Play MSXdev games directly online at File Hunter's dedicated section

Page 1/3
| 2 | 3

By MSXdev Team

Expert (90)

MSXdev Team's picture

30-03-2018, 23:06

Hello, dear MSX friends!
Thanks to the efforts of tfh, some entries are already included to use with WebMSX. There is a handy sidebar menu, so all you have to do is click on a title and the fun begins!
As said, not all games are included yet, but tfh will add the rest of the games over time.
Have a look here:
https://www.file-hunter.com/MSXdev/

Login or register to post comments

By Grauw

Ascended (8382)

Grauw's picture

30-03-2018, 23:52

Awesome! 143 scene games right in the browser Big smile.

By tfh

Paragon (1794)

tfh's picture

31-03-2018, 11:10

The 2003, 2006 & 2018 entries are there already. The rest will be added shortly.
MSXdev is a great initiative and has supplied the MSX comunity with some great games over the last few years. Last week someone one Facebook suggested to make a dedicated MSXdev section on my site which I thought was a great idea, so. Let's do it Smile

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5495)

mars2000you's picture

31-03-2018, 11:29

I can't access to this page, as I'm redirected to a page on the MSX Information Network, saying "Page not Found
My MSX cant find the page you're looking for"

By Manuel

Ascended (15686)

Manuel's picture

31-03-2018, 11:40

Works fine here...

By tfh

Paragon (1794)

tfh's picture

31-03-2018, 11:53

mars2000you wrote:

I can't access to this page, as I'm redirected to a page on the MSX Information Network, saying "Page not Found
My MSX cant find the page you're looking for"

What browser are you using? Safari by any chance?
Can you go there by going to https://www.file-hunter.com and selecting MSXdev in the top menu?

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5495)

mars2000you's picture

31-03-2018, 11:59

Both IE and Firefox (on Windows) say me that there's a problem with the security certificate of this site. Firefox even mentions that the configuration of the site is incorrect. Chrome does not give these indications, except that the site is not secure.

The concerned site is https://www.file-hunter.com.

I guess it's now a part of https://www.msxinfo.net/, but tfh site can't be accessed.

By tfh

Paragon (1794)

tfh's picture

31-03-2018, 12:56

mars2000you wrote:

Both IE and Firefox (on Windows) say me that there's a problem with the security certificate of this site. Firefox even mentions that the configuration of the site is incorrect. Chrome does not give these indications, except that the site is not secure.

The concerned site is https://www.file-hunter.com.

I guess it's now a part of https://www.msxinfo.net/, but tfh site can't be accessed.

I do hear more problems recently, so it's indeed something we must check out. www.file-hunter.com is hosted at www.msxinfo.net since about a month or two.
Over here I have tried with Chrome, IE11 & Edge and all work fine and also tell me the connection is secure & encrytped. But I guess in some cases something does go wrong. Have you increased your security settings beyond the standard levels?
I guess it's a minority that runs into problems (yesterday the site had over 1000 visitors: http://www.amusementfactory.com.br/msxrating/toplist.php), but still... Everyone should be able to visit the site correctly of course.
In the meantime I will contact msxinfo.net. Maybe he has an idea what could be wrong :)

Hmmm, come to think of it: I updated my IPv6 settings. Are you visiting through IPv6? Maybe that configuration is wrong.

By Grauw

Ascended (8382)

Grauw's picture

31-03-2018, 13:00

Works fine here on Firefox (MacOS) too. Chrome and Safari as well, and all of them say the certificate is valid and secure. Via IPv4.

By tfh

Paragon (1794)

tfh's picture

31-03-2018, 13:03

In the meantime added the MSXdev 2017 entries ;-)

By mars2000you

Enlighted (5495)

mars2000you's picture

31-03-2018, 13:16

tfh wrote:

Hmmm, come to think of it: I updated my IPv6 settings. Are you visiting through IPv6? Maybe that configuration is wrong.

Yes, I've a new Internet box since 2 weeks, and it uses IPv6 addresses. I've just checked what is my IP addresss and the answer gives 8 groups of 4 hexadecimal digits separated by a colon, what corrresponds to IPv6.

Page 1/3
| 2 | 3