Carnivore 2: c2man does not find cartridge

Page 6/8
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | 7 | 8

By sdsnatcher73

Paladin (803)

sdsnatcher73's picture

19-02-2020, 14:07

Yes that was the idea, if that works Snatcher English could be played on C2!

By Alexey

Guardian (2636)

Alexey's picture

19-02-2020, 16:28

We will try to find the way to relocate IDE into the second slot and keep SCC+ (and RAM) in the first slot in the next relaese (not in the upcoming one). But that will require some sacrifices - we will have to dump FMPAC's stereo mode to get more logical units inside FPGA. Is there anyone who needs this stereo output anyway?

Here's the changelog for the upcoming release:

http://rbsc.su/en/projects_in_development/#carnivore2

By Grauw

Ascended (8742)

Grauw's picture

19-02-2020, 16:25

I don’t care for it personally, I don’t know what the implementation of the stereo is like (haven’t tried it yet), but FM-PAC is a mono sound chip so whatever you do it will sound unnatural and I would prefer it mono.

By Pencioner

Paragon (1078)

Pencioner's picture

19-02-2020, 16:31

I prefer mono as well

By АIеks

Paladin (790)

АIеks's picture

19-02-2020, 18:26

Your project is not suitable for study and modernization. You are too carried away.

And now you are tormented.

Leave 10..15% of FPGA resources in the future.

By sdsnatcher73

Paladin (803)

sdsnatcher73's picture

20-02-2020, 08:51

Alexey wrote:

We will try to find the way to relocate IDE into the second slot and keep SCC+ (and RAM) in the first slot in the next relaese (not in the upcoming one). But that will require some sacrifices - we will have to dump FMPAC's stereo mode to get more logical units inside FPGA. Is there anyone who needs this stereo output anyway?

Here's the changelog for the upcoming release:

http://rbsc.su/en/projects_in_development/#carnivore2

FM-PAC should be mono anyway.

RAM and SCC+ are the 2 that should be split up. So just moving SCC sound chip to slave slot as you said will do the trick for English Snatcher. Moving complete SCC+ (so chip and 128kB RAM) would be better. Or alternatively (if that is easier) move the RAM mapper to slave slot.

By Alexey

Guardian (2636)

Alexey's picture

20-02-2020, 13:49

We'll see what we could do.

During testing it has been identified, that the dual-slot option doesn't work on Sony HB-55 and HB-75 series MSX1. Even when Carnivore identifies the unused slot correctly, the dual slot doesn't work at all. And the most strange thing is that the emulated slot with number 3 has a priority over the master slot, that is number one. What makes these computers different from the other MSXs?

By djh1697

Paragon (1427)

djh1697's picture

07-03-2020, 22:22

Problem, using sofarun I get an error

*** No external SCC found"

even with a none SCC game such as roadfighter.com

By Louthrax

Prophet (2172)

Louthrax's picture

07-03-2020, 22:42

djh1697 wrote:

Problem, using sofarun I get an error

*** No external SCC found"

even with a none SCC game such as roadfighter.com

Just disable the external SCC or PSG2SCC settings for that game.

By djh1697

Paragon (1427)

djh1697's picture

07-03-2020, 23:13

Louthrax wrote:
djh1697 wrote:

Problem, using sofarun I get an error

*** No external SCC found"

even with a none SCC game such as roadfighter.com

Just disable the external SCC or PSG2SCC settings for that game.

Thank you Smile

Page 6/8
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | 7 | 8