EME213-MA - can anyone take a pic of this floppy drive for me?

Page 2/3
1 | | 3

By Meits

Scribe (5302)

Meits's picture

24-02-2019, 03:44

I'll lift its hood this weekend. If I forget, please remind me.

By Meits

Scribe (5302)

Meits's picture

24-02-2019, 19:12

So, I've opened my WSX only to be reminded to the fact that none of all my Panasonic 2+/tR machines still have their original disk drive.
I've been doing some google searching, but only found images from the wrong angle. You can see the caps, but can't read what's printed on them. Too bad. Someone else has to help you.

By hamlet

Scribe (2204)

hamlet's picture

24-02-2019, 19:30

Innit the same drive as in the tR's or are they different?

By Pencioner

Paladin (843)

Pencioner's picture

24-02-2019, 19:45

Rewrite wrote:
Pencioner wrote:

i have photos of board of my A1WX (but not A1WSX - so i'm not sure if it helps)

If the floppy drive is also an EME-213MA then it would help. I'm honestly not sure what drive is in there as I don't have an A1WX.

I don't remember, but i was sure you want an image of the motherboard. If you need an image of the floppy drive's other side then i don't have a picture yet (if you stuck with this and nobody helps until next weekend, i'll take my turn and open computer, maybe with some luck the drives are the same on A1WX ans A1WSX)

By Rewrite

Supporter (9)

Rewrite's picture

24-02-2019, 20:13

Meits wrote:

So, I've opened my WSX only to be reminded to the fact that none of all my Panasonic 2+/tR machines still have their original disk drive.
I've been doing some google searching, but only found images from the wrong angle. You can see the caps, but can't read what's printed on them. Too bad. Someone else has to help you.

Thank you for taking the time to open it up at least! I really appreciate your having tried!

If you've found images that you can see the caps, that's all I need. They're different sizes physically, and that should be enough to get things figured out. I couldn't find pics of that side of the floppy drive PCB to save my life unfortunately. If you could pass them along I'd be /super/ grateful!

By Rewrite

Supporter (9)

Rewrite's picture

24-02-2019, 20:13

hamlet wrote:

Innit the same drive as in the tR's or are they different?

I am not sure Sad.

By Rewrite

Supporter (9)

Rewrite's picture

24-02-2019, 20:14

Pencioner wrote:

I don't remember, but i was sure you want an image of the motherboard. If you need an image of the floppy drive's other side then i don't have a picture yet (if you stuck with this and nobody helps until next weekend, i'll take my turn and open computer, maybe with some luck the drives are the same on A1WX ans A1WSX)

Gotcha, sorry, no, I need a picture of the floppy drive itself. All the pics I've managed to find on-line are of the side with the belt, and I just need the over side, between the connector and the drive motor.

By Meits

Scribe (5302)

Meits's picture

24-02-2019, 21:59

This pic from msxinfo.net is high res, but you can't read the values.

By Pencioner

Paladin (843)

Pencioner's picture

24-02-2019, 22:13

here you can see my drive is EME-213M (without A) so probably pretty close. The picture is pretty old - let me know if that's the side you wanted to see (i for some reason though that you need the bottom, other side)

By Alexey

Guardian (1925)

Alexey's picture

24-02-2019, 22:27

Soon you won't need to use the drives with ribbon cables in those Panasonic MSXs. There will be a solution to put normal drives there. Smile

Page 2/3
1 | | 3
My MSX profile