FDD+IDE controller and Universal Flash ROM cartridge projects + future Multi-soundcard cartridge

Page 9/16
2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

By hardwaremaker

Master (223)

hardwaremaker's picture

26-03-2017, 12:48

I see the files of the Carnibore2 cartridge in the repository but, do you have any "first steps manual" for after mount the board?
I don't see any "firmware write" manual or procedure for after the board was mounted.

By Alexey

Guardian (2382)

Alexey's picture

26-03-2017, 15:01

hardwaremaker wrote:

I see the files of the Carnibore2 cartridge in the repository but, do you have any "first steps manual" for after mount the board?
I don't see any "firmware write" manual or procedure for after the board was mounted.

Did you check the readme.txt file in the Tools folder? I will copy it to the DOC folder too.

By hardwaremaker

Master (223)

hardwaremaker's picture

26-03-2017, 17:44

Alexey wrote:
hardwaremaker wrote:

I see the files of the Carnibore2 cartridge in the repository but, do you have any "first steps manual" for after mount the board?
I don't see any "firmware write" manual or procedure for after the board was mounted.

Did you check the readme.txt file in the Tools folder? I will copy it to the DOC folder too.

OK, thanks !!!!
I see the readme.txt in tools folder.

By hardwaremaker

Master (223)

hardwaremaker's picture

26-03-2017, 18:28

I'm readind the readme.txt, but I don't understand this point of the "How to enable the cartridge and install ROMs":

1. Make sure that all 3 BIN files (BIDECMFC.BIN, BOOTCMFC.BIN, FMPCCMFC.BIN) are in the same folder with the utilities

What folder? Where do I have to put these files? I need a floppy disk to put the files?

By Alexey

Guardian (2382)

Alexey's picture

26-03-2017, 18:32

hardwaremaker wrote:

I'm readind the readme.txt, but I don't understand this point of the "How to enable the cartridge and install ROMs":
1. Make sure that all 3 BIN files (BIDECMFC.BIN, BOOTCMFC.BIN, FMPCCMFC.BIN) are in the same folder with the utilities
What folder? Where do I have to put these files? I need a floppy disk to put the files?

You can program the cartridge's ROMs only on MSX. So yes, you need a floppy drive to boot to MSX-DOS and run the utility. The BIN files must be in the same folder with the utility.

By jrodriguezv

Resident (46)

jrodriguezv's picture

28-03-2017, 22:22

Alexey wrote:

To all those people who were asking us about the fully assembled cartridge - there is now hope for you to get what you were asking for! More details later.

Any news about It? :-)

By Alexey

Guardian (2382)

Alexey's picture

29-03-2017, 14:32

Yes, there is some good progress. But please be patient. Smile

By hardwaremaker

Master (223)

hardwaremaker's picture

04-04-2017, 17:13

Hi Alexey.
Do you have any tool for test all the features of the Carnivore2 cartridge in a MSX1 computer?

By Alexey

Guardian (2382)

Alexey's picture

04-04-2017, 21:13

hardwaremaker wrote:

Hi Alexey.
Do you have any tool for test all the features of the Carnivore2 cartridge in a MSX1 computer?

What kind of tools? Our tests were mostly for the normal usage of the cartridge. This means starting the computer with different settings for the cartridge, using the disk drive for common file operations, loading and running games from the flash and from the disk. I tried around 100 different games. The only external tools I used were Testram and Testmap - those were used to test the RAM and the mapper on the cartridge.

By hardwaremaker

Master (223)

hardwaremaker's picture

05-04-2017, 09:42

Alexey wrote:

What kind of tools? Our tests were mostly for the normal usage of the cartridge. This means starting the computer with different settings for the cartridge, using the disk drive for common file operations, loading and running games from the flash and from the disk. I tried around 100 different games. The only external tools I used were Testram and Testmap - those were used to test the RAM and the mapper on the cartridge.

Thanks Alexey !!!!
From where I can download the testram and testmap?
And what I can use for test the audio?

Page 9/16
2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14