"Weird ROMs" launching

Page 6/14
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

By Guillian

Prophet (3306)

Guillian's picture

23-01-2016, 18:44

gdx wrote:

You sink yourself more and more. I explained all these points. Read again all posts and think a bit. Wink
Moreover, it is not standing out errors in my explanations that you will prove anything. You are wrong and you do not digest that. LOL!

Well, it seems that you or me have a problem of denial.

By gdx

Prophet (3497)

gdx's picture

24-01-2016, 09:27

Guillian wrote:
gdx wrote:

Until today I am right my method can execute all Roms. It is based only on header and file size.
Someday if a person wants do a Rom not supported by loaders I advise a other method more efficient like the method used for "INK - Exxon Surfing" because otherwise a simple update will do work the Rom.

If you need updates, patches or any other trick, means what I'm trying to explain: it is not possible to be 100% sure about where the ROM is located, mirrored or other hardware related features without information of the real hardware.
INK is an example. It is not a MegaROM, but can't work as a "normal" non MegaROM.

As I explain above, it would be updated only to take into account special cases, not to add patches or any other trick.

About INK, you are wrong. It is not a MegaROM but it works like a MegaROM (without page). A writing a certain address changes the data in ROM. This is an anti-piracy protection.

Guillian wrote:

Actually you said:

gdx wrote:
Guillian wrote:

A ROM file does not contain enough information to exactly know how it works (i.e.: where it is located)
Depending on how the ROM is connected to slot signals, it will be mirrored, located at page 1, at page 2, etc.

A ROM file contains enough information if it is not mapped.

That's wrong and it have been proven.

Yes, I confirm it but my sentence do not contradict what you said. I explained the reason. There is the theory and the practice. You can not assimilate it because you are too busy to contradict me with my mistakes.

Ramones wrote:

"Let's see. I want understand you. To summarise, you say:

"With the header and file size of all TOSEC ROMs I tried, Rom2MMM can determine the type of those ROMs and load them without problems" .

Is that? "

I want to say: Based on the header and the file size only, Rom2MMM can execute all ROMs from the TOSEC. I am sure of it because I tried all and more without finding any game that does not work.

Ramones wrote:

I have not any obscure objetive demonstrating you are wrong, gfx. Trust me. Big smile I just want help you to improve your loader.

This is not by giving a mapped ROM to try that you will help. ROM2MMM does not support MegaRoms. I have said many times: the mapped Roms are a different case. This is Guillian that says the opposite. The mapped Roms has need patches to work on MMM because its pages are a size of 16KB and the adresses to access at mapper registers is différent of all existing MegaRoms. OPF works on a different media. Many Megaroms work without any patch but many non-mapped Roms require patches and some Roms will never work. It's just a media issue as I explained above.

(Just for info: ROM2MMM displays "Improper Rom" when I try to launch your Rom. It doesn't contradict me again.)

Ramones wrote:

And affirm categorically "header and file size gives enough info ... " was a error without add the "only TOSEC blah blah blah" info.

I hope you have understood now because I give up to continue.

By Guillian

Prophet (3306)

Guillian's picture

24-01-2016, 10:10

gdx wrote:

As I explain above, it would be updated only to take into account special cases, not to add patches or any other trick.

If you need to take into account special cases, that means you can't get all in the information from the ROM file (the cause of this discussion)

gdx wrote:

About INK, you are wrong. It is not a MegaROM but it works like a MegaROM (without page). A writing a certain address changes the data in ROM. This is an anti-piracy protection.

Again you are wrong, sorry.
INK is not a MegaROM and does not work as a MegaROM (it does not use mapper).
It is just a plain ROM accessing flashROM through commands.
If you need to belive it is a MegaROM and/or use mapper to justify it does not work in ROM2MMM, or that it needs a patch, it is up to you.

gdx wrote:

Yes, I confirm it but my sentence do not contradict what you said. I explained the reason. There is the theory and the practice. You can not assimilate it because you are too busy to contradict me with my mistakes.

It seems you don't acept to be wrong.
I said a ROM file does not contain enough information to know how the real hardware works. But in most cases you can guess it. (Theory Vs. practice)
You said that was not true. That a ROM file constains enough information.
I made a simple ROM to prove you can not know it, and I had to explain how the hardware part works in order to load it correctly.
That is all.

And remember, you were the one who started to say that I was wrong. Not the opposite.

gdx wrote:

I want to say: Based on the header and the file size only, Rom2MMM can execute all ROMs from the TOSEC. I am sure of it because I tried all and more without finding a game that does not work.

