AX350

Page 2/3
1 | | 3

By Gloriou

Expert (122)

Gloriou's picture

26-02-2019, 06:17

Manuel wrote:

Indeed. It seems it is always happening at the same moment, so I guess it's due to a program that's loaded at boot time or something (bad MSX-DOS?).

Something with the ram?

By gdx

Prophet (3035)

gdx's picture

26-02-2019, 08:05

Bad cartridge contacts can also provoke reset when the cartridge moves (when we type on the keyboard for example). Otherwise, it may be the power supply (Check the capacitors) or a defective RAM/ROM.

By sdsnatcher73

Hero (580)

sdsnatcher73's picture

26-02-2019, 13:37

Do you have a game cartridge to test with? It seems more likely it is a bad BIOS/BASIC chip somehow (from what I can tell). If the game works fine that would corroborate that hypothesis.

By Gloriou

Expert (122)

Gloriou's picture

26-02-2019, 16:30

sdsnatcher73 wrote:

Do you have a game cartridge to test with? It seems more likely it is a bad BIOS/BASIC chip somehow (from what I can tell). If the game works fine that would corroborate that hypothesis.

Sure, games cartridges works fine in middle of this problem
And when I take it out, it goes back to this problem

By Alexey

Guardian (2382)

Alexey's picture

26-02-2019, 22:16

Does the power LED go dark for a split second just before the machine is rebooted? I have this problem with my YIS503 and the problem is with the microswitch in the cartridge slot. I will work on the solution for this problem.

By Gloriou

Expert (122)

Gloriou's picture

26-02-2019, 20:06

Alexey wrote:

Does the power LED go dark for a split second just before the machine is rebooted? I have this problem with my YIS503 and the problem is with the microswitch in the cartridge slot. I will work on the solution or this problem.

No these are already bypassed

By NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (5382)

NYYRIKKI's picture

26-02-2019, 21:00

Manuel wrote:

Indeed. It seems it is always happening at the same moment, so I guess it's due to a program that's loaded at boot time or something (bad MSX-DOS?).

Are we looking at same video? What I see is that after IDE init it takes > 10 seconds before reboot. On next round it reboots almost immediately after IDE screen... Then it reboots two times at a row without even MSX-logo... To me this seems very random.

By Gloriou

Expert (122)

Gloriou's picture

27-02-2019, 10:12

NYYRIKKI wrote:
Manuel wrote:

Are we looking at same video? What I see is that after IDE init it takes > 10 seconds before reboot. On next round it reboots almost immediately after IDE screen... Then it reboots two times at a row without even MSX-logo... To me this seems very random.

Even with no IDE or even no cartridges. it even doesn't reach the floppy disk...
What is wrong with my MSX?

By ali6x944

Master (196)

ali6x944's picture

27-02-2019, 21:02

@Gloriou dose the same message appear even when everything is disconnected?
a good place to look is the rom module, maybe plug and unplug them multiple times.

By Gloriou

Expert (122)

Gloriou's picture

28-02-2019, 08:52

ali6x944 wrote:

@Gloriou dose the same message appear even when everything is disconnected?
a good place to look is the rom module, maybe plug and unplug them multiple times.

Will do,
اكيد الجهاز مركون له عشرين سنه زين منه اشتغل ههههههههه
بس الحمد لله، صلحت الفلوبي حقه
وكنسلت الحساسات لأن الجهاز كان يطفا لحاله

Page 2/3
1 | | 3