Photos Oss 2004

Page 3/5
1 | 2 | | 4 | 5

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5468)

mars2000you's picture

18-01-2004, 21:41

Destroying is always a bad action, even if some precious parts are preserved for new usage ....

When I see that, I understand now what is "social life" for some persons. Sorry to say that, but it explains also (there are other explanations) the lack of motivation for more interesting things ...

Although all things are not serious in life and that some fun adds quality to life, I don't appreciate what is (self-)destruction ....

The future is not positive with such attitudes, Dominic and your friends ....

By sunrise

Paragon (1091)

sunrise's picture

18-01-2004, 22:26

Let me first give the credits Raymond and Richard who organized very well.
An additional monitor we asked no problem , diner after the fair also oke.
What do we want more.
Yes destroying stuff at the fair , ridiculous. I received some nice components almost to my head. Not only a bad habit but if you ask me also a little dangerous if you get something in your eyes ... Sad

By Grauw

Enlighted (8015)

Grauw's picture

18-01-2004, 22:29

*sighs*

YOU are not positive for the future, uptight as you are, mars2000you and your friends...

Really, please get a grip on yourself, and get over it. I sincerely doubt this is a showing of their true inner self, and that in the end they will become mass killers hunted by the world in the war on terrorism. You have made your point many times already, do not keep repeating yourself. Please. It puts this whole topic about the fair in a bad light while it was really a very enjoyable day.

~Grauw

p.s. Sunrise, I was thinking the exact same thing ;p. Dangerous indeed! Hehe...

By SeD_NcL

Master (152)

SeD_NcL's picture

18-01-2004, 22:34

By snout

Ascended (15187)

snout's picture

18-01-2004, 22:38

I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can see the actions of 3 to 5 MSX users as "THE ONE AND ONLY OPINION AND ATTITUDE OF THE MSX COMMUNITY". If you see a guy in an MSX T-Shirt steal a car, does that mean all MSX users steal cars?

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5468)

mars2000you's picture

18-01-2004, 22:48

Please read what I've written. I don't speak about all the MSX community that was present in Oss, but about some of them (Dominic and his friends).

What disappoints me very well is the fact that I thought that Dominic was a positive MSX friend .... but I was wrong about him and other people.

So my phrase about negative future must be understood in this very limited context. This have some consequences in my MSX life, but I'll keep all my positive MSX actions : the development of my own sites, the cooperation with other MSX sites like MRC, MSXGamesBox, Univers MSX.

One thing is sure : MAF (MSX Affiliates Forum) is dead, but it is first the result of the MRC forum success. What can I say ? That's life !

By Grauw

Enlighted (8015)

Grauw's picture

19-01-2004, 00:07

Well, mister, I know them fairly well in person, and they are positive and friendly people, and I think you are crazy to abandon your former 'friends' like this, just because they did one thing you do not like, and as harmless as this. It's a €5 's worth heap of electronics, for crying out loud! It tells me more about your character than about theirs. Your world is apparantly very black/white, if you divide everyone in a 'positive' and a 'negative' group, and wholeheartedly betray your former friendship with them if they happen to fall into your other group.

And that last sentence you wrote... I don't understand a single word of it. One thing I do know and that is that the MRC's forum has nothing to do with the MAF, and never had. The succes of the MRC forum is in its entirity creditable to the efforts and dedication of the MRC administrators and moderators.

~Grauw

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5468)

mars2000you's picture

19-01-2004, 00:28

Before the great success of the MRC forum in 2003, the MAF forum was the 2d most visited forum in the MSX world. It's not a critic, it's simply a fact : the MSX fans have choosen for the forum with more possibilities of answers, more discussions in relation with the news, ... And I have good relations with the MRC team. So, my decision to leave the MAF is first dicted by the reality, not what you called "my world in black and white". When a project has no more future, it's better to stop it than to waste his energy and his time to maintain it. If you have good read my previous message, you know all my other MSX activities ....

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

19-01-2004, 07:21

What Grauw meant with Black & White is this:
What disappoints me very well is the fact that I thought that Dominic was a positive MSX friend .... but I was wrong about him and other people.

Judging people by ONE action is very black & white thinking... Everybody does something 'bad' sometime, and in this case it wasn't even considered 'bad'. Afterall, the C64 was found in the trash and probably already dead.

Really, what kind of crazy fanatic are you, to make all this fuzz about something like this, and pass up on all the 'positive' things that happened on the fair?

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5468)

mars2000you's picture

19-01-2004, 12:04

The answer is in my previous post : why continue to be Admin/ Mod of a forum without visitors ?

For the rest, I have the right, as everyone, to be disappointed with some attitudes. My reaction can be seem excessive, but what all about all these "destructives" pictures ? If someone is excessive, I have also the right to be excessive. Of course, after some time, I will relativise my position, but it's my way to make understand some things.

By the way, when you react over copyright problems, you can also be excessive, even if you are deeply right. So, you use the same method as me ...

Page 3/5
1 | 2 | | 4 | 5