SymbOS MSX multitasking operating system - help needed!

Page 394/396
387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | | 395 | 396

By bifo

Supporter (5)

bifo's picture

08-11-2019, 16:28

Is there any possibility of a port to the N8 homebrew computer?

https://retrobrewcomputers.org/doku.php?id=boards:sbc:n8:n8

It's nearly MSX compatible as is and can boot C-BIOS and run things, the primary point of incompatibility is the PS2 keyboard. It may be as simple as adding a PS2 keyboard driver.

By PingPong

Prophet (3758)

PingPong's picture

08-11-2019, 17:47

Symbos run on a V9938 vdp. The msx2 vdp, more advances than tms one

By

Ambassador (0)

Anonymous's picture

16-06-2020, 21:30

I've just uploaded a WIP video to Youtube of the latest in the Quigs... Now supporting the G9K, GFX9000 or vdp9990 or whatever you want to call it. Now the G9K is available for Amstrad CPC & Enterprise it makes sense that the cross platform Symbos dev IDE Quigs can create full screen games for it.

Quig GFX9000 Demo

Skip to the near end for the GFX9000 demo.

Hopefully it means we can create top quality games within an IDE with tools, and use the qualities that Symbos gives us like Networking and large media.

Rob

By Manuel

Ascended (18133)

Manuel's picture

17-06-2020, 00:17

Very cool Rob! I really like the idea to use the G9K as the common high-end graphics card between all these SymbOS ports so stuff could be made for it making use of the OS and of course Quigs. Keep us posted with progress info!

By edoz

Prophet (2389)

edoz's picture

17-06-2020, 12:54

Rob, i am very impressed Wink

I captured other movie, using OpenMSX with different background .. it is so cool to have this new full-screen game mode function in Quigs .. I am so happy i can test it already Big smile
I love to make some kind of game for it! And yes... as SymbOS and Quigs supports network as well it gives us a lot of new possibilities as well for our beloved machines!

This is something i really love... If one person from MSX, CPC or Enterprise community decide to make a game for G9K in SymbOS it will benefit all supported z80 symbOS machines! This is the primary goal for SymbOS and now it really makes sense! Let's hope we can release SymbOS 3.1 Wink

Other Capture

By ducasp

Champion (460)

ducasp's picture

17-06-2020, 13:40

edoz wrote:

I captured other movie, using OpenMSX with different background .. it is so cool to have this new full-screen game mode function in Quigs .. I am so happy i can test it already Big smile
I love to make some kind of game for it! And yes... as SymbOS and Quigs supports network as well it gives us a lot of new possibilities as well for our beloved machines!

This is something i really love... If one person from MSX, CPC or Enterprise community decide to make a game for G9K in SymbOS it will benefit all supported z80 symbOS machines! This is the primary goal for SymbOS and now it really makes sense! Let's hope we can release SymbOS 3.1 Wink

Other Capture

@edoz

For quite a while I've been trying to get a response from Prodatron on an example or documentation on how to make a mod level driver for network daemon, as most know I've made all the implementation of the Wi-Fi network UNAPI driver for the SM-X as well as I've worked on tweaking a lot of the existing UNAPI applications as well made a few new ones, it seems you have access to Prodatron, so, if you could just give him a word that I'm interested in getting the SM-X network/WiFi features working on SymbOS, I'll be grateful. My email is easily found at https://github.com/ducasp/MSX-Development/blob/master/README.md

Thanks

By Manuel

Ascended (18133)

Manuel's picture

17-06-2020, 13:54

edoz wrote:

Other Capture

Next time, record with the -triplesize option. That gives a much better quality than the standard one.

By edoz

Prophet (2389)

edoz's picture

17-06-2020, 17:34

Manuel wrote:
edoz wrote:

Other Capture

Next time, record with the -triplesize option. That gives a much better quality than the standard one.

I have to find out how to use this option. It seems not part of the record command? Thanks for the hint ;)

By Grauw

Ascended (10062)

Grauw's picture

17-06-2020, 17:38

record start -triplesize

Because the resulting video is 720p Youtube considers it HD and applies much less compression, which results in a significantly sharper video with much less compression artifacts.

By edoz

Prophet (2389)

edoz's picture

17-06-2020, 17:57

ducasp][quote=edoz wrote:

@edoz

For quite a while I've been trying to get a response from Prodatron on an example or documentation on how to make a mod level driver for network daemon, as most know I've made all the implementation of the Wi-Fi network UNAPI driver for the SM-X as well as I've worked on tweaking a lot of the existing UNAPI applications as well made a few new ones, it seems you have access to Prodatron, so, if you could just give him a word that I'm interested in getting the SM-X network/WiFi features working on SymbOS, I'll be grateful. My email is easily found at https://github.com/ducasp/MSX-Development/blob/master/README.md

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that, but can't help it.. he is just a busy man .. I never heard about this network adapter, it seems interesting! Did you had a look to the ASM source code of the existing network drivers? Maybe that could help? They are open source and can be found here: Network source codes

Is your hardware based on the same hardware that is used for the CPC M4 network Wifi adapter? If so it would maybe more easy to port....Because that Wifi driver already exists for the CPC...

... Prodatron is currently focused on releasing 3.1 ... i think he want to finish that first before starting something new...

Page 394/396
387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | | 395 | 396