The cartridge you are waiting for 3000 years !

Page 20/21
13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | | 21

By hbarcellos

Hero (554)

hbarcellos's picture

07-06-2014, 14:18

@giuseve, can you send me the disk so I can try to reproduce (and later fix) the defect?

@Eric, I just got my cart(s), finally!
I only have two words for you all, Eric, Artrag, Toni, John, Shiru and everybody else: Thank you!

By ARTRAG

Enlighted (5948)

ARTRAG's picture

07-06-2014, 17:55

My pleasure, time pilot for colecovision was an icon of my childhood, having it on msx for me was a must (and the work for fixing the Shiru sfx replayer resulted very useful in the Uridium remake which, like the original, has music only in intermissions.

By Grauw

Enlighted (7132)

Grauw's picture

07-06-2014, 18:00

ARTRAG wrote:

My pleasure, time pilot for colecovision was an icon of my childhood

Same here! (The MSX version though.) The first game I remember playing.

By ARTRAG

Enlighted (5948)

ARTRAG's picture

07-06-2014, 18:07

By hbarcellos

Hero (554)

hbarcellos's picture

08-06-2014, 04:52

ARTRAG wrote:

My pleasure, time pilot for colecovision was an icon of my childhood, having it on msx for me was a must (and the work for fixing the Shiru sfx replayer resulted very useful in the Uridium remake which, like the original, has music only in intermissions.

BTW, we need to publish the updated version.
Maybe even better.
Grauw, what do you find of creating a special section on your ASM webpage with some standard routines?
I could contribute some parts like, my version of finding RAM in other slots/subslots, coleco CHIP emulator, and etc..

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5258)

JohnHassink's picture

08-06-2014, 05:16

Grauw wrote:
ARTRAG wrote:

My pleasure, time pilot for colecovision was an icon of my childhood

Same here! (The MSX version though.) The first game I remember playing.

Interesting. I decided to open a topic about that, because of your comment. Smile
http://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/general-discussion/your-fi...

By giuseve

Paladin (725)

giuseve's picture

08-06-2014, 11:33

@hbarcellos
I found that is not a problem depending by your .ROM.

I've escluded the loading of the splash screen in screen12 and the problem disappeared. Maybe there is a VIDEO RAM problem when memory loads a screen12 image.

Does somebody know how to CLEAN the video memory of a V9958 ?
I would try to add this after splash screen loaded before to ask you a solution on the .ROM

By Grauw

Enlighted (7132)

Grauw's picture

08-06-2014, 14:43

Hey!

hbarcellos wrote:

Grauw, what do you find of creating a special section on your ASM webpage with some standard routines?
I could contribute some parts like, my version of finding RAM in other slots/subslots, coleco CHIP emulator, and etc..

There is this section already: MAP Sources.

It’s mostly useful for small, common examples though. Finding RAM is very suitable, it’s boilerplate stuff that people have to write over and over again, and it is easy to make mistakes with subslots so having a standard correctly working example will be very helpful.

But for Coleco CHIP emulator, I think it’s better to create your own Bitbucket or Github account and put it online there. I can then link to it on the MAP. This way, if you want to make modifications you don’t have to go through me.

Anyway, there’s contact information here. Feel free to submit anything you think is useful!

By gdx

Paragon (2019)

gdx's picture

29-11-2014, 13:00

Becareful ! Beware silver cartridges.

The case short-circuit the pins when the press box above. :evil:

By valkyre

Champion (355)

valkyre's picture

30-11-2014, 14:28

@gdx-the case is conductive although i failed to get continuity between the case and contacts.However as a precaution i have opened the cartridge and ran a strip of clear tape down each side of the case where the contacts protrude. Panic over!

Page 20/21
13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | | 21
My MSX profile