Outlook Express 2019 in development for SymbOS

Page 8/9
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | | 9

By edoz

Prophet (2168)

edoz's picture

11-09-2019, 18:43

Yes, i already support boundary part for plain/text and Content-Disposition: attachment; But the plain part could be in base64 as well, same for the attachment boundary part. Most email clients are supporting plain part.

Next my program is not pure assembly, so the download and processing speed is somewhat slow. Especially when there is a lot to process. Currently i have this opensource email services running (HMailServer) on the network.symbos.org server. Maybe it is an idea that people can register a email address on that server and use it with SymbOS E-MAIL.
Than you just use the email for your MSX as i would suggest not to use your normal email account for this Nishi

Well, in the end i had fun and learned a lot Wink

pppfff... ANSI telnet client for SymbOS would be a bit hard. From my understanding it is only possible in screen7?

By edoz

Prophet (2168)

edoz's picture

11-09-2019, 20:12

BTW... i simple email with the TEXT .. HELLO.. is 32k in size in Office365.. The world is doomed Wink This is the issue of global warming Big smile

By hamlet

Scribe (2398)

hamlet's picture

11-09-2019, 22:16

Good to have a 128k computer so I could sent four word emails.
My girlfriend would go crazy!

By Manuel

Ascended (15600)

Manuel's picture

11-09-2019, 22:38

edoz wrote:

BTW... i simple email with the TEXT .. HELLO.. is 32k in size in Office365.. The world is doomed Wink This is the issue of global warming Big smile

Try a decent e-mail client like Thunderbird, that also allows you to type plain text e-mails, with nothing special at all Smile

By edoz

Prophet (2168)

edoz's picture

12-09-2019, 14:25

Manuel wrote:
edoz wrote:

Try a decent e-mail client like Thunderbird, that also allows you to type plain text e-mails, with nothing special at all Smile

I just downloaded and installed Thunderbird, but that email client seems to work fine with SymbOS-Email. Sorry for the bit blurry picture but my capture adapter is not that good. thanks for the tip!

By tfh

Paragon (1768)

tfh's picture

12-09-2019, 14:27

Manuel wrote:
edoz wrote:

Outlook in Office365 also allows the use of plain text.

By edoz

Prophet (2168)

edoz's picture

12-09-2019, 14:44

tfh wrote:
Manuel wrote:
edoz wrote:

Yes.. it does.. but "PLAIN" is not so plain.. you get a lot of shit.. plain text Wink you get 32k plain text for a couple of words Wink
A lot of MIME shit.. Plain text for me is without less MIME Wink

By tfh

Paragon (1768)

tfh's picture

12-09-2019, 15:05

edoz wrote:
tfh wrote:
Manuel wrote:
edoz wrote:

Yes.. it does.. but "PLAIN" is not so plain.. you get a lot of shit.. plain text Wink you get 32k plain text for a couple of words Wink
A lot of MIME shit.. Plain text for me is without less MIME Wink

Well, then I don't know what you have set. I've just tried sending an e-mail to myself using outlook, set to plain text.
The complete e-mail, including all headers with authentification data is 3,75kByte. The e-mail itself, including sent/to/date/time/topic info is just 664 Bytes.

By edoz

Prophet (2168)

edoz's picture

12-09-2019, 17:06

Okay.. maybe we have a different setup than.. .not sure

By edoz

Prophet (2168)

edoz's picture

12-09-2019, 18:47

I just did a kind of stress test... Playing MP3 and do emails Wink

and showing the email client in 4 and 16 color mode.. and 512 mode

Probably you all get a bit bored Wink But here you can see the stresstest: