[SURVEY] IMPROVED/ENHANCED/REMAKE GAMES

Page 5/8
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6 | 7 | 8

By wolf_

Ambassador_ (9769)

wolf_'s picture

28-04-2017, 13:06

Dunno if it has been fixed already, but the way to enter passwords in Usas is downright annoying. Often enough I can start typing all over again because the keyboard reactivity is p00p. I'd think that this is an easy fix.

By hamlet

Scribe (2530)

hamlet's picture

28-04-2017, 17:22

Here´s a pic showing my suggestion.
Antarctic Adventure on three screens using two GFX9000.

By sd_snatcher

Prophet (3068)

sd_snatcher's picture

28-04-2017, 17:36

ren wrote:

Herzog speed/lag improvement by taking advantage of R800 / Pana MSX2+ / 7Mhz turbo?

Tip: Except for some minor issues in the presentation and the menu, Herzog already supports a turbo without trouble. Wink

You just have to enable the turbo before you run the game.

By sd_snatcher

Prophet (3068)

sd_snatcher's picture

28-04-2017, 17:42

If someone could fix the awful sprite flickering of Scramble Formation, that would be nice. FM sound would be a bonus.

By Victor

Champion (469)

Victor's picture

29-04-2017, 00:49

sd_snatcher wrote:

If someone could fix the awful sprite flickering of Scramble Formation, that would be nice. FM sound would be a bonus.

You're right... The "sprites routine" is worst... This needs to be optimized...

By journey

Champion (370)

journey's picture

29-04-2017, 08:15

hamlet wrote:

Here´s a pic showing my suggestion.
Antarctic Adventure on three screens using two GFX9000.

FANTASTIC!

By Manuel

Ascended (15750)

Manuel's picture

29-04-2017, 15:17

Victor wrote:
sd_snatcher wrote:

If someone could fix the awful sprite flickering of Scramble Formation, that would be nice. FM sound would be a bonus.

You're right... The "sprites routine" is worst... This needs to be optimized...

It looks quite similar to the 1942 routines...

By Manuel

Ascended (15750)

Manuel's picture

29-04-2017, 15:58

Oh, what about enhancing/rewriting Zaxxon? Smile

By JohnHassink

Ambassador (5413)

JohnHassink's picture

30-04-2017, 09:02

sd_snatcher wrote:

If someone could fix the awful sprite flickering of Scramble Formation, that would be nice. FM sound would be a bonus.

That inspired me to make a quick and dirty OPLL version of the main in-game theme.
https://youtu.be/GmT1Pc10SBo
This set-up would leave two PSG channels and one OPLL channel open for sound effects.
Ofcourse this is just a beta beta beta version. I tried to keep the middle ground between the MSX and the arcade version, but this doesn't sound good yet, it was less than an hour work. It's just to serve as an example. The PSG noise generator is unused on purpose (even if I'd love to), to give room to sound effects.

I'd have to convince Huey to finish the TTFM replayer for ASM. I'm totally up for enhancing existing soumdtracks. ;)

By ren

Paragon (1225)

ren's picture

30-04-2017, 16:22

sd_snatcher wrote:

Tip: Except for some minor issues in the presentation and the menu, Herzog already supports a turbo without trouble. Wink

You just have to enable the turbo before you run the game.

Ehm, good to know.. :noob-shame: thanks! Smile

Unfortunately no good (reliable) way to test stuff like this on openMSX right? I see you reported quite some technical issues, on turbo support/handling as well. E.g. #799 Panasonic MSX2+ sound pitch isn't affected by turbo (open/unresolved) and #989 Missing I/O slowdown on Panasonic MSX2+ machines in turbo mode (closed, but not 100% concluded it seems).

P.s.: another proposal then: network support for Herzog.. ;)
Ps(2): I hereby would already like to give my vote for MSX nerd (freak) of the year 2017 to hamlet.. (He easily could have won last year already, but well.. ;))

Page 5/8
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | | 6 | 7 | 8