The Cartridge-Only philosophising

Page 2/23
1 | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

By giuseve

Paladin (733)

giuseve's picture

12-12-2015, 12:29

@dioniso
As I said before..
"Remember: if it would be possible, my preferred choise still remains to BUY the digital versions directly from the autors"

I agree with you when you say my 3rd otpion is "DON'T PLAY IT"
You're right, If I don't like a music album I won't buy It neither on CD neither on Itunes.
But here is quite different.
MSX is a community of OLD 8 bit Computer fan. We are few, someone have old Computers while someone instead can only use emulators because his old msx is broken.
It's true they simply MUST not play the games because the author decided so.
But the question is : why?
I repeat: we are not a free market place as for music, with tons of stuff and authors I can chose to buy or not.
We are MSXers, we are few (In italy we say "we are 4 cats") and we have so few stuff for our beloved MSX every year that don't permit any choise...
.. and someone decided that all these MSX stuff must be for 2 cats only because the other 2 cats are not worthy for it.

And if Kralizec would decided to sell their Goonies in DV I would buy it for sure, they maybe would get more money and maybe now they would have enough funds to keep on coding...

This is what I am talking about.

By Guillian

Prophet (3230)

Guillian's picture

12-12-2015, 13:58

mars2000you wrote:

The problem was not the dump of the game but the fact that the original version was protected against using in emulators or MegaflashROMS with this specific ''ironic" detail that it was the same people that had created the MegaflashROM.

Ah, I know I've made a mistake by sharing a trick to bypass the problem in emulators, but the original mistake was not mine (and the PSG/SCC reason is not acceptable : it should have been so simple to indicate that PSG/SCC quality was only guaranteed on real hardware). As Jipe has said, everyone has the right to make a dump for his personal using (not for distributing to friends or on the net). But some people in the MSX community are still denying this right !

You are free to dump your own cartridge (but you did not buy it, by the way) and you are free to fix/implement the features in BlueMSX to run the game. There is no protection to dump the cartridge.
So, it is quite clear that you just wanted to play for free the game. And you though you have the right to release/crack a game because you did not wanted to pay for it.

By Ramones

Champion (264)

Ramones's picture

12-12-2015, 14:07

giuseve wrote:

So this is my updated list: please send your dump to giuseve AT libero DOT it
Booming boy

Hi guiseve!

I'm Armando, the ex Kralizec coder and coder of Booming Boy. Smile

Thank you for your interest in Booming Boy.

I'm very happy with sending you the ROM file of Booming Boy. Just send 100€ to my Paypal account (majingazetto AT gmail DOT com) before and that's it.

Thank you.

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5487)

mars2000you's picture

12-12-2015, 14:09

Guillian wrote:

And you though you have the right to release/crack a game because you did not wanted to pay for it.

Small error: I've never released the ROM, but someone sended it to me (and I've already said that it was a mistake to share a trick for emulators).

I notice that you are not answering for the MegaflashROM users.

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

12-12-2015, 14:18

mars2000you wrote:

I notice that you are not answering for the MegaflashROM users.

And you are not still admitting that Kralizec stopped developing MSX games BECAUSE OF YOU.

You are the responsable of that. YOU.

If such a thing makes you happy, that shows what kind of person you are.

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5487)

mars2000you's picture

12-12-2015, 14:22

I'm not happy with that and taking all the members of the MSX community as hostages as Kralizec has done is inacceptable. The consequence is simple for me : I ignore the games that are only available in physical format.

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

12-12-2015, 14:25

mars2000you wrote:

I'm not happy with that and taking all the members of the MSX community as hostages as Kralizec has done is inacceptable.

That argument is nothing else but a childish distraction phallacy: Kralizec is free to decide what are their reasons to continue or stop working for the MSX. And, although you don't wanna admit it, the reason IS YOU.

There are no hostages here. The MSX community is not a hostage, is the VICTIM, and you (and some others like you) are the executors. Period.

By Grauw

Ascended (8310)

Grauw's picture

12-12-2015, 14:42

Guiseve: I think it’s a horrible idea to be asking for illegal copies of recent community software. If that were to be acceptable, it would be the death of the homebrew community for MSX, at least part of it. You absolutely have a right to be not agreeing with lack of digital distribution, it’s a valid opinion, but asking for copies under the “I have no other choice” excuse, I very much dislike Sad

Btw Kai Magazine said they would have a cartridge exclusive right now but reconsider a digital release later in 6 months or so, so putting Life on Mars on your list even before its release is quite premature if you ask me.

By Guillian

Prophet (3230)

Guillian's picture

12-12-2015, 14:55

mars2000you wrote:

I notice that you are not answering for the MegaflashROM users.

I don't get your point. What do you want me to answer?

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5487)

mars2000you's picture

12-12-2015, 15:03

Guillian wrote:
mars2000you wrote:

I notice that you are not answering for the MegaflashROM users.

I don't get your point. What do you want me to answer?

It has been checked (not by me) that the dump of the original cartridge can't work on a MegaFlashROM. So, someone who had bought a MegaFlashROM and the game from your site could be frustrated. Is this a fair situation ?

Page 2/23
1 | | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7