Creating pixel art

Page 28/29
21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | | 29

By R_Leo_1

Resident (43)

R_Leo_1's picture

15-10-2018, 01:29

MsxKun wrote:

Anyway, I'm curious, what are your prices for pixeling? Tongue

Well I've actually never thought about it lol. Is there a piece you specifically had in mind, because the price would vary based on how complex the piece would need to be.These are just my estimates but, MSX1 pixel art would probably be between 15-20 usd, while MSX2 pixel art would be between 20-30 usd. Like I said those may vary slightly tho Smile

By sd_snatcher

Prophet (2865)

sd_snatcher's picture

15-10-2018, 18:51

Grauw wrote:

I didn’t mean to imply that banding is always a bad thing, and often unavoidable with only 16 colours out of a 512 colour palette as well. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t something to pay attention to and avoid if it makes sense to. There are techniques to make it blend in better. For me this was at least a good tip.

I agree that they’re good tips. I only meant that I’ve seen some recent articles complaining about banding, bayer dithering and anti-alias as if they were deadly sins, and that I think that they can be just a matter of style too. Smile

By MsxKun

Paladin (865)

MsxKun's picture

15-10-2018, 20:28

R_Leo_1 wrote:
MsxKun wrote:

Anyway, I'm curious, what are your prices for pixeling? Tongue

Well I've actually never thought about it lol. Is there a piece you specifically had in mind, because the price would vary based on how complex the piece would need to be.These are just my estimates but, MSX1 pixel art would probably be between 15-20 usd, while MSX2 pixel art would be between 20-30 usd. Like I said those may vary slightly tho Smile

I have too many things on mind, but by now nothing specific yet. It's good to know, I take note. Not going to ask for artwork until i finish my part, that is coding, but it's good to have choices.

By R_Leo_1

Resident (43)

R_Leo_1's picture

15-10-2018, 23:02

MsxKun wrote:

I have too many things on mind, but by now nothing specific yet. It's good to know, I take note. Not going to ask for artwork until i finish my part, that is coding, but it's good to have choices.

I absolutely agree, good luck on the coding, friend! Just message me in the future if you're interested, I would be glad to help you out Smile

By gdx

Prophet (2320)

gdx's picture

16-10-2018, 01:41

Here are some SC2 images that I found here and there.
https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/761073/cpZsS02McoHU...

By R_Leo_1

Resident (43)

R_Leo_1's picture

16-10-2018, 01:43

gdx wrote:

Here are some SC2 images that I found here and there.
https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/761073/SC2-PIC.zip

Wow! I absolutely love these! The amount of detail from such a limited display will never cease to amaze me :D I'm also honored to see my pixel art in this set :)

By sd_snatcher

Prophet (2865)

sd_snatcher's picture

16-10-2018, 02:33

gdx wrote:

Here are some SC2 images that I found here and there.
https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/761073/cpZsS02McoHUlGnb/SC2-PIC.zip

Thank you for the Penguin Adventure image inside that package! I've never seen that one. I'll add it to the MSX Pixel Art Vol.3, if you don't mind. :)

OTOH, there are some images in your package that seem to have been converted from lossy sources, so they miss a lot of detail. For example, I could to find the original image of the FOREST.SC2 image drawn by Mermaid. It's part of the Vol.1 collection, and as you can see at the Retro Gallery, it has a lot more details than the VANJAUTN.SC2 in your package.

I wouldn't include straight ZX-Spectrum->MSX conversions in the screen-2 category though. They're still ZX-Spectrum images, with 8x8 colors restrictions. We're better served leaving such images in their native ZX-Spectrum format and just using a viewer for MSX-DOS, to view them on the MSX.

By gdx

Prophet (2320)

gdx's picture

16-10-2018, 13:19

Thanks for the link. Smile

sd_snatcher wrote:

Thank you for the Penguin Adventure image inside that package! I've never seen that one. I'll add it to the MSX Pixel Art Vol.3, if you don't mind. Smile

This picture comes from the title of the megarom converted for Memory Mapper under DOS.

sd_snatcher wrote:

there are some images in your package that seem to have been converted from lossy sources, so they miss a lot of detail.

Probably, pictures that I did not find original I convert them with Janonne's online MSX Screen Converter. So sprites has gone.

By ARTRAG

Enlighted (6026)

ARTRAG's picture

16-10-2018, 22:29

https://youtu.be/aMcJ1Jvtef0
A video on 8 bit graphics I think it is worth to watch at...

By R_Leo_1

Resident (43)

R_Leo_1's picture

17-10-2018, 01:45

ARTRAG wrote:

https://youtu.be/aMcJ1Jvtef0
A video on 8 bit graphics I think it is worth to watch at...

This is absolutely fascinating, gotta love seeing the old IBM compatible graphics being pushed to their limits!

Page 28/29
21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | | 29
My MSX profile