The Cartridge-Only philosophising

Page 7/23
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5497)

mars2000you's picture

14-12-2015, 05:36

iamweasel2 wrote:

I just remembered a funny thing. Some months ago, I was asking here in MRC for a cartridge version of Pointless Fighting. The game was released as a rom, but I wanted a physical cartridge, with box and manual since it is such a iconic game, it would be nice to have it here in my shelf. But the cartridge was never produced.

Here in this thread we have people asking for a digital version of games released as cartridges. Funny as it seems we always want what we cannot have. Wink

Maybe a Korean MSX fan can help you :

http://kpark.co.kr/3027382

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5497)

mars2000you's picture

14-12-2015, 05:36

hap wrote:

sure I'll take one...

==============
Kai Life on Mars2000 ! digi-buy pledges list:
01 hap

Excellent initiative from Kai Magazine (and amazing 2000 'addition' from hap) ... I'm of course interested by a digital version, let's prove that Ramones and his friends are wrong !

Kai Life on Mars2000 ! digi-buy pledges list:
01 hap
02 mars2000you

By giuseve

Paladin (733)

giuseve's picture

14-12-2015, 07:22

@kai
Hi guys
I deleted from the list games available in DV.
ASAP i will delete also Your game considering you are going to sell it in a DV.
ASAP i will delete also Uridium because they are going to give it free, if iunderstood correctly.

And the answer is ... yes, i will buy it because i think that 15euros is a very good price.
Count me on the list
03 giuseve
.. can you do it also considering that i am a non-msx user? :-) I repeat, it is a so stupid idea, we are 4 cats and someone wants to be only 2 cats because others are non-msx-users

By NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5365)

NYYRIKKI's picture

14-12-2015, 08:10

Kai Magazine wrote:

What do you say? this should be interesting. I am really intrigued to see if there are as many real digital buyers as they say.

I understand very well why you are not very keen to sell digital versions... I also know that you are not a big fan of my ideas, but may I suggest that you put a name + some sort of checksum or a secret ID number inside the digital versions. It is not a copy protection, but in the unlucky case the digital version gets leaked by some reason, you at least get to know who did the wrong thing. I have high hopes this does not happen, but for digital version this is very easy to implement and causes no trouble to users either.

By ARTRAG

Enlighted (6237)

ARTRAG's picture

14-12-2015, 08:39

I would use the user Id as seed of a random generator used to scramble the compressed data.

By Ramones

Champion (264)

Ramones's picture

14-12-2015, 12:18

giuseve wrote:

.. can you do it also considering that i am a non-msx user? :-)

Yes. You are a non-msx user. To clarify: You are a pirate user. You want play these games free. 0 €. You say: "ASAP i will delete also Your game considering you are going to sell it in a DV." Ok... And the rest of games? You are waiting
a friend send you these games, sure.

giuseve wrote:

I repeat, it is a so stupid idea, we are 4 cats and someone
wants to be only 2 cats because others are non-msx-users

Yes, we are 4 cats, and the guilty is you and your Mars friend.

You have the IMPUDENCE (BIG FACE in spanglish) to start a thread asking for non-free games. You have the IMPUDENCE say I'm a "bad guy" if I ask money for my game. And your friend (totally mental ill) say Kralizec to do the MSX
community hostage of our decisions. Please... are you crazy? Where is the MSX adult community to avoid this users?

You and Mars are the CANCER for the MSX community. You don't respect the developers, the publishers and the real MSX users.

And, you know? Now is when the moderators ban my user and I leave the forums while YOU continue writing crap.

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

14-12-2015, 12:38

Ramones wrote:

Ok... And the rest of games? You are waiting
a friend send you these games, sure.

Dangerous assumption. Would you happen to be that one guy who has no illegal software at all? All your Konami's are paid for?

By Eugeny_Brychkov

Paragon (1088)

Eugeny_Brychkov's picture

14-12-2015, 13:04

Guys, calm down.
There're two parties which participate in "software transfer" action - the party who gives and the party who receives.
Both can violate copyright or distribution rules or laws, and participating in the transaction accepts informed (or uninformed) risk - legal and risk to the image.
There will always be people who ask for something assuming taking risks when receiving.
But it is in your hands if to participate as giver or not.

Many games and ROM images are out there on the internet, and the fact that none comes to enforce their copy right to the places of those image storage does not mean it will continue this way forever.

Thus I assume this thread is a kind of provocation for all of us. World is full of assumptions, the only thing is what action this assumption will lead to and what will be the impact.

Edit: The lesson learnt within this thread: if author from our community is raising copyright violation complaint about his work, we should support this complaint and author.

By Ramones

Champion (264)

Ramones's picture

14-12-2015, 13:09

Meits wrote:
Ramones wrote:

Ok... And the rest of games? You are waiting
a friend send you these games, sure.

Dangerous assumption. Would you happen to be that one guy who has no illegal software at all? All your Konami's are paid for?

This is the "Adult" MSX Community I was calling... You prefer attack to the developer who defends his product than Giuseve.

Big applause. Of course, when I was written the post I knew I was alone in this fight. Bad luck. Crying

By Grauw

Ascended (8387)

Grauw's picture

14-12-2015, 13:24

Eugeny_Brychkov wrote:

Edit: The lesson learnt within this thread: if author from our community is raising copyright violation complaint about his work, we should support this complaint and author.

Yes. This is where I draw the hard line.

I think msx.org also does (or should) draw this hard line. Anyone made a moderator alert for warez yet?

Page 7/23
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12