Hamlets insanely christmas quiz 2017

Page 1/110
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

By hamlet

Scribe (2399)

hamlet's picture

01-12-2017, 02:00

Another year is over, let´s start a new quiz!

Maybe you have joined the last years christmas quiz, you already know that the goal is to have fun.
Besides that there are fantastic prizes to win, once again (and a special santa contest on 6th of december).
If you are new here, don´t mind, there will be a chance for everyone. And every point could be and will be important at the end.

I will post a quiz on a random time daily until 23th of december. We will have an easy start this time:
My daughter is holding one of her favourite computer here:

What modell it is?

First one who will post this IN SIXTEEN HOURS FROM NOW will get the famous first point.

The one who is gathering the most points on 23th of december will have the free choise of one of the prices, the second serves after and so on. Nonetheless there will be some special prices in between.
Some of the quests will have a time limit, some will make the first, nearest or best answer, others will set you a timeline to answer (like this one) in open post or private message.

Be sure everybody will have a chance to win, there are riddles for beginners or John Hassinks included.

Of course everyone is welcome to comment!
So have fun, see you tomorrow!

Be sure not to post the answer before 18:00 o´clock CET (UTC+1). First right answer will earn the winning point.
Except tfh, he would get 1.75 points. But that´s another story.

Login or register to post comments

By ren

Paragon (1215)

ren's picture

01-12-2017, 15:12

-snip- (answer was here, Meits witness Wink --

-edit: cool pic(s) of your daughter Wink

And why is John Hassink a seperate category? Wink

By Meits

Scribe (5458)

Meits's picture

01-12-2017, 15:09

ey ren, you're too early Tongue

By ren

Paragon (1215)

ren's picture

01-12-2017, 15:44

Oh.. seems there's some contradicting info here:

Quote:

First one who will post this IN SIXTEEN HOURS FROM NOW will get the famous first point.

and:

Quote:

Be sure not to post the answer before 18:00 o´clock CET (UTC+1). First right answer will earn the winning point.

I acted upon the first statement, seems I missed the 2nd..

(Guess it was late @Hamlet? Wink (edit: irrelevant, my molestake))

By hamlet

Scribe (2399)

hamlet's picture

01-12-2017, 15:18

I heard of absolute professionals, god like Msx users and John Hassink. Isn´t it true that he can name every MSX tune blindfoldet, unterwater, backward played on a didgeridoo? So I thought he´s worth a extra category...
It´s true what Meits said, please post your solution after 6pm. Posting was 2am plus 16 hours is 18 pm.
Of course you are welcome to make suggestions or help John...

By Louthrax

Prophet (2076)

Louthrax's picture

01-12-2017, 15:25

ren wrote:

And why is John Hassink a seperate category? Wink

Source from Wikipedia: "The John Hassinks (plural) is a category of MSX people always winning at quizzes in MSX fairs. The John Hassinks can recognize an MSX game in 0.5 seconds just beeing shown a 2x2 pixels area, leaving absolutely no hope to normal participants. Name's derived from real John Hassink, and is now part of common MSX language".

By ren

Paragon (1215)

ren's picture

01-12-2017, 16:24

Shit.. I interpreted the statement as WITHIN instead of IN.. Sorry for that.. (blame my enthusiasm Tongue)

Quote:

plural

Nah just singular (like the earlier Xmas quiz announcement post). There's just one John Hassink right? Wink

Btw isn't gdx the hardcore competitor in this quiz?
(One reason I didn't bother competing last time was that it was rather hw oriented, hope there will be some other stuff as well in this year's quiz Wink If there's stuff that fits the sw/game/music/JH department, I'm up for it as well Wink)

By hamlet

Scribe (2399)

hamlet's picture

01-12-2017, 16:59

Yes, there are bets that count gdx first, second, third and fifth. There is a little chance to get a fourth place.
For John only, of course.
There will be also some sw based quests, tomorrow will be a mixture. Ah, no. The old story, you know?

By ren

Paragon (1215)

ren's picture

01-12-2017, 17:58

6.00 PM yet?? Wink

By ren

Paragon (1215)

ren's picture

01-12-2017, 18:00

I'm guessing Sony HB-75 (specifically the HB-75B perhaps?) Wink

By hamlet

Scribe (2399)