The 100 dollar notebook

Page 12/13
5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | | 13

By RegalSin

Supporter (14)

RegalSin's picture

11-08-2008, 23:46

In terms of this movement to give countries that could careless about computers more computers this is bad idea.

In China factory workers sit around on breaks watching the television. While not one person reads a book asides for the under paid manager who went to college. Now people will be going on the internet all day instead for no apparent reason.

Think about all the "net crime" that has been around since the introductury of computers. Account theft, identity theft and upgrade, wierdo's who can be deadly, and most important a lag of wasting time.

While somebody could use Wikipedia to be honest I dislike such things. Wikipedia, Myspace, and even Youtube has limited the internt and dumb it down even further.

Myspace makes the most uncomputer saviest person make webpages that seems proffesionalized. I found one guys card who claims to a model agency on the beach of some sort. Apparently he is handing his card out to girls there. Then I visited his webpage not only to find him using other peoples images but some of women there too. Then he even claims to be a bikini designer ( which he is not ). I also found another guy who is gone gothic but apparently I knew his mom from the AOL days. The point is that Myspace demolishes the learning part of making a webpage and immediatly makes everybody looks like a computer pro. I mean I am in college and find a instructor telling people to use Myspace.

Wikipedia limits peoples ability to search for data. Thanks to Wikipedia people can just go there and pretend to know something that they don't. I mean image a con-artist who just spend a couple of hours reading a wiki to use against a oppenent. It is like me negotiating business with somebody. Then when somebody like me tries to make a FAQS like msx.org for example nobody reads it. Some people might even be negative towards other webpages with information on it and prefer Wikipedia.

Another thing is that while Wikipedia is simple like basically as simple as a five year old making a webpage with a search function. It kinda makes the point of making a webpage pointless for some people. People will be like ( how could I ever counter wikipedia ).

Lastly the biggest evil of them all Youtube. Getting videos from the web was a fun thing before Youtube. I mean now when I look all I find is stuff that could be considered illegal along with stuff that eventually gets put onto Youtube. I mean I could upload a video and some nut would put it on Youtube only to then complain and have it taken down. Youtube makes people search less for videos or video sections go unused.

Also the low quality while watchable makes Youtube into a even more terrible video then regular television. I go into a teenagers room only to find them watching a little youtube screen on there computer. Youtube is even worst then cable television for children. Why should a teenage or even adult watch a small screen ( or even big one ) when they got a real tv.

On top of that being at the computer desk too long can be terrible for the body. I have gotten pimples of sorts from the cool but warm temperature of the computer I am at. Imagine kids who should be outside playing but instead starts using computers.

About students. Students are kids and once they graduate they can finally go out into the world and be successfull. In USA they use student ratio to determine racial tones in various zones. Students are children, kiddies, babies, and most students tends to be dumbfounded. I go to college and see people doing the work which they have no intention of doing at all. Then what is sad is how these students just happens to be lucky. Lastly students along with proffessors if not most people seems to only choose people based on looks.

Also who is going to buy these notebooks. I tell you who people like us who just wants to get our hands on it. People who probably could afford a real Labtop and buys ten of these for the offices. People who find it affordable then to buy something that is expensive.

This is a terrible idea and it is going to hurt the enviorment and the last thing places like South America and Africa needs is more technocrap.

Look at China and the cellphone computer craze. They use them to snap pictures of everything and everybody. They even record face off between the goverment and public offenders.

Then the students there have been limited to the internet. In China the population if any barely has internet access and 20's dubbed ( students ) seem to be the only ones who do have any access.

About donating. My college sends stuff to other colleges. They upgrade everything from furniture to lab equipment. Then that inturn get donated to public schools and the following that leads to worldwide donations.

However they also participated in that scam E-waste. There is no way you could recycle a computer that was in use just last year. The idea was the cables was leaking lead and could cause problems for people.

Personally writing with computers has been a terrible exprience for me. It kinda kills the point of writing itself. Also back then if you can remember somebody wrote an entire thiesus on a computer and everybody was shocked for some reason. Some saying the writer turn the light on the computer down.