Probably you wanted to mean that, but actually you said:

gdx wrote:

My rom loader ROM2MMM (for the Musical Memory Mapper cartridge) can run 100% of existing Roms. It not use any patch nor any option. It is based only on the Rom header and the file size.

That's why Louthrax asked:

Quote:

GDX your loader works with all "evil ROMs" I listed ?

So you said: 100% of existing ROMs. Then 100% of non mapped ROMs. And then 100% of non mapped ROMs from TOSEC.

By Ramones

Champion (264)

Ramones's picture

24-01-2016, 10:13

gdx wrote:

I want to say: Based on the header and the file size only, Rom2MMM can execute all ROMs from the TOSEC. I am sure of it because I tried all and more without finding any game that does not work.

Ok. Now I understand perfectly. Wink

Ramones wrote:

I have not any obscure objetive demonstrating you are wrong, gfx. Trust me. Big smile I just want help you to improve your loader.

gdx wrote:

This is not by giving a mapped ROM to try that you will help. ROM2MMM does not support MegaRoms.

Was just an example.

Ramones wrote:

(Just for info: ROM2MMM displays "Improper Rom" when I try to launch your Rom. It doesn't contradict me again.)

One question: You forget 24k size ROM linked is mapped 8k Ascii. You imagine is normal non mapped ROM with 24k size. Works on Rom2MMM or displays "improper rom"?

To improve the loader you should "pad" the ROM size. 24 -> 32.

(I don't know if Rom2MMM does this now, just a suggestion.)

gdx wrote:

I hope you have understood now because I give up to continue.

You are right, this thread is very bored. Smile

By gdx

Prophet (3497)

gdx's picture

24-01-2016, 11:16

Guillian wrote:
gdx wrote:

About INK, you are wrong. It is not a MegaROM but it works like a MegaROM (without page). A writing a certain address changes the data in ROM. This is an anti-piracy protection.

Again you are wrong, sorry.
INK is not a MegaROM and does not work as a MegaROM (it does not use mapper).
It is just a plain ROM accessing flashROM through commands.
If you need to belive it is a MegaROM and/or use mapper to justify it does not work in ROM2MMM, or that it needs a patch, it is up to you.

Oups, I confused with another game, perhaps Dooley but It does not change anything and you persist in your bullshit. In French, it's called: "Enculer les mouches". Bye.

Quote:

One question: You forget 24k size ROM linked is mapped 8k Ascii. You imagine is normal non mapped ROM with 24k size. Works on Rom2MMM or displays "improper rom"?

To improve the loader you should "pad" the ROM size. 24 -> 32.

(I don't know if Rom2MMM does this now, just a suggestion.)

I would do it if necessary.

By Guillian

Prophet (3306)

Guillian's picture

24-01-2016, 11:30

gdx wrote:
Guillian wrote:

Again you are wrong, sorry.
INK is not a MegaROM and does not work as a MegaROM (it does not use mapper).
It is just a plain ROM accessing flashROM through commands.
If you need to belive it is a MegaROM and/or use mapper to justify it does not work in ROM2MMM, or that it needs a patch, it is up to you.

Oups, I confused with another game, perhaps Dooley but It does not change anything and you persist in your bullshit. In French, it's called: "Enculer les mouches". Bye.

That is a lack of respect.
Perhaps you feel frustrated because you have no arguments. Instead of admiting you are wrong you just insult.
Anyway, I hope you at least have learned something new about how the ROMs and MSX work. (^___^)

By Ramones

Champion (264)

Ramones's picture

24-01-2016, 11:54

gdx wrote:

I would do it if necessary.

Ok. Then, now, I will code a new free game with 24k ROM just to say: "Do not work on Rom2MMM". Smile
(just kidding, man)
Remember: People never says "its a game/rom problem". People says: "Rom2MMM fails".
I just wanted to give you some advice/help/ suggestion.
But, I see, you are very proud to say "thanks".

By the way: avoid insults, please. I have more insults in my brain than you can imagine. Smile

By gdx

Prophet (3497)

gdx's picture

24-01-2016, 12:40

"enculer les mouches" is a french expression that says: Focus its attention to unimportant details, to be extremely fussy, be picky about details. It's not an insult.

By Guillian

Prophet (3306)

Guillian's picture

24-01-2016, 13:21

For you perhaps are unimportant details, but they are the points we are discussing.
Anyway, that expresion is a lack of respect.
And "you persist in your bullshit" what does it mean in French?
You can disagree and try to explain your point or prove it. That's what I have done.
But saying things like that is, again, a lack of respect.

By gdx

Prophet (3497)

gdx's picture

24-01-2016, 13:49

Guillian wrote:

And "you persist in your bullshit" what does it mean in French?

"Vous persistez dans votre absurdité."

Page 6/14
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11