[HELP] CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT

Page 1/2
| 2

By journey

Champion (316)

journey's picture

12-05-2018, 11:12

HI,

As noticed by Manuel, it's the time to create a section about the help request for the mighty "Children of the night" game.

Most puzzle are very complicated (at least for me..)

who is stuck (somewhere), put the request for help here.

I start:

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Grabbed the SHU relic, now i have to go to Abandoned Opera house to find ERIC, but i don't comprend the puzzle:

I've read the the clue from the dry tree, tree and grave, but i don't know what to do.. Question

Perhaps I have to go at the Lich Graveyeard first?
But also there, i don't understand the clue from the blu columns about eyes and nose... Question

Login or register to post comments

By Guillian

Prophet (3197)

Guillian's picture

12-05-2018, 22:31

Just talk to the dying tree, the two trees and the three graves. Now you can pass the blue columns.

By wyrdwad

Paladin (729)

wyrdwad's picture

13-05-2018, 01:17

You got stuck where I got stuck, it seems. You do indeed need to go to the Lich's Graveyard first, because that bridge in the map posted above won't exist until you get the Flesh Shell ability.

To access the dungeon area of the Lich's Graveyard, you need to solve the puzzle about the eyes and nose. Basically, there are spots on the map that correspond to the Lich's eyes and nose, and you have to touch the right eye first, then the left eye, then the nose, and THEN you can proceed into the graveyard proper. (This is hinted at by a sign on the lower-right portion of the map.)

You'll know you've gotten the right spots, because messages will pop up saying "the Lich has no eyes" or "the Lich has no nose" when you walk over them.

-Tom

By journey

Champion (316)

journey's picture

13-05-2018, 09:12

Thank you both guys!!! Smile

By OeiOeiVogeltje

Paragon (1232)

OeiOeiVogeltje's picture

13-05-2018, 12:59

wyrdwad wrote:

To access the dungeon area of the Lich's Graveyard, you need to solve the puzzle about the eyes and nose. Basically, there are spots on the map that correspond to the Lich's eyes and nose, and you have to touch the right eye first, then the left eye, then the nose, and THEN you can proceed into the graveyard proper. (This is hinted at by a sign on the lower-right portion of the map.)

-Tom

how do you ever find stuff like this out??
running around aimlessly?? just keep trying??

also... killing enemies untill level up is NOT handy when you are level 52 and still have not found SHU temple

By wyrdwad

Paladin (729)

wyrdwad's picture

13-05-2018, 13:12

OeiOeiVogeltje wrote:

how do you ever find stuff like this out??
running around aimlessly?? just keep trying??

Like I said, it's directly hinted at on the sign on the lower-right portion of the map. I learned after getting stuck at this point that you need to read every single sign you find in this game, and make sure you remember what it says, because aside from the signs that just fill in backstory, every single sign in the game is important, either hinting at a puzzle that you need to solve or actually being PART of the puzzle that you need to solve.

As long as you pay careful attention to every sign, though, it's not too difficult to solve any of the game's puzzles. I solved every one of them on my own EXCEPT this one -- I wound up emailing Toni from Micromancers to ask about this, and all he told me was that I needed to go to the Lich's Graveyard, and that the voices there that talked about the Lich's eyes and nose were important. He didn't tell me what to do with them -- I figured that out on my own after reading the sign.

Quote:

also... killing enemies untill level up is NOT handy when you are level 52 and still have not found SHU temple

If you stand still for a while, you'll slowly recover health. I don't know if this works everywhere, but it seems to work in the dungeon areas, so I suspect it's kind of the reverse of how Adol recovers health in Ys: stand still somewhere NOT in the sun, and you'll recover health.

-Tom

By Gabbiani

Supporter (13)

Gabbiani's picture

13-05-2018, 14:43

OeiOeiVogeltje wrote:
wyrdwad wrote:

To access the dungeon area of the Lich's Graveyard, you need to solve the puzzle about the eyes and nose. Basically, there are spots on the map that correspond to the Lich's eyes and nose, and you have to touch the right eye first, then the left eye, then the nose, and THEN you can proceed into the graveyard proper. (This is hinted at by a sign on the lower-right portion of the map.)

-Tom

how do you ever find stuff like this out??
running around aimlessly?? just keep trying??

also... killing enemies untill level up is NOT handy when you are level 52 and still have not found SHU temple

Do you read the signs or listen to NPC? Just follow the clues. Read, listen, think. This is an RPG, not a shot'm'up...

By journey

Champion (316)

journey's picture

20-05-2018, 11:28

Hi guys,

a (new) couple of questions:

**** SPOILER ALERT!!! *****
.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

In the Cthulhu's Swamp, i've found 3 white switches (1 north, 1 left-south and 1 in the middle).
I've read the cartels about the GOLDEN LOCK and the WOODEN LOCK and I've tried many switches combinations, but nothing happens..

In the Temple of Shu, there is a second Relic.
After obtained the Shu Relic, a message tell me that i have to go to the Opera House.
I'm returned in the Shu Temple after taking the Eric Relic, no access to the second Relic..

I have 2 relics: SHU and ERIC

This my powers screen:

Advices?

By wyrdwad

Paladin (729)

wyrdwad's picture

20-05-2018, 11:58

When you hit the three switches in Cthulhu's Swamp, something DOES happen. Check the trees along the west side of the area before and after -- there may be something different about them now!

Also, that second relic in the Temple of Shu is only available once you've obtained the other 5 relics. So when you've gotten all 5 of them, come back here and you'll be able to get the final relic.

-Tom

By journey

Champion (316)

journey's picture

20-05-2018, 12:13

wyrdwad wrote:

When you hit the three switches in Cthulhu's Swamp, something DOES happen. Check the trees along the west side of the area before and after -- there may be something different about them now!

Also, that second relic in the Temple of Shu is only available once you've obtained the other 5 relics. So when you've gotten all 5 of them, come back here and you'll be able to get the final relic.

-Tom

You're right. After press the three switches, some trees from the left disappears, and now i can cross the water. thankyou Tom! Smile

By wyrdwad

Paladin (729)

wyrdwad's picture

21-05-2018, 02:55

journey wrote:

You're right. After press the three switches, some trees from the left disappears, and now i can cross the water. thankyou Tom! Smile

No problem. Be sure to look for other places where there are subtle breaks in the border of the swamp, too -- you'll miss something cool if you don't. Wink

-Tom

Page 1/2
| 2
My MSX profile