Tilburg 2004 - what's the story?

Page 2/4
1 | | 3 | 4

By sunrise

Paragon (1091)

sunrise's picture

17-12-2003, 14:43

I spoke by phone three times with CGV. In my conversation - as answer to jonemaan's remark- that indeed CGV is aware of the fact that the letter should be published, because I said so. MSX clubs entitled us( except one) to write the letter. So discussion had not to be an issue. We can spent our time better.
Remains what have they done with the letter , and second is it really true that the fair will be held as announced.
The first one is unlikely, but unfortunately I doubt very much if there will be an answer and we cannot force them.The second can be forced ,if they want to let us down e.g despite the announcement the fair is over. The same is valid when bad organazation is again the issue.But I go 100% for a coming Tilburg fair, and give it the -maybe last- benefit of the doubt.
It is not only the organazation but a common sense laziness Wolf , see people who donot want to write for a magazine( XSW Or Infoblad, Hnostar), the programming part is the same etc

By Hydragon

Hero (654)

Hydragon's picture

17-12-2003, 15:17

I hope, the fair in Tilburg will continue, it's one of the less fairs, which are "not far away" for me.
If Tilburg won't continue, there gonna stay, (for me) only 2 fairs left, Bussum and Oss, we need more activity! also in the south part of Holland
More fairs so more users who live further away, can join the MSX Community!

But it's only my impression about it and opinion, so don't get angry about it! It's just what's twisting in my head.

By Argon

Paragon (1058)

Argon's picture

17-12-2003, 15:26

The more south the fairs are, the better Tongue

By anonymous

incognito ergo sum (109)

anonymous's picture

17-12-2003, 15:29

Who says if tilburg won't continue, there will not be another fair?!
I'm pretty sure TNI can organise Bussum twice a year, to just give a possible example.

By Hydragon

Hero (654)

Hydragon's picture

17-12-2003, 15:34

If it's possible GuyveR800, it would be an excellent idea!!

By Arjan

Paladin (697)

Arjan's picture

17-12-2003, 15:36

noo~, the fairs need to be more in the northern part Tongue

it seems CGV is only organising the fair in Tilburg for the money, which is not a bad thing per se but... the people attending the fairs are expecting at least some decent amount of quality. They should do more than just getting a place for the fair, but also hand out flyers with a list of standholders, organising some events... CGV doesn't seem to care much about these things though Sad

I wouldn't really mind having two good fairs a year (Bussum, Oss) if the Tilburg fair is going to be crappy again. But, if the Tilburg fair is to disappear, there should at least be some more time between the Bussum and Oss fairs.

By Hydragon

Hero (654)

Hydragon's picture

17-12-2003, 15:40

noo~, the fairs need to be more in the northern part Tongue

it seems CGV is only organising the fair in Tilburg for the money, which is not a bad thing per se but... the people attending the fairs are expecting at least some decent amount of quality. They should do more than just getting a place for the fair, but also hand out flyers with a list of standholders, organising some events... CGV doesn't seem to care much about these things though Sad

I wouldn't really mind having two good fairs a year (Bussum, Oss) if the Tilburg fair is going to be crappy again. But, if the Tilburg fair is to disappear, there should at least be some more time between the Bussum and Oss fairs.

Ey in the South is the MSX slowly dieing, we need more activity here, in the northern part are still some MSX Groups active with their events.

By Arjan

Paladin (697)

Arjan's picture

17-12-2003, 15:48

well, Tilburg is in the southern part of Holland, for me. but if you live in Maastricht you might think something else Tongue

By snout

Ascended (15187)

snout's picture

17-12-2003, 15:58

I think you cannot blaim the decrease of activity of MSX users in certain regions to the absence of MSX meetings or fairs. On the internet, it's very easy to find a lot of 'soulmates' and develop new things, no matter in what region or country you are.

I can't promise anything yet, but 'just in case', the MRC is currently considering alternative meeting possibilities. However, there are quite some things to be figured out first. We will get back to it later.

I can understand that Sunrise gives Tilburg the benefit of doubt. MRC did that last year. This year - if the fair will actually be held - we will probably come as visitors, no longer as stand holders. Unless CGV makes a radical change and replies to the letter we've written in a satisfactory way. (e.g. showing they are going to change some things this year).

I have many good memories to every Tilburg fair, even enjoyed myself quite a lot last year because seeing MSX friends is always a nice experience. But the way things are, CGV Tilburg fairs have little to do with the fairs MSX-gg-Tilburg used to organize. You can just notice that the CGV have little bindings with MSX and Internet. And that's a shame. Oss and Bussum are far more enjoyable because NBNO and TNI do understand what MSX in the 21st century is about.

My 2 cents.

By Hydragon

Hero (654)

Hydragon's picture

17-12-2003, 16:06

I think you cannot blaim the decrease of activity of MSX users in certain regions to the absence of MSX meetings or fairs. On the internet, it's very easy to find a lot of 'soulmates' and develop new things, no matter in what region or country you are.

I can't promise anything yet, but 'just in case', the MRC is currently considering alternative meeting possibilities. However, there are quite some things to be figured out first. We will get back to it later.

I can understand that Sunrise gives Tilburg the benefit of doubt. MRC did that last year. This year - if the fair will actually be held - we will probably come as visitors, no longer as stand holders. Unless CGV makes a radical change and replies to the letter we've written in a satisfactory way. (e.g. showing they are going to change some things this year).

I have many good memories to every Tilburg fair, even enjoyed myself quite a lot last year because seeing MSX friends is always a nice experience. But the way things are, CGV Tilburg fairs have little to do with the fairs MSX-gg-Tilburg used to organize. You can just notice that the CGV have little bindings with MSX and Internet. And that's a shame. Oss and Bussum are far more enjoyable because NBNO and TNI do understand what MSX in the 21st century is about.

My 2 cents.

I fully agree, with your opinion and the idea you are thinking about organising more events, sounds great!
[ps: have ya read my mail?]

Page 2/4
1 | | 3 | 4
My MSX profile