Outlook Express 2019 in development for SymbOS

Page 6/10
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

By edoz

Prophet (2363)

edoz's picture

27-06-2019, 23:54

Can you post a screenshot? Easy is to use MSX.pics. receiving should work. Did you received the email from me yesterday or this morning?

By ToriHino

Paladin (720)

ToriHino's picture

28-06-2019, 00:41

It does not get past this step:

By edoz

Prophet (2363)

edoz's picture

28-06-2019, 11:03

That is strange. So you never received any email from me? I'm sure i did sent one. So there is something else wrong as it should work.

Can you please do the following:

After starting, go to the about screen and activate this checkbox.

This will dump the network communication into a log file. It can be find in the local email store after you do a send/receive.

Only do this once as the log file is overwritten every time you do a send/receive.
Can you put the dump file here or send it to me? (Maybe you should remove the credentials form the dump file as it contains your login information as well)

And what are the values of the numbers in the about screen?

By ToriHino

Paladin (720)

ToriHino's picture

28-06-2019, 21:23

I send you a mail with the dump file and the ini containing the settings. It looks like it is trying to connect to the IMAP server altough POP3 is selected as active. I also see this when the network daemon is not yet started: TRY CONNECT IMAP

The values in the about screen are: f4 i0 04 s4 d0

By edoz

Prophet (2363)

edoz's picture

29-06-2019, 07:57

Hi, I just received your dump file by email. It seems it is trying to connect using IMAP and not POP3.
I was already starting to support the IMAP protocol as well. Maybe i did something wrong here as at the moment i only support POP3 for receiving emails.

I will try your setting file to see what's wrong!

The counter values of the about screen is saying that you only sent 4 emails. So that seems correct.

By edoz

Prophet (2363)

edoz's picture

29-06-2019, 08:24

I just checked. Sorry.. it is my fault. Port 143 is the IMAP port. You should change it to port 111 (normally it is 110 but i changed it on the server to 111 for some other reasons) So if you change 143 to 111 save it you should be fine. (I hope)

By ToriHino

Paladin (720)

ToriHino's picture

29-06-2019, 09:12

It works now! The port number was indeed the problem.

By edoz

Prophet (2363)

edoz's picture

29-06-2019, 09:42

Wow! That is cool to see! Thank you for testing it out! Sorry about the port number.. but lucky it was not a bug Wink

Bugs i still have to fix:

• CC and email format is sometimes not correct
  • If you open the new email dialog and start typing directly SymbOS is freezing. But not happen when you first select with the mouse the correct textbox and then start typing
  • Issues with the file dialog window. Something only on real machines. Sometimes SymbOS is freezing as well (loading and store profiles)
  • Sometimes the address book is empty
  • If you open the dialog window symbos is freezing if the mailsetup was not set
  • emaillistbox should delete multiple emails when you select multiple items in the listbox
  • If you receive more emails then the memory allows things get corrupt
  • sometimes the lisbox get corrupt. Date/Time are in the email subject field.. (still not find that one)

And features that i have to implement:

• Base64 Decoding and Encoding for login and file transfers
  • IMAP support (Not sure if i have memory left to fix this)
  • Some buttons still need functions. (Like copy,cut,past) and reply etc. (in the email window)
  • MINE support (not sure)
  • some kind of HTML to text wrapper for HTML emails

BTW, you should be able to send a email to your regular email address as well from the mailserver. So you could send a message to your email client on your phone or so Wink I hope that works too.

By ToriHino

Paladin (720)

ToriHino's picture

29-06-2019, 10:10

I already tried sending to my regular email address earlier and yes it works Big smile

By edoz

Prophet (2363)

edoz's picture

29-06-2019, 15:38

Okay, here is the proof i received from you Wink

Glad it was successfully. Maybe if other people are interested i can do a public beta release as well. For now i have to fix those other bugs/issues. But i need some motivation first ;)

Page 6/10
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10