz

Paragon (1969)

edoz's picture

12-10-2016, 20:54

And any bug reports? For SymIRC?

By -Neo-

Champion (340)

-Neo-'s picture

13-10-2016, 00:04

Works great Edoz! Thanks. No bug yet.

Another idea I have for SymbOS: As there is a driver for the GR8NET, wouldn't it be possible to run ROM's and DSK's from SymbOS through a GUI launcher? Music players would also be nice (MBM, MWM for example).

By edoz

Paragon (1969)

edoz's picture

27-10-2016, 13:27

-Neo- wrote:

Works great Edoz! Thanks. No bug yet.

Another idea I have for SymbOS: As there is a driver for the GR8NET, wouldn't it be possible to run ROM's and DSK's from SymbOS through a GUI launcher? Music players would also be nice (MBM, MWM for example).

Loading MSX games from ROM is a question which is asked a lot. I could try to make a launcher but than i need some help with the ML part. I also started a launcher for SEGA games (for the PlaySoniq) (The GUI is done) but as I'm not familiar with ML it would be nice that someone could help me with that part. About sound.. yes it would be nice to have sound support in SymbOS as well. There for we need a "sound services" which can handle different soundchips.

By -Neo-

Champion (340)

-Neo-'s picture

27-10-2016, 18:39

@Edoz
Would help you if I could but lack the knowledge. I hope sound, Playsonic launching and ROM launching will come some day.

In the mean time I am also playing with SymbIRC. Would be nice if you implemented CTCP some day. At least CTCP VERSION so you can see its a client on a MSX Smile You already have the OS, Hardware etc. Info in SymbOS and than include the SymbIRC and version number with that information. Would be even a bit more fun Smile

By Robby

Expert (125)

Robby's picture

30-10-2016, 10:06

Hi Prodatron / Edoz,
I've tried te reach you by email several times, but no response. It's about the status of an atapi driver.
Could you please give a look? Smile

By edoz

Paragon (1969)

edoz's picture

08-12-2016, 14:13

-Neo- wrote:

@Edoz
Would help you if I could but lack the knowledge. I hope sound, Playsonic launching and ROM launching will come some day.

In the mean time I am also playing with SymbIRC. Would be nice if you implemented CTCP some day. At least CTCP VERSION so you can see its a client on a MSX Smile You already have the OS, Hardware etc. Info in SymbOS and than include the SymbIRC and version number with that information. Would be even a bit more fun Smile

CTCP for information is now supported as well.

Page 384/389
377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389
My MSX profile