WebMSX 4.0 with support for mobile devices. Finally enjoy MSX games on your iPhone/iPad!

Page 1/5
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

By ppeccin

Champion (376)

ppeccin's picture

28-12-2016, 15:08

Release 4.0 is out: webmsx.org

- Support for mobile iOS and Android devices
- Finally enjoy MSX games on your iPhone/iPad!
- Customizable Touch Controls, Virtual Keyboard, with Haptic feedback
- Install as a WebApp on iOS/Android/Desktop, then run offline!
- Open files from local storage, iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, web links
- Higher resolution GUI for high-density displays, Retina displays
- Menu navigation by keys. Easy GUI switches for most used options
- CPU Turbo mode @ 7.16MHz

It requires a modern device to run smoothly.
Android itself and Chrome on Android still have some audio issues. So for now, depending on the device, audio may have a noticeable delay. The Audio Buffer can be adjusted on the Quick Options dialog. Sorry...
I'm in contact with people from Project Chromium to improve the audio latency on future updates.

On iOS there is no issues.

Enjoy!

Login or register to post comments

By tfh

Prophet (3017)

tfh's picture

28-12-2016, 15:22

Great! Smile I will have a look at this version and check if it's usefull to ugrade the version on file-hunter.com Smile
Any plans to support MSX Audio in a next version?

Hmmm...
This version doesn't center on the screen anymore. it ends up on the left side of the screen, so... going back to 3.0 for the moment. (Example: http://file-hunter.com/MSX/msx2.html)

By ppeccin

Champion (376)

ppeccin's picture

28-12-2016, 15:41

It centers, but a very small CSS change on your page will be necessary.

By tfh

Prophet (3017)

tfh's picture

28-12-2016, 15:58

ppeccin wrote:

It centers, but a very small CSS change on your page will be necessary.

LOL... I'm afraid I'll have to update all the 100+ pages, so it wil be for another moment Smile
Anyway, nice work. Just had a go on an iPhone 6 and it works quite nice!

By KdL

Paragon (1413)

KdL's picture

28-12-2016, 18:08

Whoaa!! Very nice work! LOL!

By ppeccin

Champion (376)

ppeccin's picture

28-12-2016, 18:43

tfh wrote:

I'm afraid I'll have to update all the 100+ pages

Well, its never good to replicate code like that! Tongue

By Sander

Founder (1866)

Sander's picture

29-12-2016, 00:16

Simple batch search and replace tool should do the trick.

By Louthrax

Prophet (2406)

Louthrax's picture

29-12-2016, 00:44

ppeccin wrote:

Android itself and Chrome on Android still have some audio issues. So for now, depending on the device, audio may have a noticeable delay. The Audio Buffer can be adjusted on the Quick Options dialog. Sorry...
I'm in contact with people from Project Chromium to improve the audio latency on future updates.

So our old MSX machines could be responsible for a Chromium audio improvement Big smile ??
Congrats for all your work by the way, this is pure awesomeness !

By tfh

Prophet (3017)

tfh's picture

29-12-2016, 12:09

Sander wrote:

Simple batch search and replace tool should do the trick.

Yeah, I know... But I am lazy Smile
Anyway, updated to 4.0 on file-hunter.com and (batch) changed all the files. Should be fine now.
Now I can go back to being my lazy self again ;-)

BTW... Still amazed by the maturity of WebMSX compared to it's age!

By Kai Magazine

Paragon (1417)

Kai Magazine's picture

29-12-2016, 13:25

Hi, great job!
Is there a way to force the mapper on a rom?
None of Kai Magazine games work because the mapper is not correctly detected Tongue

Happy holydays!

By tfh

Prophet (3017)

tfh's picture

29-12-2016, 13:39

Kai Magazine wrote:

Hi, great job!
Is there a way to force the mapper on a rom?
None of Kai Magazine games work because the mapper is not correctly detected Tongue

Happy holydays!

https://github.com/ppeccin/webmsx#rom-format-or-mapper-type

Page 1/5
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5