Project Tools

Page 3/3
1 | 2 |

By QBee Sam

Master (207)

QBee Sam's picture

22-11-2019, 20:12

thies_ wrote:

just learned in the Graphic conversion for any 256x192 into MSX1 graphics thread, that there already was a nice GIMP plug-in for exporting screen 2 images created by Sepulep...

I recommend to anyone, who is interested in using GIMP for MSX graphics to check this out as well.

I can't compile from sources, got an error at make:
msx_gm2_export.c:138:18: error: ‘GIMP_CONVERT_DITHER_FS_LOWBLEED’ undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean ‘G_CONVERTER_FLUSHED’?

I tried to compile on Kubuntu 18.04 (Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS)
libgimp2.0 2.8.22-1
libcairo2-dev 1.15.10-2ubuntu0.1
libglib2.0-dev
libgtk2.0-dev

Any help is welcome ;)

By MsxKun

Paladin (924)

MsxKun's picture

22-11-2019, 20:39

thies_ wrote:

just learned in the Graphic conversion for any 256x192 into MSX1 graphics thread, that there already was a nice GIMP plug-in for exporting screen 2 images created by Sepulep...

I recommend to anyone, who is interested in using GIMP for MSX graphics to check this out as well.

I checked the MSX Viewer ones. Once I learnt it was so easy to make gimp plugins in python, I added more screen modes, so it can save directly into almost MSX screen with or without compression, also included G9B format, Sprites export (with automatic multicolor separation). I add stuff as I need it :) Enjoyed the process of discovering how to do it all and doing it.

By MsxKun

Paladin (924)

MsxKun's picture

22-11-2019, 20:42

thies_ wrote:

It's a bit tricky to compile GIMP plug-ins on MS Windows (needs GNU toolchain), so I just added a compiled version for Windows (64bit) in the downloads section as well:
https://www.msx.org/download/download/2019/11/gimp-msx-plugins_0.2.0_win64.zip

Make them using Python and you won't have to compile a bit :BA:

By thies_

Supporter (6)

thies_'s picture

23-11-2019, 19:42

QBee Sam wrote:

I can't compile from sources, got an error at make:
msx_gm2_export.c:138:18: error: ‘GIMP_CONVERT_DITHER_FS_LOWBLEED’ undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean ‘G_CONVERTER_FLUSHED’?

I just checked the GIMP source code and it seems they have changed the enum values for the dither types between 2.8 and 2.10... Just replaced that by int values and made a new commit to gitlab. Let me know, if compile is working now.

Guess I'll have to set up a 2.8 environment to check for compatibility...

By thies_

Supporter (6)

thies_'s picture

23-11-2019, 20:10

MsxKun wrote:

Make them using Python and you won't have to compile a bit BA-team

Totally agree with you - my sprite exporter plug-in is already written python. I originally wrote the C code for the image exporter plug-in some years ago, but was actually thinking of rewriting it in python, too...

I will have a look at the MSX Viewer.
Nice to see so many gimp plug-ins for MSX out there. Wondering if anybody has already implemented the 105 color image export in a gimp plug-in...

Page 3/3
1 | 2 |