Bug on GFX9000 output and title bar window error

Page 2/2
1 |

By Manuel

Ascended (14325)

Manuel's picture

12-04-2018, 21:14

Added videosource to the OSD menu. It was easy enough and I understand that it's useful for programs that do not support the Video9000 switching bit.

By DrWh0

Hero (621)

DrWh0's picture

13-04-2018, 17:34

Manuel wrote:

Added videosource to the OSD menu. It was easy enough and I understand that it's useful for programs that do not support the Video9000 switching bit.

Only adding this option makes a lot of games works now, I have already compiled the source and works great now

By DrWh0

Hero (621)

DrWh0's picture

13-04-2018, 18:01

Hi again Manuel

Yes, I knew about F12 key but the problem persisted even then, with new internal option the problem is solved completely, thank you very much Smile

I already saw the menu option there but if you don´t have a mouse connected for example using a raspberry/pc with only a keyboard without that key the option is useless also if you capture msx mouse with pc mouse you have the same problem.

Also some laptop keyboards does not have that key, for example my linux laptop, a HP Pavilion 15-p014ns does not have it and combinations of 3 keys to avoid that issue does not work on openmsx so is a big usability issue for me, also I noticed the problem using a bluetooth keyboard and some multimedia keyboards.

Chance of changing menu hotkey -> First usability problem for me (8 of 10)

Adding the remaining options of catapult to OSD -> Linux users will thank you for that because most of compile issues on older linux distributions are catapult related not with openmsx itself (9 of 10)

Do you have any plans to distribute openmsx also as Appimage package for linux boxes?

That would be a great addition to download page because it makes compatible with almost all newer linux versions and makes easy to use openmsx without adding ppas or compiling yourself (7 of 10)

By Manuel

Ascended (14325)

Manuel's picture

13-04-2018, 21:16

You can also couple the main menu to any other key on the PC keyboard of course. Use the bind command and next time you can simply toggle it with a hotkey! MENU is just the default. Change to whatever is comfortable for you.

About these remaining options: can you tell me whether they're actually useful? As I said I don't expect anyone to really use them ever, unless you have some really specific use case.

I have no plans for an Appimage, I have no idea how to do that. But anyone is welcome to do that and submit the patches or a full description on how to do that.

Note that I am a Linux user myself Smile

By DrWh0

Hero (621)

DrWh0's picture

14-04-2018, 16:45

I need to use internal firmware button option sometimes for some reasons (i have a couple of projects that need to test with the button button pressed and not) and I would like to have a full screen msx experience without having to go to windowed mode or writing commands

For Appimage building if you have spare time or curious, here you have a tutorial with real examples (currently i am waiting for next ubuntu lts to change my mint box so i cannot test properly on real hardware version 14):

https://www.booleanworld.com/creating-linux-apps-run-anywher...

For people reading this is an appimage introduction:

https://itsfoss.com/use-appimage-linux/

Thanks in advance for your time :)

By Manuel

Ascended (14325)

Manuel's picture

14-04-2018, 22:05

For firmware you can of course also bind a hotkey if you like.

Page 2/2
1 |
My MSX profile