SymbOS MSX multitasking operating system - help needed!

Page 391/391
384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 |

By edoz

Prophet (2091)

edoz's picture

09-09-2018, 18:31

The Next would be cool! I still wait for the hardware Big smile Big smile

By Trebmint2

Master (208)

Trebmint2's picture

21-09-2018, 20:30

Finally here is Quigs Pre-Alpha download

Heres a quick video video

Many many years after the limited release of SymStudio, the successor Quigs is now in Pre-Alpha for testing for those that want to see what can be done with Symbos.

There are some known issues, and many more improvements and fixes will come over the next few days/weeks/months. Download and unzip the directory. Running Quigs116.exe should put you in the Editor. You might need to change the settings to point to a suitable directory for Symbos.
I have a partition f:\symbos where all my symbos apps are ready to run, so please alter each tutorials setting to compile to the place suitable for symbos.

I'm sure this is all very unclear so please ask questions for those of you who interested to try.

By Robby

Master (141)

Robby's picture

22-09-2018, 14:07

Nice! Smile

RJ.

By AxelStone

Prophet (2640)

AxelStone's picture

07-10-2018, 11:17

Good day guys, most probably it has already answered but I can't search in a 391 pages topic ^_^!. I'm getting into troubles to install SymbOS 3.0 on MFR SCC+ 2 SD. Once it's installed I get "Error 33" every time I try to list a directory, so nothing works.

I'm using a 1Gb SD card inserted in slot 2 (althought I've tried in slot 1 with same result). The card is mapped as C: and I can get perfectly it's contents using Nextor / Multimente, so I assume that it must be a problem with SymbOS driver. When installing, these are the detected / used parameters:

• Driver: MegaSD
  • Installacion: c:\Symbos
  • SD Slot: 2
  • Partition: Partition 1 (Primary Nextor : A)

It boots but no direct access is available. When performs Run -> Browse, SD is listed and sometimes I can enter a folder, but usually I get "Error 33".

Any help should be apreciated oO

By edoz

Prophet (2091)

edoz's picture

16-10-2018, 16:49

AxelStone wrote:

Good day guys, most probably it has already answered but I can't search in a 391 pages topic ^_^!. I'm getting into troubles to install SymbOS 3.0 on MFR SCC+ 2 SD. Once it's installed I get "Error 33" every time I try to list a directory, so nothing works.

I'm using a 1Gb SD card inserted in slot 2 (althought I've tried in slot 1 with same result). The card is mapped as C: and I can get perfectly it's contents using Nextor / Multimente, so I assume that it must be a problem with SymbOS driver. When installing, these are the detected / used parameters:

• Driver: MegaSD
  • Installacion: c:\Symbos
  • SD Slot: 2
  • Partition: Partition 1 (Primary Nextor : A)

It boots but no direct access is available. When performs Run -> Browse, SD is listed and sometimes I can enter a folder, but usually I get "Error 33".

Any help should be apreciated oO

Question:

In the past there was a known bug in Nextor regarding partition sizes using the internal FDISK tool in nextor. Did you use that in the past? Does this occur for every SD you use? Can you create a new partition on a TEST SD using a PC and test if this is working?

By AxelStone

Prophet (2640)

AxelStone's picture

17-10-2018, 13:31

Hi @edoz, tested with different SDs (<=2Gb) with same result, Error 33. All these SDs are correctly listed under Nextor / Multimente, so the driver that is failing must be SymbOS. Take in consideration that SymbOS don't use any lib or driver from DOS, it's an OS itself so it provides its own libs.

By edoz

Prophet (2091)

edoz's picture

17-10-2018, 14:41

thanks for the update. Did you use the nextor fisk to create those?

By AxelStone

Prophet (2640)

AxelStone's picture

20-10-2018, 21:52

Solved, I'll explain the problem if anyone faces the same one: the problem was the SD format. If the SD is formated with PC, even using SD Formatter, SymbOS will not detect it correctly. I've partitioned SD using MSX Fdisk utility from Nextor and now it works like a charm.

By edoz

Prophet (2091)

edoz's picture

08-11-2018, 20:27

Good! Thanks for the feedback!

Page 391/391
384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 |
My MSX profile