I feel writing on paper along with record keeping is best. Some people might even thimk is wrong. In a fire it is more likely computer data will get burnt compared to the paper data. Computer data

About research and studies. A computer does not help at all. Basically it just made people say the same thing I was saying since 2001 " I don't need the real product I could just use the computer" and tons of people thinks they should just use the digital version of everything.

Image people emulating games. Now people will think nothing of the games that they have there and cause business to close down. There is too little consumer power in these places to hand out freebies.

About freebies. If you give somebody a fish they will eat for one day but if you teach somebody to fish they will eat for life. They are just going to cause people to use thing like a toy and they wont learn anything they will just play around with it like a kid.

About sexaul content. This is the worst thing ever. People is already uploading stuff from all over the world in civilized societies. People doing to same in "lesser" places is even worst. I have already seen the sexual content from other places and it sickens me. Just criminals who know that nobody knows there face so it okay to upload the material. The Southern America's along with Africa does not needs for more stuff to be uploaded. I mean for the love of all South Africa is the deemed the rape capital of the world. Rape bloody capital world does not need more internet then it already has.

Yes we need more developers to take our jobs. Thanks to all the fine dandy upgrade in school policies like no behavior procentile, 65% is no longer passing, and a half and half year in highschool expriement people in other countries who have no such laws or don't care about these changes get by way better then people in the USA. Imagine people from India coming here to do my job and get the amount I get only to transfer that money to there homes. This is the most biggest mistake in the American way of life. Immigrants who have no intention of converting to western living making our money worth less.

Now with these computer freebies you will have people from other nations getting more info on the USA before they jump borders. It is something that is insane to even think about. However that is the truth. I say if anybody is going to get anything they will have to get the same way we did, by luck and by faith.

Wow so not only in China there is free internet, electric, and water but now these parts of the world. Next they are going to start kicking people out of there homes. These educational
notebooks which I have seen a kind in my college ( the one that appeared in robocop III ) while good a regular notebook is the best for educational in terms of randomness and good consumers. You are given free notebooks in any college and every school does not need to send these directly to homes. I could only see more problems arising with places with newer installations.

By AuroraMSX

Paragon (1902)

AuroraMSX's picture

13-08-2008, 09:55

The point is that Myspace demolishes the learning part of making a webpage and immediatly makes everybody looks like a computer pro.If you think MySpace looks professional, then I suggest you go out, get a coloring book and some crayons and call that a collection of Picassos.
I mean I am in collegeYou must be kidding me! I would've guessed kindergarten...
Wikipedia limits peoples ability to search for data.Then what are you doing at this institution called MRC? This enormous web site must definitely be limiting your views and opinions on MSX!
Thanks to Wikipedia people can just go there and pretend to know something that they don't. I mean image a con-artist who just spend a couple of hours reading a wiki to use against a oppenent. It is like me negotiating business with somebody. Then when somebody like me tries to make a FAQS like msx.org for example nobody reads it.Now, here you've completely lost me. Even William Burrough's "Naked Lunch"is easier to follow and understand...
Getting videos from the web was a fun thing before Youtube.No, it wasn't.
I go into a teenagers roomWhoot?!
Why should a teenage or even adult watch a small screen ( or even big one ) when they got a real tv.Oh, you've got me there.
On top of that being at the computer desk too long can be terrible for the body. I have gotten pimples of sorts from the cool but warm temperature of the computer I am at.Pimples... Is that really your greatest worry about computer use? Go read Wikipedia and search for "repetitive strain injury", that's something to worry about!
Lastly students along with proffessors if not most people seems to only choose people based on looks.Ah, the pimples acting up again, eh?
(...and on and on and on...)Shit, my father taught me not to feed the trolls, and here I am...

