CONNECTING A DAEWOO CPF350 FLOPPY DRIVE TO MSX1 MACHINE

Page 4/4
1 | 2 | 3 |

By rderooy

Champion (318)

rderooy's picture

16-03-2018, 18:03

Not sure what your looking for. Just get the connector and put it on the ribbon cable. Also, make sure you put something non-conductive over the unused edge connector to prevent accidentally causing a short circuit. And when plugging it in, make sure pin1 on the MSX cartridge slot lines up with pin1 on the back of the drive...

By NYYRIKKI

Enlighted (4947)

NYYRIKKI's picture

16-03-2018, 19:18

I don't think there is much magic in it... Most important thing is that you get it right way.
Here is video that shows how it is done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFyFhcmeS2I

By Alaadeen

Rookie (21)

Alaadeen's picture

16-03-2018, 22:09

Excuse my poor English I just dont want to make any mistake

By gdx

Prophet (2090)

gdx's picture

17-03-2018, 02:25

Alaadeen wrote:

Anyone tried to make such a cable or a connector please share your informations

https://www.msx.org/wiki/Expansion_bus_slots
Obviously, check that all information is correct before starting, there may be errors.

By Alaadeen

Rookie (21)

Alaadeen's picture

18-03-2018, 09:28

this is exactly what im looking for
thank you

By Manuel

Ascended (14374)

Manuel's picture

18-03-2018, 18:56

Regarding the expansion bus slots, according to the MCM article about the Expansion Computer Case, the expansion bus of the Goldstar is not compatible with the SVI-728... but I can't really find a difference.... any idea?

See page 62 MCM 2:

Quote:

"Wij gebruikten de Expansion Computer Case bij onze test in eerste instantie in kombinatie met een Spectravideo, althans dat was de bedoeling, want direkt na het aansluiten gaf onze Spectravideo de geest. De oorzaak hiervan lag aan het feit dat de pinbezetting van de expansion interface niet volgens MSX standaard is gedefinieerd. Hierdoor kan elke fabrikant in principe z'n eigen aansluiting maken. Geen situatie om gelukkig mee te zijn, maar het zij zo, daar moet met het aansluiten van randapparatuur goed rekening gehouden worden.
De door ons geteste Expansion Computer Case bleek bedraad te zijn voor de Goldstar computer waarop het apparaat ook voortreffelijk werkte."

But both machines seem to have the pinout the same as the MSX cartridge slot.

By Piter Punk

Master (184)

Piter Punk's picture

19-03-2018, 01:53

Manuel wrote:

Regarding the expansion bus slots, according to the MCM article about the Expansion Computer Case, the expansion bus of the Goldstar is not compatible with the SVI-728... but I can't really find a difference.... any idea?
But both machines seem to have the pinout the same as the MSX cartridge slot.

Maybe the old and good upside down connection?

By gdx

Prophet (2090)

gdx's picture

19-03-2018, 02:30

"Manuel" wrote:

According service manuals the differences are pin 16 and /Busdir signal that is not reversed for the SVI-728 but I think it's a mistake because it's indicated the same for the cartridge slot. So only the pin 16 is different. The extension computer case is probably poorly designed and doesn't work on the SVI-728.

Page 4/4
1 | 2 | 3 |
My MSX profile