MSX Meeting Nijmegen 2017 experience

Page 6/7
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | 7

By Wolverine_nl

Paragon (1037)

Wolverine_nl's picture

26-02-2017, 22:18

CX5Mer, were you blond with blue jacket? If so, then i tried to talk to uou when i was having lunch Wink

By Manuel

Ascended (15763)

Manuel's picture

27-02-2017, 11:07

CX5Mer wrote:

I DID walk up to lots of people, but not everyone, and introduce myself as CX5Mer, but unfortunately you weren't one of those people. I said in a post before the fair that I would be speaking Dutch and German. I don't remember you introducing yourself to me either.

OK, good. And sorry for not introducing myself, we only spoke when I was just going home and I forgot it.

By CX5Mer

Champion (322)

CX5Mer's picture

27-02-2017, 17:28

Wolverine_nl wrote:

CX5Mer, were you blond with blue jacket? If so, then i tried to talk to uou when i was having lunch Wink

That was me, as has already been pointed out somewhere. I was wearing an EU flag T shirt with a matching blue jacket and small EU flag badge. I spoke Dutch, which I first heard on the radio, then I read the book https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Dutch-Teach-Yourself-H-Koolho... , followed by the Linguaphone Dutch Course, had some pen friends, a few trips to Belgium and The Netherlands, then watched some satellite TV such as "De Vrouwenvleugel", "Veronica Computer Show", GTST, and "Onderweg naar Morgen", at times when certain channels were unencrypted or I had a pirate CAM decoder. I was harassed and persecuted for having a large satellite dish, so now I haven't had satellite reception for several years, but I have recently been watching GTST again online. I was very tired when we spoke and you asked if I was a collector. I said I wasn't, but I had a CX5M years ago and had bought another one recently, as well as a Philips VG-8235. I actually used to have a kind of collection that included three Atari 8 bit computers, two Power PC Macs, an Amiga A500 Plus, and an Amiga A1200. Unfortunately, I lost most of these during an eviction, but I couldn't get another flat because there's a housing crisis in London, so now I've only got two CX5M computers (one arrived after the MSX 2017 show), a Philips VG-8235, an Amiga A1200, a Raspberry Pi Model B, and two laptops.

I went to Nijmegen for the show but also there and and Germany partly as a plan to escape from the UK before it turns into something like North Korea or apartheid era South Africa. I plan some more trips soon, possibly including Rotterdam.

By evulopah

Hero (661)

evulopah's picture

27-02-2017, 22:29

Next time everybody should wear badges with their nicknames on it Smile

By hamlet

Scribe (2539)

hamlet's picture

27-02-2017, 22:50

Yes, I didn´t saw a ghost there either.

By Louthrax

Prophet (2084)

Louthrax's picture

27-02-2017, 23:03

evulopah wrote:

Next time everybody should wear badges with their nicknames on it Smile

We say that every year... usually just after Nijmegen Smile

By Manuel

Ascended (15763)

Manuel's picture

28-02-2017, 00:01

There was actually I time I did wear a badge with my name on it on fairs... but for some reason I stopped doing that, like 10 years ago.

By luppie

Paladin (854)

luppie's picture

28-02-2017, 00:09

I like the idea. Next year I'm willing to sponsor namebadges.
@Manuel: you have my contact info. Please contact me if you think it's a good idea.

By hamlet

Scribe (2539)

hamlet's picture

28-02-2017, 00:38

That´s cool. With a picture of the avatar please.

By Manuel

Ascended (15763)

Manuel's picture

28-02-2017, 10:54

I'm fine with the idea, it's up to you to organize it, though!

Page 6/7
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | 7