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5591)

JohnHassink's picture

13-08-2008, 16:06

i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2224826/Monitor-main_Full.jpg

By RegalSin

Supporter (14)

RegalSin's picture

13-08-2008, 22:09

I was making a attempt to respond to the entire thread. So I just laid it out without looking back. There is no cat* jumping on my keyboard typing at random. I am no Engrish major yet.
Personally I have been attempting to convert to another language and living standards.

If you think MySpace looks professional,

I know that it is not proffessional but millions of people who never grewed up with computers like I have think it is. Then many more think's that Myspace is the numba one stop to building a webpage. Look the lowlives ( minors, minorities, the common man human ) rule this world and they are the ones who is going to take a change in anything. All for a long time I ever heard from peoples mouths is Myspace, Myspace, Myspace. Therefore investors will take advantage of this.

This enormous web site must definitely be limiting your views and opinions on MSX

People when searching Msx will most likely click the wikipedia instead of this webpage itself. Making this webpage completely shadowed by wikipedia force. They might even get a award that this website should get just for combining all the information on the net.

No, it wasn't.

Look back then some people would have a few screens with videos. Searching the net for these videos was one of the most funnest things to do. Now if you try it you would be lucky to find anything. I myself enjoy the treasure hunt for videos on the net, instead of seeing youtube with every blasted thing uploaded.

I mean these people upload a video on youtube is like giving attribute to the beast of capitalism when they could be withdrawing instead. I mean all they have to do is make a few windows up.

* Maybe a bird, there is a bird we got that tends to dominate the keyboards. Before we got the dog she would even walk around freely biting at our toes when we got too close, since I almost steped on her a couple of times.

By RobertVroemisse

Paragon (1305)

RobertVroemisse's picture

14-08-2008, 09:57

* Maybe a bird, there is a bird we got that tends to dominate the keyboards. Before we got the dog she would even walk around freely biting at our toes when we got too close, since I almost steped on her a couple of times.

WTF Question
Is there ANYONE who knows what kind of drugs this guy is on? If so, give me some. Wink

By xgipe

Champion (397)

xgipe's picture

14-08-2008, 12:08

In terms of this movement to give countries that could careless about computers more computers this is bad idea.

In China factory workers sit around on breaks watching the television. While not one person reads a book asides for the under paid manager who went to college. Now people will be going on the internet all day instead for no apparent reason {...}

Wow so not only in China there is free internet, electric, and water but now these parts of the world. Next they are going to start kicking people out of there homes.

I've been in China twice, and I can tell you that you have NO idea what you are talking about. So, please, travel a little around the world before talk about the countries you DON'T know.Crazy

By cax

Prophet (3736)

cax's picture

14-08-2008, 15:14

Maybe a bird, there is a bird
we got that tends to dominate the keyboards.
Before we got the dog
she would even walk
around freely biting at our toes
when we got too close,
since I almost steped on her a couple of times.

WTF Question
Is there ANYONE who knows what kind of drugs this guy is on? If so, give me some. Wink

It sounds like afro music :-)

By dhau

Paragon (1570)

dhau's picture

15-08-2008, 06:33

I think it's clear. RegalSin won the Internet from Yukio, and is current reigning champion!

By Yukio

Paragon (1540)

Yukio's picture

15-08-2008, 10:47

I believe that It is not recommended (or permitted) to make references to dictionaries and encyclopedias on academic works. Only real academic references or books could be acceptable ...

There is much more on the data mining that some people previous believed. It is a specialized task.

By RegalSin

Supporter (14)

RegalSin's picture

18-08-2008, 18:12

I've been in China twice,

where and when in China? There is also a big diffrence between going somewhere and living somewhere also guy. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

I was replying this notebook will bomb out and not affect the populus of any lesser country.

There is much more on the data mining that some people previous believed. It is a specialized task.

Most reccomended acedemic books say jibberish for the most part. Then for the person studying stand alone it gets harder to get the books they need. Even proffessors in colleges while being better then most elementary teachers can give students a hard time.

It is like the ability of the indivisual's power to self-gather and generate.

Page 12/13
5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | | 13