ArkosTracker MSX playroutine, SDCC as-z80 syntax

Page 2/4
1 | | 3 | 4

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5383)

JohnHassink's picture

20-10-2018, 15:45

MsxKun wrote:

Specific.... well, it needs support for 6/9 channel tracks on MSX too Smile Dual PSG... SCC+PSG...

Good news: VT II already supports 6 channels and TriloTracker was ofcourse created especially for SCC+PSG. Smile

By ericb59

Paladin (828)

ericb59's picture

20-10-2018, 16:27

OK ... So it's used.

Anybody tries the C, SDCC Player joined in the first post ?

I tried it but I only got a "Biiiiiiip" sound ...
But perhaps i'm not doing the right things.

So if you have any informations, how to use it, or if you know this C player works or not, give me information ... :-)

I supposed the right music file to use with the player is a .bin exported from Arkos Tracker v1 ?
Can you confirm that ?

By MsxKun

Paladin (892)

MsxKun's picture

20-10-2018, 21:12

JohnHassink wrote:
MsxKun wrote:

Specific.... well, it needs support for 6/9 channel tracks on MSX too Smile Dual PSG... SCC+PSG...

Good news: VT II already supports 6 channels and TriloTracker was ofcourse created especially for SCC+PSG. Smile

But VT II needs 2 instances of the executable to do that and doesn't have linux version (tho works under wine).
Trilo... is it already available? Smile

By MsxKun

Paladin (892)

MsxKun's picture

20-10-2018, 21:15

ericb59 wrote:

OK ... So it's used.

Anybody tries the C, SDCC Player joined in the first post ?

Nah, ASM just does the job and at the end is easier.

By yzi

Champion (441)

yzi's picture

20-10-2018, 22:40

Did you actually look at it?

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5383)

JohnHassink's picture

20-10-2018, 22:42

MsxKun wrote:

But VT II needs 2 instances of the executable to do that and doesn't have linux version (tho works under wine).

Hmm, I wish I knew how to solve that but it's not really my department. Smile

MsxKun wrote:

Trilo... is it already available? Smile

For sure:
http://trilobyte-msx.com/TriloTracker/index.php/Main_Page

The already released Who Dares Wins remake and the Ghosts 'n' Goblins port in development use TriloTracker for the music.

By MsxKun

Paladin (892)

MsxKun's picture

20-10-2018, 23:41

ericb59 wrote:

I supposed the right music file to use with the player is a .bin exported from Arkos Tracker v1 ?
Can you confirm that ?

Forgot this. Yes, bin works with the replayer.

By MsxKun

Paladin (892)

MsxKun's picture

20-10-2018, 23:43

JohnHassink wrote:
MsxKun wrote:

But VT II needs 2 instances of the executable to do that and doesn't have linux version (tho works under wine).

Hmm, I wish I knew how to solve that but it's not really my department. Smile

MsxKun wrote:

Trilo... is it already available? Smile

For sure:
http://trilobyte-msx.com/TriloTracker/index.php/Main_Page.

I always though it was still WIP.. or was that the FM version? Downloaded.

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5383)

JohnHassink's picture

21-10-2018, 05:58

OPLL version is indeed still WIP, but the SCC version is pretty much done.
There's also two more versions of TT: one that's geared towards SMS chips, and one that's specially for dual PSG.

A JavaScipt version is in development (I have a version here which, though limited, actually runs), which would support every MSX chip except for OPL4, but that's, as we say in Dutch - "Future Music". Wink

If you have trouble using the 'original' TT (the one for SCC), please ask here or send a mail to Huey.
Note that it does require MSX-DOS 2.

By ericb59

Paladin (828)

ericb59's picture

21-10-2018, 07:47

Would be nice to have a C (SDCC) implementation of the TT Replayer

Page 2/4
1 | | 3 | 4
My MSX profile