Tilbeurs 2003

Page 2/4
1 | | 3 | 4

By Grauw

Ascended (8516)

Grauw's picture

18-02-2003, 19:23

Not wanting to sound too pissed or trying to pick a fight or anything, it's just that there's a lot more to it than sending out forms and collecting money, and a great amount of time goes in it. I have been under a great deal of stress the weeks before the fair, also because I kept postponing the programme (yeah I'm lazy, it's my fault). So I don't really like it when it is made look as if I did nothing at all. The things mentioned, floor plans and all, signs, they were done in exactly the same manner when Jaap was still in the organization aswell. Even the programme was done last minute back then, although I can't say that's really a good thing it is how it was.

Nothing I said was supposed to be taken as an offense, maybe I had to put that additional smiley in after all (but then again, I'm always thinking I'm flooding my texts with too many smileys Smile).

~Grauw

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

18-02-2003, 19:26

I'm glad you're grateful afterall, but not taking all the credit would be nice. I deserve as much credit as you. And I did not just 'sit at the entrance' while you were making the programme! (Which you should've done at least a day earlier) There is a lot more to organising a fair than booking a building and putting some people inside...

I did INSIST on helping, I asked you several times in the weeks before if you needed help, and even on the day before you said 'I think I can handle it myself'. It was purely a TNI fair so I wanted to do something too.

And Latok is right, we are a good team. I just hope you don't underestimate the amount of actual 'organising' needed again.
It can already be seen it with this years Tilburg fair; I'm sure everything is in order, but currently people do not think it's well organised!

Also, I don't want to drag you through the dirt, but it's simply a fact that you didn't think of a lot of things that still had to be done... That's why teamwork is important! It's too easy to forget something on your own.

Wanting to do everything on your own seems to be a character trait of yours Tongue

(ARGH! you editted your post again!!! How about proofreading BEFORE hitting 'submit'? ^^Wink

By Grauw

Ascended (8516)

Grauw's picture

18-02-2003, 19:37

What about the msx.org people finally implementing that preview function ^_^. I can't proofread properly in the edit window. C'm on, it's a small bold font for crying out loud...

And sure, ok, you can definately get the credit you deserve. At the other hand, you never 'officially' connected yourself with the fair, and what you did in the end was indeed a bit more than was originally intended. Things just didn't exactly go as planned, and I guess you can indeed call that somewhat of a character trait of mine. I'm not perfect ^_^;;. And about me just underestimating the work of 'sitting at the entrance', you kinda underestimated the work I did before the fair aswell Smile so you had that coming.

Next time I will do better in the sense that I will have the programme finished earlier. However aside from that things really didn't go that bad. I might have announced the fair a little earlier.

~Grauw

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

18-02-2003, 19:39

Before this turns into some flame war, basically what ticked me off was this:
Latok says: "Grauw, but you ARE going to organize a next Bussum fair, right? Or do you need some msx.org help? Anytime!"
Then I say: "Hey, it's not like Grauw is doing all of it on his own you know....... (^^);"
And then you say: ";p Hehehe. No, the organization I can do pretty well on my own, I only need help with setting everything up the day before the fair", thereby totally ignoring all the extra work that I've done! You said yourself it would only take an hour, but we were busy for at least 4 hours with 3 people... And then you disregard the work Debby and I have done on the actual fair as 'just sitting at the entrance' :/

That's what I meant with taking credit...

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

18-02-2003, 19:42

Bwah... When I said "Don't we need signs for the road?", you said "Nahh, it's the same locations as last year!" .... ^^; .... As if people are really gonna remember how to get there!

By FiXato

Scribe (1520)

FiXato's picture

18-02-2003, 21:07

Can we PLEASE stop this?
The discussion is going OFFtopic, it is TILBEURS! were are talking about, not Bussum Smile

And Grauw knows, if he needs a hand preparing stuff or cleaning up afterwards (which is also important Wink), I am more than willing to help (in exchange for some manga's/anime Tongue)

By snout

Ascended (15187)

snout's picture

18-02-2003, 22:24

About Tilburg 2003 - I just phoned the CGV, they said the invitations for the fair were just sent. Also, they intend to update their website with information on who are coming.

By Grauw

Ascended (8516)

Grauw's picture

18-02-2003, 23:18

Ok guyver, I understand, I'm sorry then ^_^. It's just that so far I've only seen your efforts in the light of 'helping out', also seeing that you never really 'committed' to it, so to speak. And as you said, until say perhaps the week before the fair I *was* all on my own, not counting on any help but the day before the fair. Which isn't really such a bad thing as it sounds, because the amount of preparation work isn't so much that I can't do it myself. Me saying that I would be allright mainly concerned the rest of the preparation work which had to be done, and also included some miscalculation and laziness, I'll gladly admit that. But although I really didn't just do 'nothing' all the time (as you basically implied in your 'ticked off' reply which ticked me off again) you're right if you're saying that you did a lot aswell, and deserve (more) recognition for that. Definately.

ps. in case anyone is wondering, no, this is not some kind of a fight, just an opensource discussion ;p.

~Grauw

By Grauw

Ascended (8516)

Grauw's picture

18-02-2003, 23:24

As far as sitting at the entrance is concerned, I intend to stop charging an entrance fee next time. That'll solve another problem.

~Grauw

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

18-02-2003, 23:33

Oh, that will surely make a certain person (that conveniently 'forgot to pay' last time) very happy! Tongue Wink

[edit: corrected typo] Smile

Page 2/4
1 | | 3 | 4