SofaRun v4.0 released

Page 1/4
| 2 | 3 | 4

By Louthrax

Paragon (1982)

Louthrax's picture

02-03-2019, 00:21

Hi all,

SofaRun finally goes MSX 2 with this new 4.0 version:

It of course remains MSX 1 compatible, but you can now browse your folders or ZIP files in 80*26.5 characters resolution:



Other changes are:

  • SofaRun now works on any MSX computer with MSX-DOS 2 and 32KB free mapped memory. MSX machines with a total of 128KB mapped memory are supported, assuming that you use COMMAND.COM version 2.31 or lower (versions above 2.31 are allocating an extra 16KB memory segment). That beeing said, if you want to launch a disk image containing a program using mapped memory (like Project Melancholia or cracked games from the 80's), you'll need more memory.
  • Memory mapper mode optimization in SofaROM.
  • Maybe other things I forgot since the previous release in 2017...

Download link is still the same: https://www.louthrax.net/mgr/

Login or register to post comments

By Vampier

Prophet (2272)

Vampier's picture

02-03-2019, 01:08

Thanks man! Great!!!

By iamweasel2

Champion (493)

iamweasel2's picture

02-03-2019, 01:28

That's really cool to see a new version of this great MSX software ! Thanks Louthrax ! Smile

By Hydragon

Hero (654)

Hydragon's picture

02-03-2019, 02:34

As soon that someone mentioned on my stream SofaRun 4.0 was released and it had mode 80, directly updated it and I'm loving it. This makes browsing the zip files so much easier hahaha. Looking forward to a multiselect and execute option like in MultiMente.

By Louthrax

Paragon (1982)

Louthrax's picture

02-03-2019, 02:58

Hydragon wrote:

As soon that someone mentioned on my stream SofaRun 4.0 was released and it had mode 80, directly updated it and I'm loving it.

Thanks Hydragon, I saw you using SofaRun on your channel Smile

Hydragon wrote:

This makes browsing the zip files so much easier hahaha. Looking forward to a multiselect and execute option like in MultiMente.

Yep, the multi-file option is my next target, when I'll have some time !

By Louthrax

Paragon (1982)

Louthrax's picture

02-03-2019, 03:00

Late-night update before going to bed: I fixed a bug causing a crash when switching from 40 to 80 columns mode while browsing a ZIP file (using the "force 40 columns mode" setting). Also improved the way the UI settings are applied.

You guys can re-download (I have not changed the version number).

By gdx

Prophet (2562)

gdx's picture

02-03-2019, 04:37

Thanks Louthrax,

Bug: The characters are unreadable when I edit a text on MSX1.

Hydragon wrote:

Looking forward to a multiselect and execute option like in MultiMente.

Looking forward to define several commands for each filename extension like M File Manager.

By Wlcracks

Champion (283)

Wlcracks's picture

02-03-2019, 08:46

Nice. Thank you for your work.

By Louthrax

Paragon (1982)

Louthrax's picture

02-03-2019, 09:15

gdx wrote:

Thanks Louthrax,
Bug: The characters are unreadable when I edit a text on MSX1.

You mean when editing INI or BAT files from SofaRun I guess ? I'll check that.

gdx wrote:

Looking forward to define several commands for each filename extension like M File Manager.

Yep, that's an interesting feature too!

By msxtrd

Master (194)

msxtrd's picture

02-03-2019, 09:17

Superb news! Great work!! Smile)

By Louthrax

Paragon (1982)

Louthrax's picture

02-03-2019, 10:10

Louthrax wrote:
gdx wrote:

Thanks Louthrax,
Bug: The characters are unreadable when I edit a text on MSX1.

You mean when editing INI or BAT files from SofaRun I guess ? I'll check that.

Fixed (AKID.COM does not like non-standard TXTCGP adresses, which I had to move for 80 columns support).

You can re-download.

Page 1/4
| 2 | 3 | 4
My MSX profile