SFG-01/05 module clone

Page 8/9
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | | 9

By Alexey

Paragon (1163)

Alexey's picture

25-07-2017, 21:59

I've just assembled the last one of 3 planned SFG cartridges. This cartridge and its adapter board will be for sale or for trading for some interesting MSX hardware. Here's the photo:

I wonder what's such cartridge and the adapter board is worth without casing. Does 70 euro sound like a reasonable price for it?

By hamlet

Paladin (853)

hamlet's picture

25-07-2017, 22:17

70 Euro would be a nice price! This is a amazing work, Alexey!

By Tabajara-Labs

Resident (63)

Tabajara-Labs's picture

22-09-2017, 05:49

Hi there Alexey! Just built one of the big boards, I'd love to print this case to use in my board. Any news about releasing the STL files?
Thanks a lot, and CONGRATULATIONS for such a nice work. I always wanted to have a SFG-05.

Also, take a look in what I did in my YIS Smile
http://tabajara-labs.blogspot.com/2017/04/transformando-o-yi...
http://tabajara-labs.blogspot.com/2017/05/transformando-o-yi...
http://tabajara-labs.blogspot.com/2017/05/transformando-o-yi...

By Alexey

Paragon (1163)

Alexey's picture

22-09-2017, 13:25

Unfortunately the current model is not accurate. I printed the case on my own cost and it appears that the board doesn't fit properly. We will modify the model for the board to fit perfectly, but this will take time as our engineer needs to get and assemble the board first. However I can provide you with the model for your own experiments.

By Tabajara-Labs

Resident (63)

Tabajara-Labs's picture

23-09-2017, 03:22

Please, Alexey. I'll try to mod it here. If sucessfull, I'll pass it back to you

By Alexey

Paragon (1163)

Alexey's picture

23-09-2017, 04:29

Tabajara-Labs wrote:

Please, Alexey. I'll try to mod it here. If sucessfull, I'll pass it back to you

Ok, please contact me using the e-mail address from my profile and I will share the model with you.

By qwerty69

Resident (34)

qwerty69's picture

23-09-2017, 16:25

Beware. The altera chip is an SMD component and must be soldered by robots or people with very special skills. Alexei you should not sell these boards to regular people without these skills. At least you should tell the whole truth.

By Grauw

Enlighted (6173)

Grauw's picture

23-09-2017, 18:09

qwerty69 wrote:

Alexei you should not sell these boards to regular people without these skills. At least you should tell the whole truth.

I think that it has SMD components is obvious, there are plenty of people using them in the MSX scene, and those who don’t but have some familiarity with a soldering iron can learn if they feel confident about it (there’s always a first time for anyone). Drag soldering doesn’t seem too difficult, though it may take a few tries for a first-timer. Why would I need to hand over an electronics degree certificate? The risk is my choice, isn’t it?

By Alexey

Paragon (1163)

Alexey's picture

23-09-2017, 22:12

qwerty69 wrote:

Beware. The altera chip is an SMD component and must be soldered by robots or people with very special skills. Alexei you should not sell these boards to regular people without these skills. At least you should tell the whole truth.

This is funny. Smile I am selling the boards to adults and these adults should know what they are doing. The pictures of the bare and assembled boards are always available on the forum, so people can estimate whether they have enough soldering skills before buying the boards. So far I had no returns.

By Tabajara-Labs

Resident (63)

Tabajara-Labs's picture

24-09-2017, 07:24

qwerty69 wrote:

Get a life.

Page 8/9
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | | 9
My MSX profile