V9990 and internal VDP images side by side

By tvalenca

Paladin (687)

tvalenca's picture

07-07-2018, 22:49

I already know that it's not possible to openMSX show two separate windows containing each VDP image separately. So I ask: Is it possible to display the two images side by side?

Login or register to post comments

By Manuel

Ascended (14378)

Manuel's picture

08-07-2018, 00:03

Of course it would be possible, but it would also mean a lot of work in the openMSX code.

In the mean time you could just create a hotkey to quickly switch between the 2 modes. Wouldn't that be almost just as usable?

By Parn

Champion (303)

Parn's picture

08-07-2018, 12:53

I think he means it would be useful to have a way of displaying both video outputs side by side, just like in a real MSX with a common V9990 cartridge. This way you can instantly see whatever you are trying to do. A hotkey is a nice workaround but it can get old fast when you use it dozens of times in a short time.

By Manuel

Ascended (14378)

Manuel's picture

08-07-2018, 13:10

In a real MSX you can only do that with 2 screens. But anyway, I understood him correctly, I think. So my answer is still valid...

Can hot keys get old? Smile Anyway, there's no other way for now. As I said, making 2 displays at the same time would mean a lot of changes to the openMSX code, so that is not likely to happen soon.

By tvalenca

Paladin (687)

tvalenca's picture

08-07-2018, 20:49

don't take me wrong: I still prefer Video9000 approach. the point is I am right now studying V9990 VDP, and best on this case is to have each VDP on its screen. Also, I don't have a functional MSX right now, so I'm using openMSX.

My MSX profile