FDD+IDE controller and Universal Flash ROM cartridge projects + future Multi-soundcard cartridge

Page 11/16
4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

By Alexey

Guardian (2400)

Alexey's picture

22-04-2017, 10:51

erpirao wrote:

Hi Alexey, is there any news of carnivore2 ?, I am very interested in the device.
thank you very much.

There is no news yet. The manufacturer is assembling the test batch. That's all I know.

By Alexey

Guardian (2400)

Alexey's picture

24-04-2017, 02:41

I started to create and upload RCP (Register Configuration Preset) files for Carnivore and Carnivore2 cartridges. These files allow to fix the non-working configuration presets for certain ROMs. The RCP files can be loaded with c2man or cman utilities for any selected ROM entry. See the readme.txt for more info. I will upload more RCP files if I identify more ROMs that don't work with default configuration.

https://github.com/RBSC/Carnivore/tree/master/Presets
https://github.com/RBSC/Carnivore2/tree/master/Presets

By Alexey

Guardian (2400)

Alexey's picture

24-04-2017, 23:03

Tools have been updated - 48kb ROM loading glitch fixed, more RCP files added.

By hardwaremaker

Master (223)

hardwaremaker's picture

24-04-2017, 23:13

Great work Alexey !!!!!

By Alexey

Guardian (2400)

Alexey's picture

27-04-2017, 09:54

I used a similar soldering technique for big chips that is shown in this video starting from 10:00 when assembling the cartridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihgDVlgBY0

As the gaps between the pins are very small, I would recommend to wash away the flux with spirit.

By hardwaremaker

Master (223)

hardwaremaker's picture

27-04-2017, 12:40

Alexey wrote:

I used a similar soldering technique for big chips that is shown in this video starting from 10:00 when assembling the cartridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VihgDVlgBY0

As the gaps between the pins are very small, I would recommend to wash away the flux with spirit.

I use a similar technique, but putting the board in vertical, and the gravity force, makes part of the work with the excess of solder material.

By hardwaremaker

Master (223)

hardwaremaker's picture

29-04-2017, 14:06

What are the functions of the two optional parts of the circuit?

By Alexey

Guardian (2400)

Alexey's picture

30-04-2017, 02:16

hardwaremaker wrote:

What are the functions of the two optional parts of the circuit?

Three actually - 2 transistors and EEPROM. The transistors are for supplying 12V to the flash chip for faster IO, but it's not needed or used in the firmware. The EEPROM can be used for something useful if someone has an idea what could be put there... Wink

Crap, today I assembled another cartridge, but my Altera is f*cked - the HD3 signal on pin 207 is shorted to the ground inside Altera chip. So CF cards are not identified and IDE doesn't work properly. I will ask our engineer whether it's possible to get that signal from one of the unused pins. If not, I will probably still keep this cartridge as FlashROM + RAM + FMPAC + SCC. IDE can be disabled by using a configuration entry.

By hardwaremaker

Master (223)

hardwaremaker's picture

30-04-2017, 02:25

Alexey wrote:

Three actually - 2 transistors and EEPROM. The transistors are for supplying 12V to the flash chip for faster IO, but it's not needed or used in the firmware. The EEPROM can be used for something useful if someone has an idea what could be put there... Wink

Crap, today I assembled another cartridge, but my Altera is f*cked - the HD3 signal on pin 207 is shorted to the ground inside Altera chip. So CF cards are not identified and IDE doesn't work properly. I will ask our engineer whether it's possible to get that signal from one of the unused pins. If not, I will probably still keep this cartridge as FlashROM + RAM + FMPAC + SCC. IDE can be disabled by using a configuration entry.

OK. The cartridge, works fine mounting all this optional components?

By Alexey

Guardian (2400)

Alexey's picture

30-04-2017, 03:10

hardwaremaker wrote:

OK. The cartridge, works fine mounting all this optional components?

Sure. What's the point of soldering them if they are not used? Waste of parts. So don't solder them. Smile

Page 11/16
4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16