FDD+IDE controller and Universal Flash ROM cartridge projects + future Multi-soundcard cartridge

Page 14/16
7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | | 15 | 16

By hardwaremaker

Master (218)

hardwaremaker's picture

27-05-2017, 23:11

The file readme.txt says:

Producing a small amount of bare boards for personal projects and selling the rest of the batch is allowed without the permission of RBSC.

And it's just I maked.

By Alexey

Guardian (2294)

Alexey's picture

28-05-2017, 01:15

hardwaremaker wrote:

The file readme.txt says:
Producing a small amount of bare boards for personal projects and selling the rest of the batch is allowed without the permission of RBSC.
And it's just I maked.

If you are Carmeloco, then what you were saying here contradicts what you are saying on these forums:

http://www.va-de-retro.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=5794
http://www.retrowiki.es/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=976

"He estado buscando los componentes y la cosa es que se podría hacer una tirada, a 95€ la unidad, montado y con envío por correos certificado a españa incluido. Si alguien está interesado, que lo diga, y voy haciendo una lista. Esto lo voy a poner también en algún foro más, de forma que puede que, aunque no se llegue en este a un múltiplo de 10 (lo normal en las tiradas por temas de pedidos de placas) juntando los pedidos de otros foros, se podría hacer."

If I understand correctly, you are planning to sell the assembled cartridges for 95 euros or sell the DIY kits. Our agreement says that you can sell only the bare boards left from the batch, nothing else. You did not ask us for authorization to produce the assembled cartridges or sell DIY kits. So whatever you are doing violates the agreement.

By hardwaremaker

Master (218)

hardwaremaker's picture

28-05-2017, 01:44

Alexey wrote:
hardwaremaker wrote:

The file readme.txt says:
Producing a small amount of bare boards for personal projects and selling the rest of the batch is allowed without the permission of RBSC.
And it's just I maked.

If you are Carmeloco, then what you were saying here contradicts what you are saying on these forums:

http://www.va-de-retro.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=5794
http://www.retrowiki.es/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=976

"He estado buscando los componentes y la cosa es que se podría hacer una tirada, a 95€ la unidad, montado y con envío por correos certificado a españa incluido. Si alguien está interesado, que lo diga, y voy haciendo una lista. Esto lo voy a poner también en algún foro más, de forma que puede que, aunque no se llegue en este a un múltiplo de 10 (lo normal en las tiradas por temas de pedidos de placas) juntando los pedidos de otros foros, se podría hacer."

If I understand correctly, you are planning to sell the assembled cartridges for 95 euros or the DIY kits. Our agreement says that you can sell only the bare boards left from the batch, nothing else. You did not ask us for authorization to produce the assembled cartridges or sell DIY kits. So whatever you are doing violates the agreement.

OK. I misunderstood the agreement. I think that I can make a small quantity of boards. I don't want to make any business with this. I want 2 boards for me, and I maked the rest for the guys of the spanish forums. This guys, don't knows to mount SMD boards, and they asked me if I can mount the boards for them. The price, includes the the materials of the board, the shipment to spain, and a little prize for mount the board. I mount the boards manually, and I take a entire day for mount one board. This is not a work for me. This is an entertainment for me, and a way to get this fantastic project to more people. When I started this, there was no distributor, and some people without the knowledge of mount SMD boards, couldn't enjoy the project. Now, I buyed all the materials, and I need to sell the boards for recover the investment.
If I broken the agreement, I apologize for it. It was not my intention.
At all times I wanted to collaborate in everything that was within my reach, as betatester, notifying mounting problems, as the problem with the flash chip that was not correctly described in the partslist, and now I'm testing the board in many computers, and I see that don't works well on a Philips VG-8020, and with Aleste game I don't hear the FMPAC music in a NMS-8245.

What is the way to correct the problem with the agreement?

By Alexey

Guardian (2294)

Alexey's picture

28-05-2017, 04:18

hardwaremaker wrote:

What is the way to correct the problem with the agreement?

Please contact me via e-mail from my profile on this forum to discuss further options.

Very few games may be incompatible with the Carnivore2 hardware. The Aleste doesn't like FMPAC in the same expanded slot, so you won't hear the music if you start the game from the cartridge with enabled FMPAC. However if you set the cartridge to work as FMPAC only and start Aleste from a device in a different slot, you will hear the music.

By hardwaremaker

Master (218)

hardwaremaker's picture

28-05-2017, 08:58

I tryed to configure the cartridge as only FMPAC and without the extended slot, and booted from a DSK version of aleste, and neither sounds. Using the same DSK, with a real FMPAC cartridge inserted in the same slot, sounds well.
Any other FMPAC compatible game for test the board?

By hardwaremaker

Master (218)

hardwaremaker's picture

28-05-2017, 14:16

This is the problem with the VG-8020:

By Alexey

Guardian (2294)

Alexey's picture

28-05-2017, 15:01

Digged my old 8020 from the closet, the problem is confirmed. It appears that the computer doesn't like something we are doing with screen setting, pallette or fonts at the boot block startup. I will take a look into the code ASAP. Thanks for the report.

By hamlet

Scribe (2419)

hamlet's picture

28-05-2017, 15:05

Nice that you´ve already have a 8020 to test!

By Alexey

Guardian (2294)

Alexey's picture

28-05-2017, 15:41

I have a very limited amount of MSX1 machines: only my Yamaha YIS503II and this Philips 8020. Looks like addressing port #9A on MSX1 with 9918 VDP causes this side effect. My Yamaha MSX1 seems to have 9938 VDP, so this trick with the palette worked fine. Looks like I will have to make a modification for the boot block to detect MSX1s with 9918/9928.

By Alexey

Guardian (2294)

Alexey's picture

28-05-2017, 17:57

The problem with the 9918 VDP is fixed, please get the new boot block from our repository.

Carnivore:
https://github.com/RBSC/Carnivore/tree/master/BootBlock

Carnivore2:
https://github.com/RBSC/Carnivore2/tree/master/Bootblock

Page 14/16
7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | | 15 | 16