Super turbo PCB layout

Page 1/13
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

By Gregory

Master (163)

Gregory's picture

20-04-2021, 17:52

I was wondering if someone has the pcb-layout for the Super Turbo clock upgrade.
The link on Hans Ottens files is broken.

Login or register to post comments

By Jipe

Paragon (1488)

Jipe's picture

20-04-2021, 19:28

By Gregory

Master (163)

Gregory's picture

21-04-2021, 02:51

Same problem, the link to the PCB layout (on bottom of webpage) doesn't work.

By Jipe

Paragon (1488)

Jipe's picture

21-04-2021, 07:30

search MSX Super Turbo
and click on the link : This article in zip format

By SkalTura

Champion (325)

SkalTura's picture

21-04-2021, 10:09

I can make a Gerber PCB layout (or JPG, PDF) if you want.
Work in electronics for well over 25 years professionally now, and already more than 35 years as a hobby... ;-)

By Gregory

Master (163)

Gregory's picture

21-04-2021, 18:12

Jipe wrote:

search MSX Super Turbo
and click on the link : This article in zip format

Thanks Jipe, gound it in the zip file! Smile

By Gregory

Master (163)

Gregory's picture

21-04-2021, 18:37

SkalTura wrote:

I can make a Gerber PCB layout (or JPG, PDF) if you want.
Work in electronics for well over 25 years professionally now, and already more than 35 years as a hobby... ;-)

Could you make the PCB the size of a Z80 CPU (40 pin DIP), so it can sit on top of the processor like was done with the first versions of the 7mhz clock upgrade. This means also SMD components for IC2 and IC3 (but thats no problem).

By sdsnatcher73

Paragon (1978)

sdsnatcher73's picture

21-04-2021, 21:03

I wonder if instead of putting it on top of the Z80 one could design the print to sit between the socket and the Z80?

By jltursan

Prophet (2520)

jltursan's picture

21-04-2021, 21:18

sdsnatcher73 wrote:

I wonder if instead of putting it on top of the Z80 one could design the print to sit between the socket and the Z80?

+1

By SkalTura

Champion (325)

SkalTura's picture

23-04-2021, 07:37

Quote:

Could you make the PCB the size of a Z80 CPU (40 pin DIP), so it can sit on top of the processor like was done with the first versions of the 7mhz clock upgrade. This means also SMD components for IC2 and IC3 (but thats no problem).

Sure, if you send me the schematic, I'll give it a go over the coming days...

By SkalTura

Champion (325)

SkalTura's picture

23-04-2021, 07:38

Quote:

I wonder if instead of putting it on top of the Z80 one could design the print to sit between the socket and the Z80?

That should be no problem, did it with an Atari 2600 also.
But the best solution for doing something like this is to have it shifted a bit, so they are not directly above each other in order to have a bit of room to solder some pins in place.

Page 1/13
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6