The 2019 christmas quiz!

Page 9/38
2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

By tfh

Prophet (2377)

tfh's picture

06-12-2019, 09:29

ren wrote:

@tfh: when I asked 'tell me', I didn't actually expect you to tell me.. (and everyone else having trouble id-ing this) (other than perhaps a misleading answer.. Wink)

Well... If you ask for something, you have the risk of getting an answer Smile

Quote:

So for real: who actually found this after tfh's spoilers? Even posting a screenshot! (That should've been TheKid's/hamlet's job.)

Well, since Hamlet posted this:

hamlet wrote:

Remy said, take this balloon question. Nobady will solve this riddle, he said. So you can keep the C2 for yourself, he said. And now it seems, everybody except ren knews the answer...

I just wanted to help you. Don't worry... I won't try to do that anymore. Sad

And as for that extra point: No worries... I do not intend on winning. I'm not joining the competition for a prize, but just for the fun!

By hamlet

Scribe (3189)

hamlet's picture

06-12-2019, 09:46

Nobody submitted an answer after posting the screenshot by tfh, so it was ok for me.
And the double points for tfh are a Pi, so it is fun like Jonnie who get points by knowing answers days before. Do not know how he did, but must be true. It is written there. Hannibal
And I don't want to be rude here or do cencorship in this tread. As TheKid mentioned I'm sorry when people get the solution in the internet after 30 seconds. On the other side, I can't get too deep into MSX secrets (I've done before and I will do, when there it will come to a head to head race) to make it possible for everybody to join. it is a small path, you know.
And I'm happy about new tasks from the community. So get your horses run.

By ren

Paragon (1495)

ren's picture

06-12-2019, 10:38

tfh wrote:

Well... If you ask for something, you have the risk of getting an answer Smile

Okay, got a point there Wink

tfh wrote:

Well, since Hamlet posted this: [...]

I missed that post, although hamlet is goofing around as well all the time, so you can't be sure if he's truthful there.

If that's the case, then np, and that must mean sdsnatcher73 found out the answer by himself between 19:28 & 20:12 Wink

tfh wrote:

I just wanted to help you. Don't worry... I won't try to do that anymore.

Thanks, your very first post was helpful & appreciated, but, since this is a competition (of sorts Wink), pointing (too) straightforward to the solution isn't the purpose I think? (Whether it's me you're helping or anyone else..)

tfh wrote:

I'm not joining the competition for a prize, but just for the fun!

Yes, that's cool, it should be fun, though some folks might be a bit more competitive Wink

By Meits

Scribe (5941)

Meits's picture

06-12-2019, 11:10

ren wrote:

@Meits: your search is a bit different than tfh's though. When are you moving? Wink

I get the key next wednesday and will get a concrete bunker, so it will need a lot of care to turn it into a home...
Though! I won't be working there for the complete duration of me being awake. I just will have less time.

On topic: If the difficulty curve remains as steap as it got by today's quest, I think I can wave goodbye to the prospect of owning a Carnivore 2... Will have to keep on being one myself then

By tfh

Prophet (2377)

tfh's picture

06-12-2019, 11:27

hamlet wrote:

And the double points for tfh are a Pi.

Well, that ,14159265.... could come in handy in the end! Hannibal

By dan

Expert (109)

dan's picture

06-12-2019, 12:57

Oh I missed a nice chat yesterday... musical tasks, sound-bites quests, deeping into MSX secrets? It seems the quizz is getting harder next days... where's the save game menu?

By Pencioner

Scribe (1149)

Pencioner's picture

06-12-2019, 13:48

dan wrote:

where's the save game menu?

That's MMORPG so no saves Face

By hamlet

Scribe (3189)

hamlet's picture

07-12-2019, 01:29

Wonderful cover, isn't it?

ren            IIII-I
John Hassink   IIIIII IIII
Meits          III-II
dan            IIIIII
gdx            -I--I-
Manuel         -I-III
tfh            -I--∏I
Pencioner      -I--I-
sdsnatcher73   -IIIII
TheKid         ----I-

Day 7.
Let see, what ya guess is this piece of hardware.

Send your right answer to DieAntwoord@gmx.net on Saturday 7th.

By Meits

Scribe (5941)

Meits's picture

07-12-2019, 02:09

That was an easy one

By dan

Expert (109)

dan's picture

07-12-2019, 09:30

Pencioner wrote:

no saves Face

damn!